• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Board language

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What about hitting a "Huffer" to the infield?

I mentioned this today with some friends while watching the game, and they all looked with incredible intrigue. Then, it was as if the laws of the universe aligned themselves for that split second, and, without mentioning a word, we all understood what that term meant: Utter suckage.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about hitting a "Huffer" to the infield?

I mentioned this today with some friends while watching the game, and they all looked with incredible intrigue. Then, it was as if the laws of the universe aligned themselves for that split second, and, without mentioning a word, we all understood what that term meant: Utter suckage.

Only if it begins to be used with regularity on here. All the ones on the list meet that criteria.

We gotta have some standards. Without standards, things/people/sayings get recognition they don't deserve.

See: Marvin Bernard. ;)

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if it begins to be used with regularity on here. All the ones on the list meet that criteria.

We gotta have some standards. Without standards, things/people/sayings get recognition they don't deserve.

Good point.

Sorry sfr.t.b. I second Stokes nomination. It clearly is Whiteside's fault.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I'd rather have 8 Marvin Bernards + a pitcher as a line up than to see Huff right now. "Huffer" was recently mentioned in a game day thread recently. It just cements my rage for the guy at the moment. :smokin:

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have 8 Marvin Bernards + a pitcher as a line up than to see Huff right now. "Huffer" was recently mentioned in a game day thread recently. It just cements my rage for the guy at the moment. :smokin:

A huffer. i like it. Appropriately describes a grounder thats short of breath.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point.

Sorry sfr.t.b. I second Stokes nomination. It clearly is Whiteside's fault.

You mean Colin? And it's Whiteside's fault for me not wanting him to gain recognition for his own nickmane, Whiteside's fault.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin - Look at the post above you. The poster's name is SFGiants r the best. I believe that's just a shortening of the poster's name.
:smokin:

Thank you sir. I'm a little slow today.

That's right, just today... :wacko:

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Colin? And it's Whiteside's fault for me not wanting him to gain recognition for his own nickmane, Whiteside's fault.

Whoops, sorry bout that CC. Looks like you're not the only slow one.

notmyfault

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read regularly, but never posted on the ESPN boards...thanks for the definitions on all the inside humor. I always thought Nick Lowery had something to do w/ Noah Lowery...as I remember I started seeing that term used when it was known Noah's career was done.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Lowery is the greatest baseball player, nay human being, to ever live!

Seriously, though, a long time ago on the Giants board some moron (can't recall of the many that would pop in) was going on about how great Nick Lowery is. Obviously, that troll meant Noah Lowry. It was even funnier because Noah was on the DL at the time, and we now know would never really come off of it. Given that there were many other witty posters, it became a running gag with everyone proclaiming absurd accomplishments by Nick Lowery, a la Chuck Norris jokes.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Lowery is the greatest baseball player, nay human being, to ever live!

Seriously, though, a long time ago on the Giants board some moron (can't recall of the many that would pop in) was going on about how great Nick Lowery is. Obviously, that troll meant Noah Lowry. It was even funnier because Noah was on the DL at the time, and we now know would never really come off of it. Given that there were many other witty posters, it became a running gag with everyone proclaiming absurd accomplishments by Nick Lowery, a la Chuck Norris jokes.

Of course we now know that Nick Lowery is the REAL Most Interesting Man in the World

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we now know that Nick Lowery is the REAL Most Interesting Man in the World

The Most Interesting Man in the World puts Nick Lowery to sleep.

And Lowery STILL manages a 3-5 night with 2 RBI and a SB.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Most Interesting Man in the World puts Nick Lowery to sleep.

And Lowery STILL manages a 3-5 night with 2 RBI and a SB.

...while pitching a 2 hit shutout