• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo Jackson

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 for 30: You Don't Know Bo

One of the best things I've watched. I wasn't really old enough to remember him, but his athletic ability has probably never been seen again even today with the way players are coming out of college. I find it extremely sad the way that his career ended. Part of me hates the Bengals for ending the career of a player of that caliber. However if the doctors listened to him when he said he dislocated his hip and popped it back in they probably would have caught the busted blood vessel in time that he could have came back.

The play that impressed me the most out of any of them though was the throw from the track when he threw Harold Reynolds out at home. The only other player I've seen that could throw anywhere near that is Vladimir Guerrero.

I'm also not sure there is a more amazing moment in sports history than the first at bat after he had hip replacement and came back for his first game right after his mother died, he hit a home run.

If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. One of the best things I can remember watching.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best athletes to ever play the game, arguably the best.

Played juco ball with his nephew 6'8" 320 OT, soft as a pillow but an extremely nice guy. I've always been a Bo Jackson fan.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched him play baseball in college. I saw him hit a home run that I still don't think has landed. Man among boys......

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo Jackson was the most athletic offensive player ever in college football. IMO the greatest athlete was Deion Sanders

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo Jackson was the most athletic offensive player ever in college football. IMO the greatest athlete was Deion Sanders

Why? Deion was fast and that was all. Bo was about 40 lbs heavier, nearly as fast and 100x stronger than Deion. Deion can't hold his jock honestly.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I think about it, Bo was faster than Deion. Bo ran a 4.12 at the combine and 6later that week ran a 4.18 in the 40 while Deion ran a 4.27.

Both players were 6'1" but Deion was 190 lbs and Bo was 230

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Deion was fast and that was all. Bo was about 40 lbs heavier, nearly as fast and 100x stronger than Deion. Deion can't hold his jock honestly.

Now that I think about it, Bo was faster than Deion. Bo ran a 4.12 at the combine and 6later that week ran a 4.18 in the 40 while Deion ran a 4.27.

Because Prime took away half a field and the guy was electric with the ball in his hand. Not taking anything away from Jackson IE he is the most athletic offensive players I ever so but I think Sanders was a better athlete then Bo. Better Baseball player too

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Prime took away half a field and the guy was electric with the ball in his hand. Not taking anything away from Jackson IE he is the most athletic offensive players I ever so but I think Sanders was a better athlete then Bo. Better Baseball player too

We aren't talking about who was the better player, Deion is the best all time at his position. Bo Jackson was also electric with the ball in his hand, had his career not been shortened by injury he would have smashed records.

You keep saying that Sanders is the better athlete but where is your proof? Better athlete in what way? Being a better player doesn't make you a better athlete. Bo was faster, stronger and bigger than Deion.

They are very comparable baseball players. Deion played longer yet Bo still had more hits, runs, homeruns, walks. Neither's BA was anything to brag about Deion had 2.63 and Bo 2.50. Bo had more strikeouts and Deion had more steals. How is Deion a better player?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most athletic guy ever was Jim Thorpe, but he played before everything was televised. He was a pro at Basketball, Baseball, and Football (the first person in the hall of fame). He also was an track and field (in hall of fame) Olympian and won the decathlon and the pentathlon. The only training he had for the Olympics that were held in Europe was running on the ship. He still set several world records that stayed around till after WWII. In college football (in hall of fame) he played CB, RB, P, and K. He was also voted best athlete of the first half and then the whole 20th century by ABC wide world of sports.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In my lifetime there have only been a few other athletes that have had that "wow factor" that compared to Bo:
-MJ...especially pre 1st retirement.
-Barry Bonds on steroids/flaxseed oil
-Barry Sanders
-Mike Tyson pre-prison
-Messi
-and I think Lebron has just started to inch his way onto this list

I'd still put Bo #1 though. His injury robbed us all as sports fans. He could do things on the field that we've never seen and never will see...and in 2 sports! He had the best outfield arm I've ever seen, could mow down the biggest LBs like they were ants, hit Ruthian home runs, and outrun the fastest DBs. He could do it all!

The only one who can actually put Bo to shame is techmo bowl Bo!

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the Raiders have Marcus Allen and Bo Jackson back then? Marcus Allen is in the Hall of Fame and was already established as top RB in the league when the Raiders got Bo. When baseball season was over and Bo started his NFL season Allen essential became the 2nd RB on the depth chart.

I'm looking at the stats now, in 1989 Bo had 950 yards in only 11 games. That was also the most games he played in a season. He would always miss the start of the season due to his baseball career. If he quit baseball and just focused football and had the time to participate in the off-season workouts and training camps he very well could have been the best RB the NFL ever saw. I mean he nearly gets a 1000 yard season in only 11 games coming straight from a 162 game baseball season and joining his NFL team a 1/3rd of the way into the season. Anyone think there are many athletes that could do that?

Biggest difference in Bo and Deion is that Deion seemed to play baseball as a hobby. He was always an NFL player first. Bo seemed to be the opposite. He was a baseball player that simply played football because he was to good not to. he is probably the greatest what if story in all of sports. What if he did not have that freak injury that robbed him of his talent? He very well could be sitting in the Hall of Fame for both sports right now.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most athletic guy ever was Jim Thorpe, but he played before everything was televised. He was a pro at Basketball, Baseball, and Football (the first person in the hall of fame). He also was an track and field (in hall of fame) Olympian and won the decathlon and the pentathlon. The only training he had for the Olympics that were held in Europe was running on the ship. He still set several world records that stayed around till after WWII. In college football (in hall of fame) he played CB, RB, P, and K. He was also voted best athlete of the first half and then the whole 20th century by ABC wide world of sports.

Rep :agree:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're talking about two great athletes. but imo wr and corner require the most athletic ability. deion was the best corner of all time who was dangerous on offense as well. bo was more power and i bet he could have been an excellent linebacker.

u don't need to be a great athlete to excel at running back or linebacker.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dion was the best athlete... who refused to tackle.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its absolutely ridiculous to even think Deion was a better athlete than Bo Jackson. Jackson was bigger, stronger, faster, could jump higher.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
we're talking about two great athletes. but imo wr and corner require the most athletic ability. deion was the best corner of all time who was dangerous on offense as well. bo was more power and i bet he could have been an excellent linebacker.

u don't need to be a great athlete to excel at running back or linebacker.

Bullshit. Strength and power are parts of athleticism. Find me one person who will say Deion had good strength with a straight face. I would say if you're looking for "best athlete" in an overall sense you have to look at RBs and LBs (someone like Adrian Peterson or Patrick Willis).

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt that Bo Jackson was faster. Bo Jackson's 40 time was hand-timed. Also, Deion Sanders ran the 100 meter dash about two-tenths of a second faster. That's a huge difference in that event.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. Strength and power are parts of athleticism. Find me one person who will say Deion had good strength with a straight face. I would say if you're looking for "best athlete" in an overall sense you have to look at RBs and LBs (someone like Adrian Peterson or Patrick Willis).

this is the thing, the top corners in the league are more athletic than the top running backs or linebackers.

strength is a factor but i rank it lower for saying who's more 'athletic'. i would say michael vick was more athletic than bo.