• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bills Offseason

Hightower23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow did not see that coming from the Bills today but happy with the moves made.
WR's John Brown and Cole Beasley and a depth signing for OT Ty Nsekhe.

Brown adds another outside deep threat opposite Foster and Beasley is a good slot receiver who should be reliable target for Allen.

I have to say i am impressed with what Beane has done over the last couple of days and the team is moving in the right direction.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow did not see that coming from the Bills today but happy with the moves made.
WR's John Brown and Cole Beasley and a depth signing for OT Ty Nsekhe.

Brown adds another outside deep threat opposite Foster and Beasley is a good slot receiver who should be reliable target for Allen.

I have to say i am impressed with what Beane has done over the last couple of days and the team is moving in the right direction.

They added OG Jon Feliciano from the Raiders as well.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a fan of most of our moves

Adding Morse was absolutely essential and my favorite move

Cole Beasley is a consistent slot receiver who will help Allen improve his completion percentage.

John Brown can be good when healthy but knowing our luck with receiver injuries I unfortunately don't expect to see much of him

Nsekhe was another move I'm a fan of, at the least he is definitely an upgrade over Mills at right tackle, Kevin Johnson is a guy with potential if he can stay healthy, Gore actually was better than Shady last year (with better blocking though) and overall gives us an old but solid tandem at RB

Tyler Kroft though, what are we thinking with this? He sucks

Overall we've made improvements, enough has been done with the offensive line that we have the freedom to grab the best player available to us (most likely a defensive lineman) with our first round pick.

Going forward, we still need to work on the offensive line in the draft. We need another receiver, tight end is a big need we have to address and we need a young RB

Defensive needs haven't changed much, which is preferable. It was smart thinking by Beane because this year's draft is definitely stronger with defensive players, especially on the defensive line

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF evaluations of the Bills' signings:

ELITE: None

VERY GOOD:

Bills sign OT Ty Nsekhe to a two-year, $14.5M deal, $7.7M guaranteed

Ty Nsekhe may be the game’s best swing tackle, having shown over the past few seasons that he can fill in and start along multiple positions on the offensive line. He also has high-quality starts at left tackle, such as an 81.9 PFF grade against the Falcons this past season. And Buffalo got him for similar money to Bobby Hart in Cincinnati. — @PFF_Sam

Bills sign RB Frank Gore to a one-year, $2M deal

Minimal money for an ageless wonder who somehow remains not only productive but also out-grading his raw statistics, you can’t help but like this deal. — @PFF_Sam

ABOVE AVERAGE:

Bills sign WR John Brown to a three-year, $27M deal, $10.1M guaranteed

John Brown showed last season in Baltimore he could still get open, and when Joe Flacco was the quarterback, he was a viable deep threat. Josh Allen took a deep shot on 19.7% of his attempts as a rookie, by far the most of any quarterback in the league, so this is a connection with potential for big plays. — @PFF_Sam

Bills sign WR Cole Beasley to a four-year, $29M deal, $14.4M guaranteed

While the fit is intriguing considering QB Josh Allen’s accuracy concerns and Beasley’s propensity to work underneath (46 of his 69 receptions in 2018 came on routes less than 10 yards from the line of scrimmage), he is an intriguing player who was likely under-utilized in Dallas. Over his past three seasons, 761 of his 1907 receiving yards came after the catch, and he dropped just 6-of-189 catchable balls thrown his way. — @PFF_Josh

AVERAGE:

Bills sign C Mitch Morse to a four-year, $44M deal, $20.4M guaranteed

The need at center (and throughout Buffalo’s offensive line for that matter) was significant, and when healthy, Morse represents an upgrade at the position, albeit an expensive one. Morse has gotten consistently better in pass protection during his four years in the league, as his season pass-blocking grade while with the Chiefs never fell below 70.0 but his run-blocking grades never reached that mark. On 534 pass-blocks in 2018, he gave up no sacks, just one quarterback hit and four hurries. — @PFF_Josh

Bills sign CB Kevin Johnson to a one-year, $3M deal, $400k guaranteed

The former first-rounder out of Wake Forest never lived up to his No. 16 overall draft status as he’s graded below replacement level in three of his four seasons. His 2018 season was cut short due to injury, as was his best season in 2016 but the Bills are giving Johnson a chance he can capture the success he had in his one good year in 2016 where he graded at 80.9 and allowed a passer rating of 68.8. — @JohnKosko3

BELOW AVERAGE:

Bills sign TE Tyler Kroft to a three-year, $18.75M deal, $9.05M guaranteed

The Bills are probably banking on potential here more than signing Kroft because of his past performance with the Bengals. Kroft is coming off an injury and has played more than 400 snaps in just one of his four seasons in Cincinnati. While he did put up big numbers in that one season by catching seven touchdowns on 42 receptions, he also had four dropped passes on 46 catchable throws. In addition, Kroft has also failed to earn a run-blocking grade over 65.0 since his rookie year, which suggests the Bills are expecting him to be their No. 1 receiving tight end. — @PFF_Zoltan

POOR: None

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall a fair evaluation I'd say

For one Beane has said from the start that we're not going to be a franchise that shoots for the elite signings...but if we can fill some holes in free agency we'll do it. That's exactly what we did

Looking forward to the draft

fear and loathing

American Idle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season the Bills suffered horribly from gawd-awful O-line, no receivers worth mentioning, a forgettable front four and a rookie QB with no offensive tools or pro experience. It was a team deserving of a top 3 draft pick, but blew that unfortunately.

They've gotten rid of the worst of the old O-line, and the new guys just have to be better.

They've added a couple of potentially decent receivers, which has to be an improvement.

Allen has a year behind him, and a significantly better offensive squad around him.

Unfortunately, the front four is nothing to shout about especially "Star" Lotulele. Running back is not a strength.

Maybe the draft will fix that.

If so, maybe a wildcard and making a dent into the playoffs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season the Bills suffered horribly from gawd-awful O-line, no receivers worth mentioning, a forgettable front four and a rookie QB with no offensive tools or pro experience. It was a team deserving of a top 3 draft pick, but blew that unfortunately.

They've gotten rid of the worst of the old O-line, and the new guys just have to be better.

They've added a couple of potentially decent receivers, which has to be an improvement.

Allen has a year behind him, and a significantly better offensive squad around him.

Unfortunately, the front four is nothing to shout about especially "Star" Lotulele. Running back is not a strength.

Maybe the draft will fix that.

If so, maybe a wildcard and making a dent into the playoffs.

Improved line play will help Shady & Gore, but they definitely need some young blood in that mix. I would expect that 1st rounder to go to a big DT prospect, provided they aren't all snapped up early. Quinnen will probably be gone, but Oliver could be sitting right there for them.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I have is probably also what was good about the offseason almost no long term contracts but that also means we have to draft well over the next few years. We need to get young Oline in here to grow with Allen we need to draft WR that can replace Brown or maybe be a true number 1.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beautiful draft!

Oliver, Ford, Singletary, Knox, Joseph will all be mainstays.