• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bill Simmons Leaving ESPN

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently ESPN bought Grantland from him (previous to this news) and plans on retaining it. Grantland is ESPN's now.

They've always owned it, Grantland just operates separately. It's a separate division.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I liked the use of 'testicular fortitude'

Prior to that, I'd only heard it on local sports radio.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Surprising news. The guy has some crazy ideas and thoughts at times... but I've always found him entertaining. The show he does with Jalen is pretty cool.
I'm surprised he wasn't fired long ago.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad it's happening before the draft, Bill's petulant commentary, homerism and dickriding certain players won't be missed there... hope Jalen won't be doing it either. Other than that I don't care.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can not stand this guy. Him and Jalen were one of the worst combos on TV.

Next NBA personality to be cut should be whiny Jalen. Following him should be the Jonah Hill look-a-like

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can not stand this guy. Him and Jalen were one of the worst combos on TV.

Next NBA personality to be cut should be whiny Jalen. Following him should be the Jonah Hill look-a-like

Windhorst?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one man is bigger than ESPN

images

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never liked Bill Simmons. In 2006 he wrote an article about how the Heat winning the title was bad for the NBA. Glad that Heat hating douche bag is gone.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I hate five teams and only five: the Lakers, Yankees, Heat, Canadiens and New York Giants. My children will never be allowed to root for those five teams. It’s just non-negotiable. And even I was rooting for Miami on Wednesday night. It felt icky, it felt weird, it felt foreign … but it had to be done. I wanted that Spurs-Heat game. Only afterward did I realize how dreadful it was to shift to the dark side and root for the Miami Heat — I ended up taking one of those Silkwood showers afterward."

Bill Simmons 4/1/13

The Heat in Hindsight

Bill Simmons isn't half the journalist the completely unbiased and fair minded Dan LeBatard is.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I hate five teams and only five: the Lakers, Yankees, Heat, Canadiens and New York Giants. My children will never be allowed to root for those five teams. It’s just non-negotiable. And even I was rooting for Miami on Wednesday night. It felt icky, it felt weird, it felt foreign … but it had to be done. I wanted that Spurs-Heat game. Only afterward did I realize how dreadful it was to shift to the dark side and root for the Miami Heat — I ended up taking one of those Silkwood showers afterward."

Bill Simmons 4/1/13

The Heat in Hindsight

Bill Simmons isn't half the journalist the completely unbiased and fair minded Dan LeBatard is.

He's not a journalist. He's a columnist. There's a difference that people miss all the time. Journalist are typically reporters and are suppose to be unbiased in their coverage. If they report their own opinions on something, its suppose to be upfront about it and typically have research to go along with it. Columnists, on the other hand, are paid for their opinions and can basically say whatever they want. That's why I don't get bothered by the likes of Simmons if they don't like a team I like. They aren't expected to be purely objective. They can have their own likes.

It's easy to get confused though nowadays. Over the last 5 to 10 years, more reporters have been giving their own bias opinion in with their work which skews things. For example, Brian Windhorst is suppose to be a reporter but he's basically just a schill for Lebron James. Or even worse, pro teams are hiring their own reporters/beat writers and passing off what's essentially PR cheerleading as actual news.