• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest areas of concern against the Eagles?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Vick possibly out, this game is going to be tough for us to win. If you were game planning for them, what would you specifically practice in order to get ready for them this week?

Defense:
I think the niners have to be wary of the screen passes and covering McCoy out of the backfield. In the past the Niners have given up some huge plays to the 3 yard dump passes to the running backs, and that could kill us this weekend.

Offense:
It's obvious Hunter needs to get more reps, and I think using him as a 2nd Down back would be a nice change of pace for our offense. It would also give Gore some rest, as he looks completely out of it right now. Competition has been a huge motivating factor with Gore in the past, and I think this could be beneficially to everyone involved. If we don't get our run game back up to par this week, the Eagles secondary might completely control our passing game.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Babin and Jenkins are a little bit of a concern. They must be licking their chops while they watch the film on the 49ers O-Line.

Last edited by a moderator:

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Jackson speed

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the 49ers haven't beaten Philly since the Jeff Garcia era (unless I'm mistaken), any game against Philly is tough. They did play pretty well against Philly last year, but that was at home.

The 49er offensive line is my biggest worry on the offensive side. I'm also concerned that Smith will throw a costly INT or two in this one.

I'd agree that McCoy is a huge concern on the other side. He had a TD and about 140 yards of total offense against the 49ers last year. I'm also concerned that Jackson will burn the secondary deep a couple times as he seems to be due for a big game.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Cole vs Joe Staley

:hungry:

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The biggest concern should be playing in Philadelphia against an Eagles team that lost back to back games... The Eagles will be fired up for this game in order to keep in step with the NFC East division... They will not want to go 1-3. So, in essence this is sort of a must win game for the Eagles

Last edited by a moderator:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Offensively I think we need to take advantage of the Eagle's weak linebacking corps with play action and quick passes to Davis and Walker. That should keep them honest with the run game and than we can pound Gore inside and Hunter outside to keep them off balanced.

Defensively our front 7 is playing great and the Eagles offensive line doesn't figure to slow it down at all so I think we'll have to make sure we're discipline with our lanes to keep Vick properly contained and watch out for pressure killing plays like quick slants and screens that could break into big plays for the Eagles.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Davis gets some extra motivation from last year... If He was able to hold his own vs the DE(Law?), Smith would've completed the first down to Ginn/Morgan.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oline is and will be my biggest area of concern. It is far and away the weakest link on the team right now.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Offense: we still have to run some to start the game, we can't just abandon it and "go to a spread". if they stop our run game cold we'll lose anyway. the O-line can't do much but at least running will keep our mistakes down.

Defense: agree it starts with containing LeSean MCCoy, don't think we can stop him per se, but at least slow him. next, we can't allow the QB's to scramble out of the pocket, this is where Jackson will hurt MORE.

our pass defense can't stop everything so players will get their stats (such as Jackson), what we hope to do is prevent all their drives turning into TD's. we will need a bunch of turnovers from them if we hope to win.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants were able to stuff them on straight run plays at the goaline yesterday, our boys SHOULD be able to do the same and control the LOS.

McDonald and Smith need to break through relentlessly and keep Vick/Kafka sweating.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Giants were able to stuff them on straight run plays at the goaline yesterday, our boys SHOULD be able to do the same and control the LOS.

McDonald and Smith need to break through relentlessly and keep Vick/Kafka sweating.

that would be great!

i'm for stopping their run game first, then deal with their passing game. we already know our D won't stop their passing attack, so we shouldn't expect it. what we're hoping for is a few INT's and hold them to more field goals.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not being able to run against their 'Wide - 9' DL.