• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12/SEC Challenge

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some great basketball today. The SEC earned my respect. Much better basketball being played right now in that conference than I believed possible going into conference play. Some really improved teams.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Self is 200-9 at home while at Kansas: he has 11 Big12 Championships during that period.

If they lose at home, it's a rare thing. Could happen tonight...I'm looking for the refs to start with their usual 'Kansas at home' calls. But maybe it wont happen since it's Kentucky, and the whole world is watching?
You mean like 47 free throws for Kansas and 22 for Kentucky? I prefer let them play, hate ticky tack, really hate it when it's not called both ways. Shouldn't have mattered. Kansas has a great team, but I like where UK is headed. Half the team fouled out, Briscoe playing on one leg and shooting FT's like Shaq , taking them to OT on their court....we're gonna be a tough put come March

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like 47 free throws for Kansas and 22 for Kentucky? I prefer let them play, hate ticky tack, really hate it when it's not called both ways. Shouldn't have mattered. Kansas has a great team, but I like where UK is headed. Half the team fouled out, Briscoe playing on one leg and shooting FT's like Shaq , taking them to OT on their court....we're gonna be a tough put come March

Yes. Kansas shot 40+ FT and hit 49% of their 3s. UK had 3 guys foul out, Briscoe banged up, and shot even worse at FT line than Kansas and still almost pulled it out. Much different looking team than the one only a few weeks ago.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 wins challenge 7-3. Right about what I thought would happen(I had 8-2 in favor of the Big 12). Biggest takeaways:

LSU is now in BIG trouble to make the NCAAT.
Florida GREATLY helped themselves towards securing an NCAAT bid.
Big 12 is now w/out question the best conference in college basketball.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Kansas shot 40+ FT and hit 49% of their 3s. UK had 3 guys foul out, Briscoe banged up, and shot even worse at FT line than Kansas and still almost pulled it out. Much different looking team than the one only a few weeks ago.
They will be tough come March. Great PG, great scorer in Murray, plus defense. As much as I love Briscoe, he can't have the ball in his hands at the end of the game. Not much choice tonight with the foul trouble. I'm happy with their progress.
I will say, the Cats have an epic recruiting class coming in. Willis will be back, Lee is on the fence, Briscoe will go(should stay); but if Ulis(should go) comes back, we could be better than we were last year

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-3 Big 12

It wasn't as lopsided as some expected.
The SEC played hard and hung around with what appeared to be a Big 12 advantage on paper.

SEC basketball might be looking up.
It might be more than just Kentucky and a bunch of also-rans like the last few years.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 wins challenge 7-3. Right about what I thought would happen(I had 8-2 in favor of the Big 12). Biggest takeaways:

LSU is now in BIG trouble to make the NCAAT.
Florida GREATLY helped themselves towards securing an NCAAT bid.
Big 12 is now w/out question the best conference in college basketball.

Not really arguing against them being the best conference but idk how these unbalanced 10 games against probably the 5th best conference makes it "now without question".

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-3 Big 12

It wasn't as lopsided as some expected.
The SEC played hard and hung around with what appeared to be a Big 12 advantage on paper.

SEC basketball might be looking up.
It might be more than just Kentucky and a bunch of also-rans like the last few years.

I expect the SEC to be better next with the influx of talent that's coming in to some of the non-traditional schools like(Bama, Auburn, Mississippi State) UK, Florida and A&M should be better next year as well.

This year though the league just isn't that good. The league just performed really bad OOC this year. I can't see the league getting more than 4 bids this year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really arguing against them being the best conference but idk how these unbalanced 10 games against probably the 5th best conference makes it "now without question".

If the Big 12 would have gone something like 3-7 or 2-8, I would have certainly questioned whether or not they were the best conference.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Big 12 would have gone something like 3-7 or 2-8, I would have certainly questioned whether or not they were the best conference.

Ahh yeah I get what you were meaning.

I find the top 3 leagues pretty interchangeable with how inconsistent everyone is this year though.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell knew Florida could shoot 70% when they couldn't shoot half that the first 20 games??

I kinda figured when the thugs started stomping the Gator logo before the game and taunted the Gators leading to pushing and shoving. Kinda dumb to disrespect another team's home floor like that and not expect them to get worked up about.

I am all for talking trash and taunting.. but make sure you are going to compete and show up first else you look silly afterwards.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU and Kentucky blew it.. but they were great games.

I would skip he post-game interview with the OU player... was embarrassing he is in college. That is where you have to respect players like Ben Simmons and schools like Vandy / Duke, etc. where they always have players who have a firm grasp of the English language.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like where UK is headed to... they are only getting better.

I am super siked for next year... been watching our home town boy Malik Monk .. then hearing he will be in the back court with DeAaron Fox... that will be an electrifying back court next year.

Will be interesting if any players stay this year and what that means for them next year with so much talent coming in.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU and Kentucky blew it.. but they were great games.

I would skip he post-game interview with the OU player... was embarrassing he is in college. That is where you have to respect players like Ben Simmons and schools like Vandy / Duke, etc. where they always have players who have a firm grasp of the English language.
Lol at an SEC fan claiming players from other conferences aren't very bright.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at an SEC fan claiming players from other conferences aren't very bright.

Not sure I see the correlation. I am an SEC fan, who graduated from MIT, Northwestern, and Florida. And even my worst school in academic ranking (Florida) still outranks most other schools.

So nice try...as if being a fan of a conference means you are the conference. Unreal the lack of intelligence by people.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I see the correlation. I am an SEC fan, who graduated from MIT, Northwestern, and Florida. And even my worst school in academic ranking (Florida) still outranks most other schools.

So nice try...as if being a fan of a conference means you are the conference. Unreal the lack of intelligence by people.
I wasn't questioning your intelligence. I was implying that SEC student athletes aren't really known for being very bright.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the National College Rankings...

MIT #7, Northwestern #12

Vandy #15 Nationally.
Florida #47
Georgia #61
TAMU #70
Alabama #96
Auburn #102
Missouri #103 Tie
Tenn #103 Tie
Oklahoma #108 Tie
S. Carolina #108 Tie
Arizona #121

So if you think the SEC is a bunch of low class unintelligent people, what does that say about Arizona?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really did graduate from MIT you probably have the most impressive résumé on SportsHoopla.