• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better start tonight?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumgarner v. Ross or Wacha v. Gallardo?

Both guys have been a bit below par in their most recent outings, but I'm inclined to favor Bumgarner for two reasons: weaker opposing lineup for SD than Milwaukee; night game on West coast in pitchers park.

Thoughts?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go wacha, Only because of the strikeouts!!! I see them both giving up 4 runs tonight!!!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go wacha, Only because of the strikeouts!!! I see them both giving up 4 runs tonight!!!

Seems perfectly reasonable. I mean Wacha has recorded three more Ks than Bumgarner and SD is averaging 2.5 runs per game this year!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, if I had either one there would be no way either would be on my bench...Which is telling me that you have one and your opponent has the other...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, if I had either one there would be no way either would be on my bench...Which is telling me that you have one and your opponent has the other...

No, they are both on my fantasy team and I will start both of them, just like I have all year and, hopefully, will continue to do all season. Rather, my question is motivated by which to start in a Fan Duel contest.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no brainer Simon vs cubs:suds:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no brainer Simon vs cubs:suds:

I actually thought about him, since he eats up considerably less cap space. The two things I don't like about that, though, are that the Reds offense has been pretty anemic and Simon doesn't have very good K numbers, which are heavily rewarded on Fan Duel.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be willing to bet MadBum gets double digit K's tonight against the Pods. Brewers are a righty heavy lineup and will be less Segura and Braun, so both Bum and Wacha could easily have monster games.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be willing to bet MadBum gets double digit K's tonight against the Pods. Brewers are a righty heavy lineup and will be less Segura and Braun, so both Bum and Wacha could easily have monster games.

you sure Braun is out??

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My theory? Both pitchers will have above average games in K's, ERA, and WHIP, but my best guess is Wacha has the better shot at the win.

For only one reason, Ross DOMINATED the Giants just two starts ago. Now, some who are big believers of the offense having an advantage the second or third time they see a pitcher, will use that as evidence that Ross won't have a great game but, I'm not necessarily sold on that idea. My guess is that Ross matches Bummy, and the Cardinals offense has a better shot at beating Gallardo, than the Giants offense does at beating Ross.
Just my two cents.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gray was the choice looks like 9 ip 0 r 6 k W damn rain:suds:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, what's wrong with Bumgarner? Really only one good start all year, and it was a loss in Colorado. Do you guys think it's bad luck (high BABIP), or is there some underlying regression here that we're not seeing? He is still getting some K's, but if there was one thing I would have bet on MadBum coming into the season, it would have been a Low WHIP.

Kind of glad I do not own him anywhere this year, but I am wondering if I should try and "buy low" (even though I hate that term). Say, Cashner and a hitter? Or Bruce straight up?

Thoughts?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, what's wrong with Bumgarner? Really only one good start all year, and it was a loss in Colorado. Do you guys think it's bad luck (high BABIP), or is there some underlying regression here that we're not seeing? He is still getting some K's, but if there was one thing I would have bet on MadBum coming into the season, it would have been a Low WHIP.

Kind of glad I do not own him anywhere this year, but I am wondering if I should try and "buy low" (even though I hate that term). Say, Cashner and a hitter? Or Bruce straight up?

Thoughts?

Lst year there was something wrong with Cain, and it does not look like he is fully back... 2 years ago there was something wrong with lincecum, and he is still not where he was... Maybe SF just overuses there studs until they are just not studs anymore... Or maybe Bummy is just off to a bad start...

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonights any easy pick fernandez vs the free swinging braves:suds:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts?

He hasn't lost velocity, but he is struggling with command. Personally, I'm inclined to think that he turns it around and gets closer to what he's been the past four years. That's obviously not guaranteed, but I will probably continue to start him in each of his starts -- at least for a while -- including his next start, at Atlanta.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't lost velocity, but he is struggling with command. Personally, I'm inclined to think that he turns it around and gets closer to what he's been the past four years. That's obviously not guaranteed, but I will probably continue to start him in each of his starts -- at least for a while -- including his next start, at Atlanta.

This is right on the money. It is all about his command. I think (hope) he turns it around soon, but there is usually a mechanical issue to blame for command issues like this. Can he fix it ?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts?

Offering Cashner and a hitter or Bruce straight up would not really be buying low at all. In fact, Bruce was drafted before MadBum in just about every draft I did.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MadBum went in the 4th, I took Bruce in the 6th in my 15 team points league. Not gonna offer Bruce, but I have Yelich and Cashner up for him.