• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best TV Show of All Time: S

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seinfeld is the only one that really needs to be nominated IMO but I'll add in South Park, Simpsons, SNL and Star Trek TNG just for fun

Pretty sure tSimpson's is ahead right now.

I like all the characters in Seinfeld, except Seinfeld...whiny and annoying.

tSimpsons is the GOAT imo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure tSimpson's is ahead right now.

I like all the characters in Seinfeld, except Seinfeld...whiny and annoying.

tSimpsons is the GOAT imo

I loved the Simpsons for many years, my problem with it is that its gone on for far too long and hasn't been really funny in years. In fact, I find that once Family Guy got really popular, the new Simpsons episodes would mimick it, except that they didn't do it as well. My point is, the Simpsons have somewhat tarnished its legacy by continuing past its usefulness, whereas I feel like there's this mystique about Seinfeld, that it would be still be funny if they brought it back today

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the Simpsons for many years, my problem with it is that its gone on for far too long and hasn't been really funny in years. In fact, I find that once Family Guy got really popular, the new Simpsons episodes would mimick it, except that they didn't do it as well. My point is, the Simpsons have somewhat tarnished its legacy by continuing past its usefulness, whereas I feel like there's this mystique about Seinfeld, that it would be still be funny if they brought it back today
Did you see the last 2 seasons of Seinfeld? Some of the worst TV I remember. It was a good show, but it had to go when it did.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I respectfully disagree. I still find the Simpsons to be great.

And it's widely-known that everybody else has copied the Simpsons. Hell, Southpark even did an episode about it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree. I still find the Simpsons to be great.

And it's widely-known that everybody else has copied the Simpsons. Hell, Southpark even did an episode about it.

Oh no doubt about that, without the Simpsons there wouldn't be Family Guy or Bob's Burgers, etc BUT that's why I think its even more ridiculous that once the Simpsons had been passed by Family Guy it would try to emulate it rather than continue with what had made it great OR hang it up. Seinfeld did digress a little but later in its run but it went at the right time instead of hanging on like the Simpsons has IMO

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one was physically painful.

SNL (the quality isnt much, but it is such an influential show and has launch so many careers...)
Simpsons (I stopped years ago, but it is also incredibly influential)
South Park
ST:TOS
Soap

I cant believe I left ST:TNG, Scrubs, Survivor or Seinfeld off this list. But the 5 I named are some of the most influential shows ever made. And that has to count for something.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seinfeld, Seinfeld, Seinfeld. George was funny as hell to me.

"The sea was angry that day my friends, like a old man trying to send soup back at a deli...."

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Son of Anarchy
South Park
Seinfeld
Simpsons
Spartacus