• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Trade Deadline Ever?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 30 mins to go it looked like it was going to be a mediocre deadline with just a couple minor moves here and there..... then BOOM. All hell broke loose and WojBomb after WojBomb drove the entire universe into a craze.

I really can't remember a trade deadline that impacted the playoff race & structure of the NBA as much as this one did. KG and T.Prince get reunited w/ old teams, as many as 6 teams w/ new starting PG's, OKC & MIA reload, Portland adds depth, & many other minor deals. Just nuts. LOVE IT!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best? Not sure about but craziest? Heck yeah.

I just kept scrolling up twitter feed every 2 minutes while at work and seeing all the tweets from various NBA writers with all the trades going down.

The shocker to me was seeing Brandon Knight being traded from Milwaukee

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best? Not sure about but craziest? Heck yeah.

I just kept scrolling up twitter feed every 2 minutes while at work and seeing all the tweets from various NBA writers with all the trades going down.

Maybe not the best in terms of stars moving or anything, but I think it set the record for most players moved in one trade deadline by like 5 or 6 players. Can't remember the exact number, but yeah.

And Knight moving was a shock for sure, same with Thomas AFTER Goran was traded. Thought dealing Dragic kept him in PHX, but guess not. I'm more surprised that Lopez didn't get traded for the second straight trade deadline.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like Reggie Jackson in Detroit. Wonder what he can do as a full-time starter... he'll be playing for a contract the next couple months.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mine was the obvious one. MCW being traded. I know his jump shot is shit, but he's only20... Geez

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like Reggie Jackson in Detroit. Wonder what he can do as a full-time starter... he'll be playing for a contract the next couple months.
I don't watch much Pistons' basketball but how can this team suck that bad with that frontcourt?

Reggie Jackson is a poor mans Westbrook so maybe he can come in and change things.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy fun.....

Almost everyone involved got better or made changes that were necessary.

Minny wasn't gonna win anyway.

So, no shame in bringing back a Franchise great for his stretch run.

Philly? :crazy:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy fun.....

Almost everyone involved got better or made changes that were necessary.

Minny wasn't gonna win anyway.

So, no shame in bringing back a Franchise great for his stretch run.

Philly? :crazy:

Yeah, Minny is smart because they'll at least get ticket sales out of it and if KG retires after this year he can retire w/ the Twolves. If not, they at least get ticket sales and he can mentor their young guys.

Philly just gives no shits. If you thought their roster was garbage before, now it's absolute dog shit. They take the meaning of tank to a whole new level.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely some interesting deals. I'm particularly interested in OKC trading Jackson for Augustine. I thought that Jackson's style of play fit OKC's pretty well. Not as sure that Augustine's will, though he has played quite well since becoming the starter in Detroit.

No idea what Denver is trying to do. Had to bundle the first-round pick we got for Mozgove in order to get Philly take McGee off our hands. :gaah:

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Minny is smart because they'll at least get ticket sales out of it and if KG retires after this year he can retire w/ the Twolves. If not, they at least get ticket sales and he can mentor their young guys.

Philly just gives no shits. If you thought their roster was garbage before, now it's absolute dog shit. They take the meaning of tank to a whole new level.
Ummmmm, I already thought their roster was dogshit. Any worse would be? The Knicks?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm most excited about KG to Minnesota.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers I thought had a shot at a decent future in 2-3 years (to be competitive at least) now they just dismantled their young roster to make room for future young guys....what are they waiting for?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch much Pistons' basketball but how can this team suck that bad with that frontcourt?

Reggie Jackson is a poor mans Westbrook so maybe he can come in and change things.

Two words--Josh Smith. They have been a much better team since he has been gone. Still, Monroe is not great defensively, Singler was week defensively at the 3, and the rotations/help defense is only slowly getting better. I like the moves they made. Jackson will be better than Augusine at PG and Prince, though old, can score as much as Singler and be a much better defender and help with help defense.

It should make for an interesting offseason, seeing if they can keep Jackson and move Jennings or decide to keep Jennings. Can they keep Monroe? They are still in need of a SF who can play both ends.

PhillyJoker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers I thought had a shot at a decent future in 2-3 years (to be competitive at least) now they just dismantled their young roster to make room for future young guys....what are they waiting for?

The prevailing thought is the following:

- Only 3 players on the roster mattered. MCW, Embid, and Noel. The rest are garbage (maybe a bench role player or two at the most)
- The 3 point guards in the draft this year are all better than MCW (according to Hinkie/Scouts)
- Without MCW the Sixers are guaranteed one of the 3 point guards or Okafor
- IF they get Okafor, Noel and a pick can be packaged to possibly move up for one of the other PG's
- IF they do NOT get Okafor, they get a PG that is better than MCW
- Next years roster will have Embid, Noel, and (Okafor or a PG)
- The year after that will be a major FA year and the Sixers will have THE MOST money available of any team as of right now
- They have 6 1st round picks over the next 3 years for moves and or players

So it looks like they are stacking up either for a dream team in 2017 or having a good enough core to acquire a few perimeter players via trade/draft and start competing.

We'll see if it works.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Jackson's the guy that can push Detroit over the hump and into the East playoffs.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Jackson's the guy that can push Detroit over the hump and into the East playoffs.
He will have to stop throwing up when the game starts! Too funny