• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Team on Paper?

coltonjg98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys agree that this is the best seahawks team ever put on paper? better than the 05 SB team? After all, we are #1 in the power rankings. This is an amazing team on paper, it all depends on whether we can put it all together and win it all!

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, on paper, this is the best team the Seahawks have ever assembled.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent wise, it looks pretty good. Experience on the other hand is something this team lacks. Ask Hasselbeck how far his positive "take the ball and score" attitude took him. He learned and did get the team there, but it tooks some mistakes along the way.

I am not saying this team can't go and win it all this year. They certainly have the type of guys in place to do it. RW is incredibly poised and very rarely makes mistakes. The Defense is incredible and is a year or more ahead of the offense in terms of experience. I just think it is quite possible that this year, this team could fall short due to experience. Kind of like last season. Hopefully our new DC will not make the same mistakes and the new D-Line will get pressure, and oh yah, no injuries. Huge key to winning.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
On paper I would consider it a 1a and 1b with Seattle and SF.

Easily two of the most complete teams top to bottom in the league.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper I would consider it a 1a and 1b with Seattle and SF.

Easily two of the most complete teams top to bottom in the league.

I believe he was asking about just Seahawk teams of the past, like 2005.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it's the best roster the Seahawks have ever had, even if the new guys don't work out at all. Which I highly doubt.

I rank this team better then the 2005 team. Only time will tell, but that is my opinion.

caseycomb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the best team on paper that they've ever had....and not just on paper because we have seen what they did last year and we still have that same team as well as the pieces we have added to fortify our weaknesses....last year I said 9-7 would be the lowest we would finish, 11-5 the highest and I thought we would be 10-6....this year 10-6 the lowest and 14-2 the highest but I'm gonna say 12-4 as long as key players don't get lost for the season or extended amounts of time ie Russell Wilson mainly

Seattle Seahawks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key to the season is key players staying healthy. Like most teams we are only a few key injuries away from not making the playoffs.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries are key.
RW will be BIG and lead us ALL season.
RB Depth is huge, I say HUGE. and we have it.

Looking for the D to be aggressive, maybe give up some big plays, but make more plays in return. Exciting. Hated how our D responded in the last drive in Atl.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a typical Seattle fan I'll say this is easily the best team on paper, but... See the M's 2001. 116 wins and knocked out of the first round.

Easy to get excited for a team with high expectations, but I'm not ready to order SB tickets.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would even throw the Chuck Knox team out there. We had legends on that team. Great pass rush. Great backfield. They are pasted all over our ring of honor, deservedly. The only thing we lacked was an offensive line(Krieg ran for his life every play) and a decent playing field. That Kingdome killed us..I loved our defensive line! Curt Warner was our greatest RB, Steve Largent our greatest WR, Kenny Easley, Jacob Green, NORM JOHNSON lol I am such a homer.....GO HAWKS

demiurge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an outsider I'd say the 2005 team - that offensive line was dominant, with a fantastic FB in Mack Strong and Sean Alexander was a beast. Jones and Hutchinson were the best side in football, and one of the best of all time, up there with Shell and Upshaw. They were the highest scoring team in the league, and Hasselback enjoyed a strong year. The defense was tough against the run and chased down QBs well, enjoying a +20 sack differential. Tatupu came in and was a great leader right away, they had speed on the corners and a relentless pass rush.

The 2013 version is definitely going to be dangerous but even with all the great talent you guys brought in it will need to jell well to live up to that team. Personally I think it was the best team in the league that year - you guys got robbed with absolutely awful reffing in the Super Bowl.

dabisket08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that somewhat frightens me this year is how our regular season success will influence this young core.
Look at most of Peyton Manning's teams, great regular seasons, and out before the big game. As long as the core (RW, E.T., Sherman, Lynch, Wagner) can keep everyone's asses in line we have a good shot. We all know that we will see the 49ers 3 times this year if all goes well. How difficult is it to beat a team three times in one season? Ask the cowboys, while the Giants beat them in the playoffs the first year Eli took his ring.
Great team on paper, but they need to come out every week and earn it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this team better.
The 2005 OL was not that much better. The big diff is at LG-Hutch vs ?. Okung is not a huge dropoff from Walt (please note I said not a HUGE dropoff). Toebeck vs Unger...even, Grey/Locklear compare to Moffit/Giac.
Russ>Hass-sorry Hass, but I love ya anyway.
RBs fairly even: different styles and both have advantages.
Wr's: I will take the current crop including the TE's.
I will take the overall D on the current squad.
Brown>Haush at K

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, move over Homer but I would take this team over the '05.

I am a huge Hasselbeck fan but have been converted towards the smaller smart scrambler who can rush type QB on offense which calls for a re-consideration of offensive personnel (which, IMO, favors the current line-up).

I am more excited by the current D and enjoy the greater national respect that was missing overall in '05.

Osprey 1984

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch football games. All the great transactions don't mean squat until you actually start playing the season. The twists and turns, injuries, mistakes, miracles make the season fun. It's not Madden 13