• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best coaching jobs in the Pac-12

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona over UCLA? I don't know, UCLA has so much history, and it sure isn't hard finding recruits that want to attend school there.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona over UCLA? I don't know, UCLA has so much history, and it sure isn't hard finding recruits that want to attend school there.

If the list had UCLA #1 I wouldn't have been surprised. That said I am not surprised Arizona is #1 either. Arizona has solidified itself as the top program in the West and has arguably a better resume than UCLA over the past 30 years, with the strongest fan base by far in the conference. That combined with top notch facilities and Arizona has no problem bringing in elite recruits year after year. UCLA still struggles to sell tickets which is sad because they have a newly renovated arena and an exciting team.

UCLA fans always bring up the "there is so much to do in LA like go to the beach and watch Lakers games"

I'll tell you right now I would rather watch UCLA play than the Lakers this season.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Arizona #1? Nothing new here. Of course AZ should be number 1. The only time ucla sells out their arena is when the WILDCATS come to town. Who's led the PAC in attendance for the past 30 straight years? Arizona. Who's the one always at #3 in total revenue in the nation even in the down years? Arizona. UCLAs bball fan base only shows up when they're a top 10 team. I remember about 3years ago the ucba bball thread on espn only had 2 people onit all the time. Now I know an espn thread is not how you measure a fan base but dam. 2 people to AZs 50+. The clippers are more important to ucla fans then ucla. The la kings have even passed them up. Just imagine if an nfl team were to move down there. AZ should be number 1 and it shouldn't even be close. O yea I almost forgot, who gets all of LAs top recruits? ARIZONA!

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for a basketball school, LOL at your last NC 1997

for a football school, LOL at your last RB 1987
1987 (26 years) > 1997 (16 years ago)
for a baseball school, LOL at your last NC 1981
33 years > 2 years

BTW how does it feel to be losing the all time series in football to a basketball school? LOL
How about the baseball all time series? LOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...............................you see, I can do that to. LOL

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for a football school, LOL at your last RB 1987
1987 (26 years) > 1997 (16 years ago)
for a baseball school, LOL at your last NC 1981
33 years > 2 years

BTW how does it feel to be losing the all time series in football to a basketball school? LOL
How about the baseball all time series? LOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...............................you see, I can do that to. LOL

You also laugh a whole bunch!. Nice comeback! You can also add :)
No offense Gato you know the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the list had UCLA #1 I wouldn't have been surprised. That said I am not surprised Arizona is #1 either. Arizona has solidified itself as the top program in the West and has arguably a better resume than UCLA over the past 30 years, with the strongest fan base by far in the conference. That combined with top notch facilities and Arizona has no problem bringing in elite recruits year after year. UCLA still struggles to sell tickets which is sad because they have a newly renovated arena and an exciting team.

UCLA fans always bring up the "there is so much to do in LA like go to the beach and watch Lakers games"

I'll tell you right now I would rather watch UCLA play than the Lakers this season.

Besides that run of Final Four appearances UCLA had a few years ago.

All in all, good post, I agree. No doubt, Zona has established themselves.

By the way, as for that "we have better things to do", that's all bullshit, and a cop out.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people massively over-estimate the power of "Tradition" when it comes to recruiting if the program hasn't been elite since the kids they are trying to recruit were born. Notre Dame football no longer fields an elite football team and hasn't on any consistent basis since I can remember and nobody talks about them as one of the best, but they constantly trumpet their "rich tradition."

Does it factor in? I'm sure with some kids (or their parents) it does, but a winning tradition in recent memory has more pull.

So Arizona being #1? It's kind of a no-brainer.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is one of the reasons why Arizona is the best job in the Pac 12. This thing is HUGE!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 33