• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Besides a resounding win

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think is the most important thing to see out of tonight's game, win or lose? For me it's just seeing Kaepernick progress in how he reads defenses and responds to teams taking away the deep ball. I would almost rather a 28-27 loss and have that happen because of what it means for the future, than an ugly 13-10 win where he didn't do very well, ALMOST.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Most Important part of this game is our secondary vs their WRs.

Pretty certain the 49ers will win this game by 9 or more points

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Most Important part of this game is our secondary vs their WRs.

Pretty certain the 49ers will win this game by 9 or more points

Not worried about their TEs? Welker is the obvious concern for me, but I'm worried generally. Wish I were as confident as you are.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worried about their TEs? Welker is the obvious concern for me, but I'm worried generally. Wish I were as confident as you are.

I'm worried too, between the team, the venue, and time of year I think it will be tough to win. Impossible? No, but still. I think that's why my original question was -- putting the win or loss aside, what do you most want to see out of this game? For example, whether we win or lose, do you want to see the defense be able to handle Brady and maybe it's a low scoring slugfest we lose? Or do you want to see Kaepernick do really well against the Patriots defense and we lose a shootout?

My preference is that Kaepernick shows notable progress in reading defenses, getting to his secondary receivers etc., almost regardless of the outcome.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has one of best hat-on-a-hat O'lines in the business - If we don't get to Brady, it won't matter how many we play deep or how many we put on the board, Brady will still pick us apart and beat us. To me the #1 and perhaps the only key to this game will be pressure on Brady.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The way I'm looking at it: Hernandez is a WR and Gronk is out.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is a little different, it wasn't what are the keys to the game, it's what sign of progress do you want to see out of the team heading into the playoffs and remaining two games, regardless of what happens in the game.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is a little different, it wasn't what are the keys to the game, it's what sign of progress do you want to see out of the team heading into the playoffs and remaining two games, regardless of what happens in the game.

Our O'line is looking tired so I would like to see our front five play with a little more purpose; and, of course, I want to see Kap "handle the moment" with mature thinking and good decision making. I also want to see better play clock management from Kap.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think is the most important thing to see out of tonight's game, win or lose? For me it's just seeing Kaepernick progress in how he reads defenses and responds to teams taking away the deep ball. I would almost rather a 28-27 loss and have that happen because of what it means for the future, than an ugly 13-10 win where he didn't do very well, ALMOST.

Even an ugly win is teaching him how to WIN. In the NFL there are going to be games that you don't have your best, still being able to eek out a win is what is the most important lesson. If we lose, we might lose a first round bye. We need to hope Kaep learns about winning, for now and for the future.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to see the penalty's cleaned up and Kaep managing the game well, getting the plays off on time enough of these bs timeouts in the first quarter. That and the Refs calling a fair game but I doubt that happens :/

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to see the penalty's cleaned up and Kaep managing the game well, getting the plays off on time enough of these bs timeouts in the first quarter. That and the Refs calling a fair game but I doubt that happens :/

This.

Will the refs ever call a fair game vs SF? Last few games have been making me :sadbron:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First pressure on Brady will be called a late hit.

LMAO!!!! That! is so true! We'll need to get permission from the refs before we hit him - Haha!

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First pressure on Brady will be called a late hit.

What has REALLY bothered me this year is that I've seen defenders hit our QBs in the helmet in multiple games but don't remember it being called even once.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a big test not only for kap, but for roman as well...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They won't win without a couple of defensive scores. I just want to see Kaepernick make some progress in learning to read defenses and staying calm in the pocket. But to your point, I'll take the 13 -10 win and have our QB look like shit. This win will clinch the division.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't win without a couple of defensive scores. I just want to see Kaepernick make some progress in learning to read defenses and staying calm in the pocket. But to your point, I'll take the 13 -10 win and have our QB look like shit. This win will clinch the division.

We'll need some TO's for sure.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll need some TO's for sure.

I think the defense needs to score. Our offense has been terrible the last 3 games and the play calling isn't helping. Wihtout Manningham, Kaepernick will struggle again. The entire key is relentless pressure on the quarterback. That's how the Giants beat the Pats in the last two Super Bowls they played.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the defense needs to score. Our offense has been terrible the last 3 games and the play calling isn't helping. Wihtout Manningham, Kaepernick will struggle again. The entire key is relentless pressure on the quarterback. That's how the Giants beat the Pats in the last two Super Bowls they played.

That was close