• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bengals post game

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Haskins but I still think Keenum starts game 1. This isnt an RG3 and Cousins situation where you have a player obviously better than the number two pick overall and a pressure from the owner to start him. Im guessing Gruden knows he needs to get to the playoffs and im guessing Snyder is letting him decide who starts. I think Gruden goes with the more experienced player in this case. However, will see next game when Keenum plays at least a full half. If he tosses a couple picks and has 80 yards total than Gruden might just say ef it and take his chances on the rookie catching fire like RG3. Will see.
I agree. But I bet Gruden has a short leash. IF Colt/Keenum aren't getting it done, Pressure will be on Gruden to play Haskins by both the FO and the fans.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but the FO never thought he was good enough and always had to see more and I trust their opinion when it comes to evaluating talent. Even though he always moved the ball and had "you like that" moments and was continually getting better the FO didn't think he was good enough to play for their championship caliber team and let him go.... and that was alright with me.. cuz again,, trust is Allens middle name.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum: "I felt like we got some rhythm."

I think the reporter must have left out the later part of his quote "for going 3 and out!"

Yep but NP. Keenum is learning the system & Haskins is in a learning mode & that may be the case for most of the season (if he plays a significant amt). I sure hope that fans are not drawing conclusions after a few preseason games with a shaky line & lots of skill players not on the field. I have no idea how Haskins or the Skins O will fare this season, but we need to give this a lot more time (& it may not always be pretty - part of what likely is a rebuilding offense that needs more talent over the next few offseasons).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but the FO never thought he was good enough and always had to see more and I trust their opinion when it comes to evaluating talent. Even though he always moved the ball and had "you like that" moments and was continually getting better the FO didn't think he was good enough to play for their championship caliber team and let him go.... and that was alright with me.. cuz again,, trust is Allens middle name.

I sure hope that folks let this go at least by the middle/end of this season. Perhaps the Skins made a mistake in letting Cousins go. Doesn't matter - he is no longer on the team. Move on.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope that folks let this go at least by the middle/end of this season. Perhaps the Skins made a mistake in letting Cousins go. Doesn't matter - he is no longer on the team. Move on.

I know you don't want people to discuss this but that is not going to happen. It is like a train wreck. You watched it happening, saw it happen and still remember seeing it. Want it to stop? It will happen when the team gets a QB equal to or better than the guy they didn't want.

I just can't help but find it funny that folks are so forgiving of Haskins when they tore Cousin's up for throwing picks etc. :noidea:That said, I am pulling for the kid … just like Kirk I think he needs some time to develop. At least he doesn't have a guy in front of him that the owner wanted to see play more than the guy who was better.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you don't want people to discuss this but that is not going to happen. It is like a train wreck. You watched it happening, saw it happen and still remember seeing it. Want it to stop? It will happen when the team gets a QB equal to or better than the guy they didn't want.

I just can't help but find it funny that folks are so forgiving of Haskins when they tore Cousin's up for throwing picks etc. :noidea:That said, I am pulling for the kid … just like Kirk I think he needs some time to develop. At least he doesn't have a guy in front of him that the owner wanted to see play more than the guy who was better.

i hold this same position . now i will concede the kid can and will improve , but it goes back to ABC at the end of the day not any real football evaluations by fans

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not down on Haskin's. He has made some throws I love. With the way the salary cap works they can't sit Haskin's more than a year. You want him to get up to speed and play at the lower contract for a few years. My thinking is let Keenum start until the middle of the season then bring Haskin's in unless the Skins are in playoff position. Whenever he starts you know defenses are going to do all they can to try and confuse him. I think he is smart and his seems very cool under pressure.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not down on Haskin's. He has made some throws I love. With the way the salary cap works they can't sit Haskin's more than a year. You want him to get up to speed and play at the lower contract for a few years. My thinking is let Keenum start until the middle of the season then bring Haskin's in unless the Skins are in playoff position. Whenever he starts you know defenses are going to do all they can to try and confuse him. I think he is smart and his seems very cool under pressure.
I have similar thoughts. But inserting Haskins too soon can be risky. Especially if our RT and RG are garbage bags. Many a good young QBs have been broken permanently but being tossed into the Lions den on their own. But my bet is that he may be starting by game six. If we lose 4 or five right out of the gate, Gruden will be willing to do anything to save his job.