• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals at Bills preseason game #3

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals had more sack yards (5 sacks for 39 yards) than Allen has passing yards (6/12 for 34 yards).

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tra Carson with a very impressive catch on a hard thrown ball. Did a great job getting open coming out of the backfield.

Then Erickson takes an absolutely CRUSHING hit and holds onto the ball. All this guy does is make plays.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buff finally scores with their backups against Bengals backups when Kevieara (sp?) Russel absolutely whiffes on a tackle attempt.

The full fledged backups do not inspire. Phillips, meh. Russel is not good. The DE's still looks OK, but DT will have a massive drop off after Atkins and Billings. They were just manhandled up front.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate with his first big mistake of the pre-season. Wasn't even looking for the ball coming out of his cut, ad leads to an INT returned for good yardage. Ball wasn't perfect, but it was 100% catchable. Then he tracked the returner down, and whiffed from behind on a tackle attempt.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, bills still running first team OL and others out there with Peterman.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Backups getting a little bit roasted right now. Too bad Pacman signed with the Broncos today.

Think Chris Crocker has anything left in the tank?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys who may need to purchase their own plane ticket home:

Goodwin and Carter.

Goodwin has been abused at CB and Carter, wide open on a 3rd down pass, would have gone for huge yardage, simply pulled a Ross and tried to catch the ball with his body and watched it bounce off him.

Although, I guess we'll need these guys next week since not a single guy worth his salt should be playing against Indy......

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was able to watch a little while working around the house (yeah national telecast!).... I'm with you guys - The D looks legit while the run game looks as lost as last season. I just don't think they have very good run blockers on the roster. Their 3 best were Whit, Tits (when healthy and motivated) and Zeitler. They all sailed.

Ross is a trick-or-treat kind of guy. I could easily see him making 50-60 yard touchdowns the way he did early today. His speed can't be replicated in practice. He blew by those guys. But he doesn't look comfortable catching the football. Looks like a track-star playing receiver.

I'm bullish on the D.... Atkins and Dunlap are in contract years. The players seem to be playing a little more aggressive to the ball. That said, I think Josh Allen is not even close to an NFL quarterback. He probably contributed to the domination.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills are not a good football team. Josh Allen looked totally lost. A lot of those sacks came from holding the ball way too long. That offensive line is a total mess. Geno, Lawson, Billings, Willis and pretty much everyone they lined up against them kicked ass. I don’t expect every game to look like that.

However, the defensive line does have the potential to be very good. We already know how good Geno and Dunlap are. I’m intrigued by Billings performance. They might have finally found an answer at NT. I like what I’ve seen from Willis as well.

As others have stated, Lawson is an animal. Might be the first legitimate superstar edge rusher the Bengals have had...maybe ever? Could easily challenge for the league lead in sacks.

As for the offense, the pass protection does appear to be better. I’d imagine having an actual NFL starter at LT has made a big difference. Better cross our fingers and toes that Glenn stays healthy. He already got dinged up yesterday. The running game is total dung...they have to find someone who can get some push up front. Mixon and Gio are too good to be losing 2 yards every carry. As good as the passing game looks, they have to find balance. It’s gonna be a long season if the defense can tell what’s coming.

John Ross made a splash play finally. It’s crazy how much potential the guy has in spurts. But just hasn’t put it together yet. The fundamentals of playing WR still elude him (you know...catching the ball and running routes) Still, having him on the field adds a wrinkle as DC’s have to account for his cheetah speed.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised yesterday to read Paul Dehner saying on twitter that the deep pass to Ross was a good representation of what they have been seeing at camp this summer. I had to read it a few times to make sure it meant what I thought (specifically that he was referring to Ross).... But, is it true that Ross has done good things in camp? This (pleasantly) surprises me. Dehner doesn't really blow smoke, so I suppose this is a good sign. To me he basically looks like an uber fast guy that has no idea what he's doing.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the Bills.... I feel bad for their fans. They waited forever for a playoff appearance and now they're going right back to the basement. That line is awful - We knew it would be when they lost their center to retirement, but damn is it bad. And Josh Allen is easily the most likely to be a bust in this qb class.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never been a fan of running into the pile....waste of downs. love to see stats on how effective that is