• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bell says he will rush for 1200 yards

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I appear to be alone on this one but I think he will get 1000+. I think the line will be good and I think Bell is decent enough to run behind them, I think the offense will be good and Bell is decent enough to benefit from that.

I can see him getting 1000+ if Ameer is hurt for most of the season. IMO Ameer takes over for the bulk of the work load early, as in by game 4 if he's healthy.

Now why saying this, it seemed all too much that Lombardi never stuck with the hot hand last year. So as I said earlier in the thread. I can see a good rushing offense. Just that nobody breaks 1200 of the tandem.

I could see Bell's role diminishing to a short yardage guy by mid season.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dumbest things I've ever read on the Lions hoop board ;)

now where's my damn trophy ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
So you don't think the offense and/or the offensive line will be good next year, and you don't think Bell can get 140 more yards? That's the dumbest thing you've read on here? LOL we will see. Whats the wager?

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see him getting 1000+ if Ameer is hurt for most of the season. IMO Ameer takes over for the bulk of the work load early, as in by game 4 if he's healthy.

Now why saying this, it seemed all too much that Lombardi never stuck with the hot hand last year. So as I said earlier in the thread. I can see a good rushing offense. Just that nobody breaks 1200 of the tandem.

I could see Bell's role diminishing to a short yardage guy by mid season.
I don't believe Abdullah has the size yet to carry the load. Bell at 30 pounds heavier will be the workhorse, and AA with his abilities will be the change of pace big play guy. I think there may be some games where AA takes over but I think Bell for the year will get much more than 50%, health permitting of course.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bell stays healthy and stops fumbling, the sky is the limit. That's hard to type without laughing.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think the offense and/or the offensive line will be good next year, and you don't think Bell can get 140 more yards?

I hope the Offense puts up better production in 2015 than 2014 but I'm not holding my breath on that.

I'll take the wait and see approach regarding the Offensive Line for the mere fact that first year starters Swanson and Tomlinson will more than likely need time to jell and will probably have some ups and downs throughout the year. Lucas needs to improve if he's going to man RT and Warford needs to return to at least what he showed in his rookie campaign and hopefully much better. So, in essence I have hope that the OL is good this upcoming year but there are way too many variables to lay down in writing and I'm not going ALL BigLar on this subject at the moment.

Bell having 1200 is possible barring any injuries to himself. I'm just not buying into that projection for the time being.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay Bell. Either back it up, or you're just another douche running your head.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Offense puts up better production in 2015 than 2014 but I'm not holding my breath on that.

I'll take the wait and see approach regarding the Offensive Line for the mere fact that first year starters Swanson and Tomlinson will more than likely need time to jell and will probably have some ups and downs throughout the year. Lucas needs to improve if he's going to man RT and Warford needs to return to at least what he showed in his rookie campaign and hopefully much better. So, in essence I have hope that the OL is good this upcoming year but there are way too many variables to lay down in writing and I'm not going ALL BigLar on this subject at the moment.

Bell having 1200 is possible barring any injuries to himself. I'm just not buying into that projection for the time being.
I believe barring injury there is no doubt they will be much better. Rt is a little iffy, I'd like to see Waddle back in that spot. Regardless we haven't had an interior line like this ever in my lifetime. 3rd and short has been our mortal enemy. That changes this year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd and short has been our mortal enemy.

yep, it has been.
AND
Bell needs to improve his running ability in those instances also. You can't always blame the OL for negative yardage or limited gains that come up short. IMO, Bell needs to have better anticipation/vision in those situations and needs to improve on change of direction when the designed gap to run at closes. I just don't see a consistent burst or explosiveness from him. When he's in open space it's a little different.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"According to the Lions' website, the team envisions Joique Bell and rookie Ameer Abdullah as a "one-two punch."

The Lions hope SPARQ superstar Abdullah can "bring the big play back to the rushing attack," while Bell grinds between the tackles. Unless Joique's Achilles' and knee-surgery recoveries progress slower than expected, Abdullah fantasy drafters can't expect the second-round pick to open the year as Detroit's lead runner. Bell should also be locked in as the Lions' goal-line back."

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, it has been.
AND
Bell needs to improve his running ability in those instances also. You can't always blame the OL for negative yardage or limited gains that come up short. IMO, Bell needs to have better anticipation/vision in those situations and needs to improve on change of direction when the designed gap to run at closes. I just don't see a consistent burst or explosiveness from him. When he's in open space it's a little different.
The Contrarian - How Much is a RB Forced Missed Tackle Worth? | ProFootballFocus.com

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We feel good about where he is, what he’s done, the ability he has," coach Jim Caldwell said of Abdullah. "The evaluation process continues."

Shouldn't the evaluation process been done BEFORE spending a top 60 draft pick on the kid?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't the evaluation process been done BEFORE spending a top 60 draft pick on the kid?

that was the intital evaluation process

"We feel good about where he is, what he’s done, the ability he has," coach Jim Caldwell said of Abdullah. "The evaluation process continues."

this will be an ongoing process just as much as any other player, newly drafted or not.

do you not think that the majority of players are undergoing an evaluation throughtout training camp, practices, during or after games ?

unless you're Suh, then there was no need for any further evaluation after being drafted.
wait, Suh had his very own evaluation of the team and the team lost out.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this will be an ongoing process just as much as any other player, newly drafted or not.

Where do you think CJ's evaluation process is at now? At what point does it end? Does he need to make a pro bowl? Rush for a 1000 yards? Have 300 career rushes?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you think CJ's evaluation process is at now? At what point does it end? Does he need to make a pro bowl? Rush for a 1000 yards? Have 300 career rushes?

:pound:

yeah, you got me there. touche'

should I have stated, players like CJ, Stafford, Suh, Quin, need not be evaluated ? probably so.

you have to admit that players like A.A., Lucas, Swanson, Tomlinson, Waddle, Fuller, Jones or other similar players, should be constantly evaluated until they've proven worthy of earning/keeping a starters position.

But I get where you're coming from