• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Belgium

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any tips for Belgium? I'm probably going to be going in September. I like beer and exploring...

I haven't mapped out my trip 100% yet, but I'll be flying into Brussels, visiting Antwerp, Bruges, and Westvleteren.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any tips for Belgium? I'm probably going to be going in September. I like beer and exploring...

I haven't mapped out my trip 100% yet, but I'll be flying into Brussels, visiting Antwerp, Bruges, and Westvleteren.

Might as well do some window shopping in nearby Amsterdam.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well do some window shopping in nearby Amsterdam.
If I have time, yes.

Belgium shit, though.. Bring it.

Also, just realized the cat influence on life

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was there about 15 years ago or so...Ghent was pretty cool and Bruges is a definite must. You say like beer, well, when we there (Bruges that is) when we ate a little cafe and I had beer that is still one of the best I've ever had. Sorry, I can't for the life of me remember the name of it though. But according to the waiter it was a local brew that was so local you couldn't even get it in Brussels which is only about an hour away.

Brussels itself wasn't all that great. About the most popular thing there is the little boy peeing statue in the main square. somewhat funny though, being in Belgium we decided to buy a "Belgian" waffle off some street vendor. and though it was rather plain, while eating we just both kinda looked at each and said damn, this really is one of the best waffles I've ever had.

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was there about 15 years ago or so...Ghent was pretty cool and Bruges is a definite must. You say like beer, well, when we there (Bruges that is) when we ate a little cafe and I had beer that is still one of the best I've ever had. Sorry, I can't for the life of me remember the name of it though. But according to the waiter it was a local brew that was so local you couldn't even get it in Brussels which is only about an hour away.

Brussels itself wasn't all that great. About the most popular thing there is the little boy peeing statue in the main square. somewhat funny though, being in Belgium we decided to buy a "Belgian" waffle off some street vendor. and though it was rather plain, while eating we just both kinda looked at each and said damn, this really is one of the best waffles I've ever had.
Hmm... Maybe I'll just spend one full day in Brussels, and shift my time elsewhere.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I have time, yes.

Belgium shit, though.. Bring it.

Also, just realized the cat influence on life
Also, don't remember this post... Fucking beer and coke, haha... Woke up with eggs in a vase, and beer spilt all over the floor.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, reviving this. Flying into Amsterdam on the 20th, and out on the 29th. Trying to map out my route. I want to end in Amsterdam for at least one night. I want to try to get to Westvleteren Brewery to try to get some beer. Definitely spending at least a whole day in Bruges.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tentative plans - Train to Antwerp for one night, then head to Bruges for 3 nights. I'll explore Bruges as well as take some day trips out of there, rather than hop around. Then Brussels for 3 nights. Again, day trips out of Brussels. Then back up to Amsterdam for two nights before flying out Tuesday.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finished booking the actual travel portion...from everything I read up on, it sounded like 2 nights was plenty in Brussels, so I ended up doing 3 in Amsterdam instead. AirBNB in Amsterdam and Antwerp, Hostels in Bruges and Brussels.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finished booking the actual travel portion...from everything I read up on, it sounded like 2 nights was plenty in Brussels, so I ended up doing 3 in Amsterdam instead. AirBNB in Amsterdam and Antwerp, Hostels in Bruges and Brussels.

If you're really on the move...2 nights in most cities is plenty....sounds like a great time.

Enjoy!

Reactions: gob