• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beast mode to report within next 24 hours per shefty

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...the hawks are one of the few teams that consider a pre-season game a true competition. Me, I dont expect much from it. But for the record, I have no fear seeing the Bronco's face the Weehawks again. I especially look forward to the day when the hawks play without the advantage of steroids/aderall. I think Pete himself is on a little something don't ya think ? I mean besides prune juice.

Salty.... Bitter sweet Saltiness...

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. i honestly thought I posted this on the hawks board. I was busy with trade deadline fever and actual work....oops. well its not like this turned into a troll fest or anything.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok let me try to break this down one more time for you see if we can understand this. Essentially you are agreeing that some of the money that was supposed to be in the base salary next year has been added to this year. That is new money in the sense that almost all know Lynch is cut after this year so there was no way he was going to see that money. Base Salary is not guaranteed unless you are on the actual roster. So how is that not new money? I guess if he is on the team next year then I would agree that is not new money but pretty much everybody knows what he earns this year is it with the Seahawks.

Also with his 1,500 yards rushing needed for another $500,000. He has done that once in his career and the way it is looking this year he is expected to get less carries than in the last few years. So the idea of him attaining that goal is pretty slim (about a 12% chance he would have gotten it). Throw in he has only had 2 seasons (the last 2) in which he played in all 16 games so even that $500,000 was far from being guaranteed (he has played 16 games 2 of the 8 years in the league so 25% he would have gotten this one). So for him this was playing the odds and realizing there was a good chance he was going to miss out on that $1.5 million extra if he didn't make it guaranteed money for this year.

Throw in you have to think any money spent this year is less money next year for signings. This is why teams love to have a little carry over money heading into the next season and most likely this is $1.5 million less for the Seahawks than what they would have had. Not terrible really considering the level of player you are getting for the year but it is money that could hurt. Now if he plays all 16 games and rushes for over 1,500 yards then really this was a great deal as you got a quality player by really only adding $500,000 in actual "new" money for this past season but if he doesn't then tack on another $1 million that this deal cost the team. Again not a big deal in the grand scheme of things as it is just 1/140th of the cap for next year most likely.

More blathering.

It isn't new money. It just isn't. They reworked money in an existing contract. There is nothing more to be said than that.

He has the same contract he had last week with language and money moved around. That doesn't make it 'new' money.

Why must some of you insist on creating 5 page diatribes over what amounts to the most trivial of things? :L

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More blathering.

It isn't new money. It just isn't. They reworked money in an existing contract. There is nothing more to be said than that.

He has the same contract he had last week with language and money moved around. That doesn't make it 'new' money.

Why must some of you insist on creating 5 page diatribes over what amounts to the most trivial of things? :L

Well couldn't the same be said of you continuing to respond to anybody that writes anything about the Seahawks on the general board?

Also so how then did his salary for this year go from $5 million with $1 million in bonus incentives then go to $6.5 million for this year if there is no new money? Yes the money is coming from the next season in his contract for part of it but we all know the next season is not happening for him in Seattle. Throw in the incentive part now being guaranteed means this newer version of his contract could give him $1.5 million that he never would have had otherwise. No matter what he has $500,000 that he never would have gotten this season and obviously we know he wouldn't have gotten next season.

I mean you are right these are just little details but you are acting like he got nothing out of this and the team completely won in this hold out with him. Both sides gave a little to meet in the middle. Lynch gets more money but not a lot while the team gets a top player back in for training camp.

Here is a good article I would recommend you reading...

Marshawn Lynch Reworks Contract with Seahawks - Over the Cap

Here is the main part of the article though that essentially says both of us are somewhat correct in this situation. The language of how they have done this makes it to where the team can say as you say that there is no new money even though there really is...

"While it is being widely reported (and is technically true) that this deal means no new money for Lynch, from a practical standpoint this is an additional $1 million for the player. The $500,000 incentive was only going to be earned if Lynch ran for 1,500 yards in 2014, something Lynch has only done once in his career. Considering his workload is expected to be reduced the odds of earning that incentive was next to nothing. It is now part of his base pay. Lynch should still be scheduled to earn $7 million next year at an $8.5 million cap charge, which is not a safe spot for any aging running back to be. Lynch is still a strong candidate for release in 2015 so any money being moved from that season to this one is effectively a raise for him.
So he gained something with the hold out, a fact that may not make many NFL owners and General Managers very happy."

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't it be said for me? Because I'm not creating 1000 word posts on a trivial matter. You?

It isn't new money. Technically or not, it isn't. It is shifted around money at best.

I never claimed Lynch didn't get anything out of it. Read what I said on the Seahawks board about it.

All I did was clear up the incorrect wording by you and your fellow bronco fan. For some reason this issue has become something major for you. As is everything else Seahawk.

Continue with more diatribes if it please you, but the issue is quite dead.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't it be said for me? Because I'm not creating 1000 word posts on a trivial matter. You?

It isn't new money. Technically or not, it isn't. It is shifted around money at best.

I never claimed Lynch didn't get anything out of it. Read what I said on the Seahawks board about it.

All I did was clear up the incorrect wording by you and your fellow bronco fan. For some reason this issue has become something major for you. As is everything else Seahawk.

Continue with more diatribes if it please you, but the issue is quite dead.

Haha keep dreaming that this is major for me. I could care less. It is less money this year and next for the Seahawks so that is fun. And my long answers are because 1) cap issues and contracts are complicated and 2) I type long answers for everything. The Seahawks are not special in that way...sorry I just type a lot. I am a story teller so everything is longer than it needs to be.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha keep dreaming that this is major for me. I could care less. It is less money this year and next for the Seahawks so that is fun. And my long answers are because 1) cap issues and contracts are complicated and 2) I type long answers for everything. The Seahawks are not special in that way...sorry I just type a lot. I am a story teller so everything is longer than it needs to be.
I would love to read any of your posts if I had the time. It seems like you have something to say. I won't know what it is because I don't want to bother to read it but have have fun posting.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to read any of your posts if I had the time. It seems like you have something to say. I won't know what it is because I don't want to bother to read it but have have fun posting.

I apologize. I should work on shortening my posts. My job requires me to go into great detail on matters and it carries over to my posting.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the internet anthem

I might read half or every other paragraph

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn Lynch of Seattle Seahawks wanted $5 million more this season - ESPN

A few things out in this story that should help some of you that are lost on this situation.

Lynch was offered this very same deal in May when he threatened to hold out from mini camp.
He is said to have wanted $5m more this year than his current base salary and was holding out for that.
The Seahawks told him if he did not report by Friday they would fully enforce the penalties for missing camp.

So the Seahawks simply gave him the same exact offer that was already on the table before he held out. And it was Lynch that blinked and caved in as the Seahawks held fast to their prior offer and wouldn't budge.

As for his contract, no money was added to Lynch's four-year, $30 million deal, which has two years remaining. His base salary this season was increased by $1 million by moving incentives to guaranteed money -- $500,000 in pregame roster bonuses and $500,000 if he rushes for 1,500 yards. The Seahawks also moved $500,000 of his 2015 base salary to this season.

He basically wanted all of his 2015 salary ($5.5 million) up front in 2014, something the Seahawks had no intention of giving him.

Now the question really is how upset is Lynch over the team basically bullying him into returning? Will it impact his relationship with the team/coaches or have any impact on his play. That is something open to debate and scrutiny, the question of the team caving in no longer is.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz, many in these forums love to jump on anything Seahawks that they can. It is because Seattle wrecked their dreams or they just hate any team success that they do not root for. Not all are of this ilk though.
Luckily, the team has been pretty clean over the last year. Right now all they can create is a misread on a PC statement, or some have reacted to the ML situation as if the team rolled over giving a 3 year $30M w/$19M guaranteed.
Comical isn't it?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why they are sick of us, just not why they don't understand it is inevitable. Had it been the Browns that won it all last year they'd be bitching about Cleveland fans in the same way.

I wish they were right and the team did cave in a little. I was much happier thinking Lynch was feeling at least he got a little something out of it than knowing he didn't get anything and now might be a bit ticked off.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So fans of other teams come on a thread on the general forum that is about the Seahawks and talk about the Seahawks so all of a sudden we are obsessed with the Seahawks? A national news story about one of the biggest names in football is holding out and we cannot talk about it because that makes us haters?

I think you guys keep hoping we are all as obsessed with your team as you are. It is still the off season and this was one of the bigger news stories of the last week. Ridiculous that if we try talking about it that we are all immediately labeled haters.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So fans of other teams come on a thread on the general forum that is about the Seahawks and talk about the Seahawks so all of a sudden we are obsessed with the Seahawks? A national news story about one of the biggest names in football is holding out and we cannot talk about it because that makes us haters?

I think you guys keep hoping we are all as obsessed with your team as you are. It is still the off season and this was one of the bigger news stories of the last week. Ridiculous that if we try talking about it that we are all immediately labeled haters.

Not long ago you said I used to engage in real discussions and lately I had only been in these pissing matches. Time to look in the mirror. All I see from you anymore is pissing with people for page after page.

This thread could turn into a discussion about whether or not Lynch feels disrespected and if it has any impact on his season. It could ask whether or not the Seahawks might have been better off giving him an extension of some sort.

Either way it doesn't have to be another 10 pages of pissing. I challenge you to be more than that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not long ago you said I used to engage in real discussions and lately I had only been in these pissing matches. Time to look in the mirror. All I see from you anymore is pissing with people for page after page.

This thread could turn into a discussion about whether or not Lynch feels disrespected and if it has any impact on his season. It could ask whether or not the Seahawks might have been better off giving him an extension of some sort.

Either way it doesn't have to be another 10 pages of pissing. I challenge you to be more than that.

Today alone I have talked about the chances of Cutler being MVP in the league, Icognito and whether he should be in the league or not, and spoke about biggest surprises in camp. This is the one conversation that we have had a few pages go on about his contract and what has changed. We have argued over some semantics of the contract where we have argued out sides. I had stopped until a few of you decided to talk about how we are all SOOO obsessed with the Seahawks. This is one of about 10 conversations that I have had today and none of the rest even remotely come close to dealing with the Seahawks. I have spoken to Raider fans, 49er fans, Bronco fans, and heck even Colt fans alone today (this is not the only board that I write on). I write about the Seahawks on the general board some because a big part of this off season that has been the main discussion.

Anyway about the discussion yeah I could see some hurt feelings on Beast Modes part. He is a guy that can take some things personally which is part of the reason he avoids the media in not wanting them to twist his words. Heck even his mom this week got on to yell at reporters bashing her son. I think he still will run like a top-10 RB this year because he loves his teammates and wouldn't want to let them down.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as I thought. When challenged you do as you want anyway and still ramble on instead of taking the high road. :L

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CD, you missed it again. I referred to dredging up anything negative about the Hawks. Kwit said we caved in, not an issue but we didn't cave. You said PC made a huge mistake in mentioning contract guarantees. Both Denver fans looking for any neg slant on Seattle.
Just so you know, a huge mistake is hiking the ball over the QB's head giving up a safety on the 1st offensive play of a SB.

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz, many in these forums love to jump on anything Seahawks that they can. It is because Seattle wrecked their dreams or they just hate any team success that they do not root for. Not all are of this ilk though.
Luckily, the team has been pretty clean over the last year. Right now all they can create is a misread on a PC statement, or some have reacted to the ML situation as if the team rolled over giving a 3 year $30M w/$19M guaranteed.
Comical isn't it?

It's the sudden influx of fans and most with big mouths with insecurity complexes. Bad combo.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, you missed it again. I referred to dredging up anything negative about the Hawks. Kwit said we caved in, not an issue but we didn't cave. You said PC made a huge mistake in mentioning contract guarantees. Both Denver fans looking for any neg slant on Seattle.
Just so you know, a huge mistake is hiking the ball over the QB's head giving up a safety on the 1st offensive play of a SB.

Their fingers are crossed so tight that the Hawks fail they're going to break. They spent a whole week talking about how bad it is for the Hawks to be without Lynch in camp, now they're looking for negatives to him being back. They're even hoping that Carroll's comments about the holdout will be his downfall and his team's going to fall apart now. :L