• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Vs Jets- Things to Watch...back to FB talk!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to football talk! It's been a long week of NFL BS across the board- Let's get back to talking about the Monday Night Football contest OUR Chicago Bears will be engaged in tomorrow!

Injuries:
Bears: OUT: Garza, McClellin, McManis, Ratliff, Slauson
Doubtful- Scott
Questionable- Marshall, Jeffery
Probable- Conte, Allen, Morgan.

Jets: CB Dee Millinar- DNP on Fri or Sat- WR Eric Decker DNP all week, limited on Sat.

Match-ups:
BEARS Defense vs Jets Offense:
Another week and another running team with read-option. Being the 3rd week of this and from what we saw from our D last week I'm more encouraged they will perform at a level that is needed. The Jet's do have some unique additions this season that the Bears have not seen yet- namely SPEED at RB. Chris Johnson and Chris Ivroy can both excel when they get to the next level. 215 vs OAK and 150 vs Packers- Geno Smith has 64 yards on the ground, The JET's can and will run the ball. Leading the league after two weeks with 358 total yards.
Bears need big games from the rookie duo, Paea and Houston need to step up in the absence of Ratliff, who had his best game last week. Keep their gaps and get solid push to disrupt cutback lanes. With McClellin out Bostic will start- the LB group proved they could be competent if not great last week. Much improved. A third week of similar looks should help.
Note: Geno kept the ball on 6 of 12 read-option plays: On one he did pitch the ball to WR Kerley about 5 yards down field.

Bears DB's vs Jets WR's- who ever thought this would be a match-up favoring the Bears in any game-With Peanut on IR and a rookie getting his first start to boot. With Decker likely out- the Bears can focus on the run- none of the remaining WR's are really that scary. If they can force some pressure on Geno they will have some opportunities for turnovers.

C Mangold and LG Colon VS the rookie DT's
LT Ferguson VS J. Allen
RT Giacomini VS Houston/Young- EXPLOIT this matchup! Bears

WR Kerley? vs Fuller
Geno vs Conte? Can Chris force another young QB to test his athletic ability?

Simple- Contain the run, apply pressure to young QB... Bears win.

Bears Offense Vs Jets Defense
The Jets lead the league in Stopping the run- With only 105 yards yielded over the the first two weeks- Granted they played two teams with less then stellar running games. This will be a challenge for Chicago.

Jets Pass Rush:
The Jets base alignment is called a 3-4. But to call it a “traditional 3-4” is anything but the truth. Fact is, the only thing traditional about their D is that they play a 2-gap. We’re going to see 4-3, 1-3-7, 3-3-5 and even the 46. We'll see corner blitzes, ILB blitzes, OLB blitzes, safety blitzes. We’re going to see all-out blitzes. And we’re going to see what we think are all-out blitzes turning into 3 man rushes. Rex Ryan loves to mix it up.
During the Packers game, the Jets blitzed on 16 of 42 drop backs (38%). That pressure forced several bad passes, an INT and a fumble. They also sacked him 4 times, hit him another 7 times and hurried him an additional 10 times. In short, he was under true pressure on 50% of his drop backs.

They Blitz more then any other team- 48% on 3rd down. IF they can protect Jay Cutler, and get the ball out quickly/recognize the free rusher- the Bears can have a huge day throwing it. Darrin Walls filling in for Millinar, was torched by Jordy Nelson last week for 210 yards on 9 rec.
The big question still remains, how much has Alshon and Marshall healed this week?

There is potential for a BAD Jay day- If they get the pressure they are hoping for, and Jay turns into the player that all the haters love to hate...it could be ugly.
OR
It could be one the best days of his career. Such is way with our franchise player.

I don't think we see anything close to balanced play calling and I look forward to what Trestman has up his sleeve to counter all the blitzing.
Last time Bears played Rex Ryan and the Jets was in 2010 a Win 38-34... Jay had a Pick 6... and 3 TD passes. Could be similar.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the packers loose was great...Watching the Lions as the team beating them... not so much.
Oh... Sundays without a Bears game is ruufff.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the packers loose was great...Watching the Lions as the team beating them... not so much.
Oh... Sundays without a Bears game is ruufff.

Especially when you're getting your ass kicked in fantasy football.

jamus34

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially when you're getting your ass kicked in fantasy football.

Bad fantasy - I'm losing by 10...

Good Fantasy - I still have Cutler, A Brown and Olsen to play vs his Chris Ivory

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie Lacy getting only 38 yards (and getting stuffed in the end zone) was a little telling though. We keep hearing how amazing the Jets run defense is... it is no doubt good... but maybe playing the Packers without their starting center and their passing game being the headliner again and a Miami team that is meh kind of trumps up their run defense a bit. I expect them to regress to the norm. Still very good, but not blazing amazing. Throwing the ball, we're going to torch them though, especially if Milliner is out.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i ask is for the Chicago D to keep Chris Ivory in check plz for FL.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i ask is for the Chicago D to keep Chris Ivory in check plz for FL.

Eh… we'll see. I could see him having a good evening. I suppose we'll find out a lot about our run D in this game.