• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears poach NT Daniel McCullers from Pittsburgh practice squad

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6'7 348

Good lord, that is a MASSIVE human. Apparently, he was pretty unhappy with being dropped to the practice squad recently. Hopefully that motivates him to get here and help us plug some running lanes with that Big Foot like frame.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Massive waste of size. He's touched the QB about 20 times in 6 seasons.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not very good. Just a big dude capable of occupying some space. Maybe there's a small place for him on the active roster. Man, Goldman being scared of a spicy cold has had something of a ripple effect.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not very good. Just a big dude capable of occupying some space. Maybe there's a small place for him on the active roster. Man, Goldman being scared of a spicy cold has had something of a ripple effect.
Sometimes we don't appreciate the value of an individual relative to his performance until he's missing for a length of time. We always talk about Mack, Hicks, and our recent signing Quinn when it comes to evaluating our OL dominance, but really the glue of this unit has been Eddie. He's the one who had to constantly fight the double team, the one who has stuffed the middle, the one who pushes the OL back thru the middle. He's been really missed, and big time at that.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Massive waste of size. He's touched the QB about 20 times in 6 seasons.
Well, he's a run stuffer. A gap filler. They don't tend to touch the QB. That's not what they do.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes we don't appreciate the value of an individual relative to his performance until he's missing for a length of time. We always talk about Mack, Hicks, and our recent signing Quinn when it comes to evaluating our OL dominance, but really the glue of this unit has been Eddie. He's the one who had to constantly fight the double team, the one who has stuffed the middle, the one who pushes the OL back thru the middle. He's been really missed, and big time at that.
I would certainly not call Eddie the most important defensive player. That's kind of a wild take. He's important, yes. Hicks and Mack both eat up plenty of double teams as well. Mack often sees three guys blocking his way to the QB between a tackle, a TE chipping, and a RB in pass pro. Most analytics suggest coverage > rush so far as importance. Jackson, Fuller... are massive.

We'll see how they adjust. A smooth immediate transition does not mean that they won't tinker with things and figure out how to make it work. Nichols was better on Sunday. You have to give him a little bit. A transition like that with minimal camp and no pre-season is massive.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would certainly not call Eddie the most important defensive player. That's kind of a wild take. He's important, yes. Hicks and Mack both eat up plenty of double teams as well. Mack often sees three guys blocking his way to the QB between a tackle, a TE chipping, and a RB in pass pro. Most analytics suggest coverage > rush so far as importance. Jackson, Fuller... are massive.

We'll see how they adjust. A smooth immediate transition does not mean that they won't tinker with things and figure out how to make it work. Nichols was better on Sunday. You have to give him a little bit. A transition like that with minimal camp and no pre-season is massive.
Maybe not, but if someone cared to argue that he is, I wouldn't argue back. It's certainly not a 'wild take' as you put it. His non-presence has shown just how important he was at plugging the middle and pushing the OL back.

And my initial argument about Eddie's absence was regarding his impact on the line. I never brought up DL vs Secondary as to unit importance, so why you brought that up is beyond me.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he's a run stuffer. A gap filler. They don't tend to touch the QB. That's not what they do.

thanks for explaining...before I read this I was under the assumption NTs covered tight ends.

I’m sure an unprotected practice squad vet is exactly what we were missing.