• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears get WR and TE

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears get WR Josh Bellamy off waivers, as well as TE Matthew Mulligan.

Man the Bears have been really busy.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG......competition? How CAN they afford to pay all these PLAYERS? Thank GOD Phil Emery Is GM and not so if you Jamooks.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG......competition? How CAN they afford to pay all these PLAYERS? Thank GOD Phil Emery Is GM and not so if you Jamooks.

WR's and TE's arent punters and kickers. However, its still possible those signings may not represent actual competition. Instead its simply an action taken to get extended looks at players during that period where inflated rosters are permitted. That way, if an injury occurs once the season starts, the brass may have a head start of who to sign if any of those players are available.

Like many times before, this is something I *think* you know, but choose to be difficult anyways. :noidea:

C

cubzzzfanincali

nothing unusual here. They need to bring the camp roster up to 90 guys, so expect a bunch of minimum contract guys to be signed between now and camp. Most won't make the roster, so they won't need to be paid anything.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR's and TE's arent punters and kickers. However, its still possible those signings may not represent actual competition. Instead its simply an action taken to get extended looks at players during that period where inflated rosters are permitted. That way, if an injury occurs once the season starts, the brass may have a head start of who to sign if any of those players are available.

Like many times before, this is something I *think* you know, but choose to be difficult anyways. :noidea:

Or the sight chance someone may out playsoneone and get a chance to be on the 53 or even the practice squad. Best time is now when it doesn't cost the team anything. Competition at every position is good. Of course more often then not you arent going to get a vet unseated but anything to help the team get better is a plus in my book.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You just… don't get it. lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes… this is a great way to sum that aspect of Leo up.

He neglects obvious and widely accepted facts, and wiggles his way around them, just to piss people off. I can only think this is the case.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes… this is a great way to sum that aspect of Leo up.

He neglects obvious and widely accepted facts, and wiggles his way around them, just to piss people off. I can only think this is the case.

You would not be a good psychologist. You have made up crap and I will not back down from believing competition is healthy and can only help this team. You can make shit up to please yourself, it doesn't bother me.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would not be a good psychologist. You have made up crap and I will not back down from believing competition is healthy and can only help this team. You can make shit up to please yourself, it doesn't bother me.

Of course competition is good. Nobody would argue that. What you keep working around is that not all these moves are made in that vein. They cant be. Why?
A) Even right now, most of the roster is set. Sure, there are surprises, but by and large the incumbents have a huge advantage.
B)The final roster limit is 53, with a limit to dress 46 on game day.
C) 8 PS spots.

Through first cuts in August, they can carry 90 players. The math alone tells me there are absolutely a number of players currently on the roster that are merely "retainers". Theyll get a look for the reasons Ive already given, and theyll be gone when cutdowns start.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course competition is good. Nobody would argue that. What you keep working around is that not all these moves are made in that vein. They cant be. Why?
A) Even right now, most of the roster is set. Sure, there are surprises, but by and large the incumbents have a huge advantage.
B)The final roster limit is 53, with a limit to dress 46 on game day.
C) 8 PS spots.

Through first cuts in August, they can carry 90 players. The math alone tells me there are absolutely a number of players currently on the roster that are merely "retainers". Theyll get a look for the reasons Ive already given, and theyll be gone when cutdowns start.

Not sure why everybody wants to argue. I jys made a statement and will back it

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Leo, no disrespect intended. But Google Chrome has an excellent spell checker.
Half your posts have misspelled words, which makes it hard to follow what you're trying to say.
Just sayin . :suds:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leo, no disrespect intended. But Google Chrome has an excellent spell checker.
Half your posts have misspelled words, which makes it hard to follow what you're trying to say.
Just sayin . :suds:

I can are less about spell checker. I think most on this board can figure out what people are saying or trying to say. Years of reading that one poster on ESPN....BRIAN..i think was his name...makes you a bit tolerable when it comes to reading mis spelled words. Its not like you or anybody else hasn't done the same.......quit whining

:lame:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can are less about spell checker. I think most on this board can figure out what people are saying or trying to say. Years of reading that one poster on ESPN....BRIAN..i think was his name...makes you a bit tolerable when it comes to reading mis spelled words. Its not like you or anybody else hasn't done the same.......quit whining

:lame:

:laugh3: Ok was just trying to help you . Seems you needed it ( help ). :bawling:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's because you back your statement with horse shit arguments, that you twist to suit what works best for you.

You're not arguing from a logical or non-bias point of view. You're going; "This is what I said. Now… I'm going to look up everything possible I can use to backup MY OPINION. Ignoring anything else that may contradict me."

"Not sure why everybody wants to argue. I just made a statement"

Dude… this is an internet message board. The whole point of this damn place is to discuss and debate. lol. Quit trying to play dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's because you back your statement with horse shit arguments, that you twist to suit what works best for you.

You're not arguing from a logical or non-bias point of view. You're going; "This is what I said. Now… I'm going to look up everything possible I can use to backup MY OPINION. Ignoring anything else that may contradict me."

"Not sure why everybody wants to argue. I just made a statement"

Dude… this is an internet message board. The whole point of this damn place is to discuss and debate. lol. Quit trying to play dumb.

There was absolutely no debating the fact that we needed better punter and a long snapper. Bringing in competition for the elite punter Drew Freakin Butler would have been and is still a great idea. It hurts no one and actually helps. Instead of settling for a punter that is no better than the one you just released just cheaper, its good to know Phil will bring in conpetition to try to make this team better. Might as well bring in Carlos Huertas son to replace Robbie........:lol:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was absolutely no debating the fact that we needed better punter and a long snapper. Bringing in competition for the elite punter Drew Freakin Butler would have been and is still a great idea. It hurts no one and actually helps. Instead of settling for a punter that is no better than the one you just released just cheaper, its good to know Phil will bring in conpetition to try to make this team better. Might as well bring in Carlos Huertas son to replace Robbie........:lol:

Just curious, as you can spell just fine. What the hell is conpetition ?:bawling:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one is saying competition is bad, you dope. :lol: :doh:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, Drew Butler and Tress Way aren't good enough of competition for you because of their lack of NFL experience. Meaning, it's basically your opinion that every single young punter… no, scratch that. Every YOUNG PLAYER that has never played in the NFL, will never be successful? Due to a lack of experience.

Sound logic, as usual, Leo. You're a regular god damned genius.

Man, you're so right. Why did the Bears bring in an inexperienced kid like Alshon Jeffery, or Kyle Long to help fix the problems on offense. When they could have signed a veteran or two? Why would you ever bring in someone with no NFL game experience? I mean, that's just absurd! It's not like they have scouts who evaluate these players college/previous pre-season film, or coaches who do the same and monitor them in practice. What a dumb thing that would be.

Why do they even have a draft? I don't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes rich you are ABSOLUTELY correct. ....You dont get it......im over it, you should he as well.