• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears cut Webb

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and then there was much rejoicing.

203.gif

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
surprised to see em' release Jordan Palmer?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who will Cutler yell at now other than Webb...well I guess he still has coaches.

Joking aside, im shocked it took that long to cut him because it was clear that he didnt have what it takes to compete at LT.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb move. He was cheap and would have been a serviceable backup. Krommer might have been able to fix him with a little time. He will be picked up by some team before the day is out.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brittan Golden
Josh Lenz
Jordan Palmer
J'Marcus Webb
Brandon Hardin
Tom Nelson
Edwin Williams
Jerry Franklin
Trent Edwards
Brandon Hartson

Just to name a few... Or so I've been told.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't understand cutting a cheap guy who last year improved to only being only slightly worse than average. I'm happy they feel like they don't need him, but he would have been a plenty capable backup tackle.

Sportsmen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am shocked we cut Palmer. He looked solid, and McCown has been god awful.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the Palmer cut either; but thank God Webb is gone.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointed that we let Palmer go. Hell, Edwards looked good too. McCown has been subpar at best, but Trestman has said he really likes him and that he's football smart.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb move. He was cheap and would have been a serviceable backup. Krommer might have been able to fix him with a little time. He will be picked up by some team before the day is out.

A serviceable backup does not make two pre-snap penalties per game. Sorry.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst lineman on our team, and I don't care how Halas Hall has tried to spin it over the last few years.

His head is not in the game. Put simply, he is a fucking moron. May have all the size, strength and athleticism in the world, but ya got to want it, and be focused. Webb seems more focused on his Twitter followers and voting himself to the Pro Bowl.

I think the dude's a cancer, and I am glad he's gone. How many practice-squad players have already passed him...I'm sure another one can be a better backup.

He was playing against the worst of the worst against Cleveland last nite, and still stunk up the joint. Still, was the worst lineman out there.

Good riddance.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't understand cutting a cheap guy who last year improved to only being only slightly worse than average. I'm happy they feel like they don't need him, but he would have been a plenty capable backup tackle.

Led the league in pre snap penalties, constantly beaten like a drum, QB has taken more shots than one ever should, weekly ego-fest on Twitter, even after all of the above-mentioned.

He is terrible.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst lineman on our team, and I don't care how Halas Hall has tried to spin it over the last few years.

His head is not in the game. Put simply, he is a fucking moron. May have all the size, strength and athleticism in the world, but ya got to want it, and be focused. Webb seems more focused on his Twitter followers and voting himself to the Pro Bowl.

I think the dude's a cancer, and I am glad he's gone. How many practice-squad players have already passed him...I'm sure another one can be a better backup.

He was playing against the worst of the worst against Cleveland last nite, and still stunk up the joint. Still, was the worst lineman out there.

Good riddance.

Exactly. The guy was handed the right tackle job this year, looked horrible in the Carolina pre-season game. Got demoted to second team, and got a pay cut. Then proceeded to play even worse the next two games. Then in his last chance to save his job, he false started twice and stunk it up.

He sucks... and he's a DOLT... a moron.

He got beat out, fair and square. He's had three plus years to make an impression, and show improvement. His time is up. He'll be out of the league in a year or two.

Smell ya, lard ass...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A serviceable backup does not make two pre-snap penalties per game. Sorry.

I'm no Webb fan but we had no other backups that looked any better, he was cheap and young and huge. I really thought Krommer could fix him with time. O well time to forget and move forward.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no Webb fan but we had no other backups that looked any better, he was cheap and young and huge. I really thought Krommer could fix him with time. O well time to forget and move forward.

I really disagree. I thought he was EASILY the worst tackle I saw play all pre-season for us. We gave him every chance to stick around and he fell on his fat face.

He deserved to get cut. You can't keep a guy around like Webb. He's a "project" that hasn't improved at all over the past three years, and he leads the league in pre-snap penalties. He's also a dope, and makes a fool out of himself, attention whoring around on Twitter. I couldn't care less about Twitter, but it just goes to show that he's a moron.

After being demoted and receiving a pay cut. He showed no sense of urgency, and continued to do the same old shit. Time to cut him loose. He deserves it. No need for a guy like that in the locker room. Bring on a youth movement on the O-line.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Webb's problem is that he had reached his full potential. What you saw was what you got...and it wasn't very good. Still couldn't concentrate enough to get the snap count right. And still couldn't block a lick to keep the defense out of the Bear's backfield.

Glad to see him gone. Time to move on.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really disagree. I thought he was EASILY the worst tackle I saw play all pre-season for us. We gave him every chance to stick around and he fell on his fat face.

He deserved to get cut. You can't keep a guy around like Webb. He's a "project" that hasn't improved at all over the past three years, and he leads the league in pre-snap penalties. He's also a dope, and makes a fool out of himself, attention whoring around on Twitter. I couldn't care less about Twitter, but it just goes to show that he's a moron.

After being demoted and receiving a pay cut. He showed no sense of urgency, and continued to do the same old shit. Time to cut him loose. He deserves it. No need for a guy like that in the locker room. Bring on a youth movement on the O-line.

I agree for the most part but I don't see the replacement currently that is a better option. . I had hope with the shiny new top of the line Oline coach we could get something out of him. It's done and over, and he earned it, I get that part.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't I read that JWebb was graded as the WORST offensive lineman last season in the entire NFL? And people still think he would be a serviceable backup? Really, you do?