• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beamer now active wins leader

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With JoePa gone, Frank is the wins leader. Wow!

He's also the longest tenured coach at one school. I've been a Hokie for all but 1 of Frank's years so when he sets these milestones, I start feeling old.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 more years and Beamer may break JoePa's wins record!

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt see it coming this way...but hey, what can you do

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do they rename the paterno award the Beamer award since he was he first to get it?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Frank Beamer Award is an award that was established in 2011 and is given annually to the college football head coach who best exemplifies Virginia Tech head coach Frank Beamer dedication to the development of student-athletes and the advancement of their university beyond just athletics.

The award is presented by the Maxwell Football Club, based out of Ambler, Pennsylvania. It replaces the George Munger Award, which was presented by the club each year from 1989 to 2009, and the Joseph Paterno award that was presented in 2011.

Award criteria
To determine the winner of the award, the staff of the Maxwell Football Club seeks nominations from each of the 120 FBS schools. Winning and exceeding expectations on the field are vital components of the evaluation process, but the club also reviews graduation rates of the players and the coachs overall impact on the community, including philanthropic and volunteer efforts. The award is meant to exemplify the tag line that is given for the award, i.e., "Excellence Doesnt Stop on Saturdays".

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this your write up for it or for rizzle? seems official lol

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beamer will pass the "Golden Domer/Homer" himself Lou Holtz with his next win (in front of me and a raucous Thursday night lane crowd perhaps??). He is currently #11 all time in Div 1 wins in excess of 200. At a glance, if Beamer coaches another say, 5-6 years he could possibly get up into the top 10 overall..all time..period. I get tired of hearing people talk about a changing of the guard concerning Beamer, and "He can't win the big one..get us to the NCG". I have a feeling at some point we are going to really miss Beamer when he is gone. We are very fortunate to have this man lead this program and win consistently..

List of college football coaches with 200 wins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Beamer will pass the "Golden Domer/Homer" himself Lou Holtz with his next win (in front of me and a raucous Thursday night lane crowd perhaps??). He is currently #11 all time in Div 1 wins in excess of 200. At a glance, if Beamer coaches another say, 5-6 years he could possibly get up into the top 10 overall..all time..period. I get tired of hearing people talk about a changing of the guard concerning Beamer, and "He can't win the big one..get us to the NCG". I have a feeling at some point we are going to really miss Beamer when he is gone. We are very fortunate to have this man lead this program and win consistently..List of college football coaches with 200 wins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

+1