• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Battle of Hoyer @ Bagent

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
83g4nj.jpg

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean…I’m sitting here upset we should be winning by more. Before the game I expected us to lose…So I’ll take it.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proud of the D on that drive. Held em to 3 and had them waste an additional 3 minutes of gametime when the were inside our 10.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pick six.....incredible.

Over a year since we won at home.......even more incredible.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun day

We will probably get waxed next week but this has been enjoyable

Bagent did exactly everything he needed to do. Quick passes and protected the football. Let the run game cook. And the defense had a really good day.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, where do I start......a really disciplined, well played game. Too many game balls to give out, but here are some standouts:

*Tyson Bagent. Statistically, the kid had just an OK game by normal standards. Nothing spectacular, numbers-wise. But the leadership, the moxie, the awareness he displayed cannot be understated. Only one sack when there easily could have been several more. It's obvious Getsy had him under a tight leash, not sure he even threw the once over 20 yards downfield. But the way he handled himself, the composure he maintained thruout the game, he looked like a seasoned vet out there today.

*The RBs. Make no mistake about it, the running game is what won the day for the Bears. 173 yards on the ground, led by a quite inspired D'Onta Foremen. 13 of our 23 1st downs were from runs, but it's not like most of them were of the 3rd-n-short variety. And speaking of Foreman, 3 TDs for the man today!!!

*The OL. This line LOVES to run block a helluva lot more than trying to protect the QB and it showed big time today. I was particularly pleased with Whitehair's and Patrick's performances. Their play was actually a strength.

*The defense. They played an outstanding game overall as a unit. Only one sack, but enough pressures to throw the Raiders passing game off. The secondary, led by two JJ INTs, might have played their best game of the year. In fact, had it not been a couple of questionable intereference penalties (especially the first one), each which eventually led to the Raiders two FGs, we might have been pitching a shutout going into that final mop up drive leading to the only Vegas TD. I was unable to watch last week's debacle, but based on the stats, it does appear the defense did their part in that game as well. Here's to hoping the Bears D is finally starting to come around.

The really only negative aspect to this game was the number of penalties by our boys on both sides of the ball, and yes that includes those interference calls. They need to tighten this up, a bit too sloppy. My only other semi complaint was the poor clock management on that final Bears drive of the 1st half. Way too much time wasted on what easily could have led to at least a FG attempt had they performed at a quicker pace.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A run game and defense and a reasonably weak opponent helps too…Let’s not get too carried away.
Yes, game film is going to get around quickly. It did not help that they chose to put Peterman in for the hail mary instead of running some kind of crossing pattern with some blockers in front. They pretty much waved a flag to ever team telling him his deep ball is not a threat. That no time outs in the first half sucked as well. Thats a time you use as a training exercise for the young QB.
This isnt Purdy in San Francisco, but they did give him the opportunity and gave a way an even higher draft pick than Fields when the job was won.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we cap off the week with Foreman receiving the scepter for Angry Runs!!!!!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok @BeaReylo since you're always attaching videos.... this one made me laugh. Lots of Chicago references too.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok @BeaReylo since you're always attaching videos.... this one made me laugh. Lots of Chicago references too.

Nice.......

But KB shouldve added Kieth Van Horn in his list of oline blockers.....loved that guy.

Hopefully Donta can keep that train a rollin!!