• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Basketball Gods still getting their revenge on the Pistons...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was actually Stephen Jackson that escalated the situation by punching any fan that came into his path. The Artest (entire season) and O'Neal (originally 25 games) were over the line on the league's part. And please don't give me that crap that the "Bad Boys" weren't instigators. Even today, those 80's teams are big part of the Piston culture and overall fan perception of the franchise.
And how many times have the bad boys gone after fans? If it had simply been a brawl between players it would have been one thing, but when you attack the paying customers the hammer has to drop. Yes, he got wet with beer, it does not justify assault.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was actually Stephen Jackson that escalated the situation by punching any fan that came into his path. The Artest (entire season) and O'Neal (originally 25 games) were over the line on the league's part. And please don't give me that crap that the "Bad Boys" weren't instigators. Even today, those 80's teams are big part of the Piston culture and overall fan perception of the franchise.

It sounds like you don't even remember what happened, because Ron Artest was the first one in the stands, going after fans. And it isn't crap just because you don't even know what a damn nickname stood for...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Reggie Miller, the most iconic Pacers player of them all, got hit with a one-game suspension for the situation. For what exactly? Probably because his name was Reggie Miller.

The league just didn't like us. That's the story I'm sticking with and there's little that's going to change my opinion wherever I go in life.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its super early, but Pistons are 2-0 off a road-home back to back.

If this team can even approach a Playoff spot Stan Van Gundy should win Coach of the Year. I scoff at some of the names I see on this roster...

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Reggie Miller, the most iconic Pacers player of them all, got hit with a one-game suspension for the situation. For what exactly? Probably because his name was Reggie Miller.

The league just didn't like us. That's the story I'm sticking with and there's little that's going to change my opinion wherever I go in life.

So were 3 Pistons, it was because they left the court when they weren't supposed to or something like that. So don't play victim when it comes to Reggie Miller.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this team can even approach a Playoff spot Stan Van Gundy should win Coach of the Year. I scoff at some of the names I see on this roster...
Yeah but Andre Drummond and 4 average starters is probably a playoff team in the East