• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baseball is going to need to come up with a plan

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other day I read an interesting idea from a baseball fan on another website who favors a not-too-shortened schedule, but of course it's assuming that the season will start by July 1st at the latest:

Total games: 120
Divisional: 40 (8 games against each division rival)
Other divisions, same league: 60 (6 games against each rival in the other two divisions)
Opposite division in the other league: 20 (4 games against each, ie, AL Central v NL Central, etc)

I like it because it's realistic, at least in terms of fitting that many games into a shortened season. It's balanced as far as home-away games are played. Team-by-team you still play the most games against each division rival, and still get 20 interleague games in as well. No idea how this would pan out logistically, but at least on paper it's fair and workable.
The latest number being bandied about for once the season resumes is reducing the number of games to 100. In following the above blueprint, this could easily be remedied by eliminating the 20 interleague games, even tho I really like the idea of facing our fellow Central division rivals from the NL, especially the Cubs. And games against the Brewers and improved Reds would have been fun as well. But if we really are going to reduce the schedule this much, something's gotta give and to me interleague play should be the primary sacrifice.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one year I have a nice keeper list

Fucking apocalypse

Haters trying to keep me down

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Italy is in a recovery now. I'm hopeful for our prospects after we make it through this peak of diagnosis that we're in right now.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhhh! that explains it. your sister got all the brains! :think:

You've been doing a real fine job of making an ass out of yourself. Over your perception of me making an ass out of myself.

You're doing a real good job of proving who the real ass is by doing this in each thread. So, by all means, keep it up.

Or we could just talk baseball. At this point, it's really your choice. I'm not the one tracking you to each new thread. This is all you, my man.

And when I finish law school my parents will have raised a doctor and a lawyer. I think the brains were distributed quite well, in their eyes. But keep going! Idseer from sportshoopla's opinion matters far more to me.

tracking? lol. yeah ... amongst the hundreds of threads here i'm just weeding you out. wasn't a very well thought out reply from you there was it? talk about a lack of brainpower.
anyway, if you're asking for a truce, from this bullshit you instigated in the first place ....... then i will agree. you want to disagree with me on something, you do it with a little respect. i will endeavor to do the same. whatcha think?

And he STILL continues with the personal insults.

Well, let's see. We only ever interact on this board... and since that incident? You have followed me to each other thread I have replied to ON THIS BOARD in order to harass me (in a rather timely fashion, as well). Here, you did so with subject material that was personal in nature and totally unrelated to the thread at hand. When all I did in each thread was make a normal and relevant reply. Yes, that is "following" "shadowing" or whatever you want to call it.

Your interactions with LSD demonstrates that this is a pattern of behavior.

You initiated the personal jabs between us in that thread. My beef is and has been with Jiddy going back to the mid 00's on the old ESPN boards. Not you.

Again, you created this whole thing. All I have been doing is replying to threads separately from you and you light the flame. Soon, this is basically spam. I don't have to stop anything. You're the one perpetuating this. Each of the threads you followed me to - I was only talking about baseball.

Your inability to see your role in this is borderline astounding. I can be a total dick and I would never dispute that. However, if you think you go around this place with a halo hovering above you... that is a total and complete joke, sir. You can be extremely rude, stubborn and condescending yourself.

At least, in my case? When it's over, it's over and I don't smear the bull shit to a bunch of other threads like this. I may get into it with your or Jiddy in another thread. However, I do not search you or him out to threads looking to perpetuate the same shit hurling.

I am fine with putting an end to this back and forth. Are you? That seems to be the big question, Iddy. If you hadn't gone out of your way to make personal jabs at me in these other threads. We would not be having this conversation. It's that simple.

you have a very poor memory. you got this started long ago, before jiddy. i am very confident that i never threw the first stone because i never do. maybe you don't know yourself as well as you'd like to think. i will admit to taking up the fight tho. and whether it's this thread or some other it really doesn't matter as you and i are pretty much in all of them sooner or later, as i have alluded to by pointing out the bareness of this site. what do we have here .... 4 ... occasionally 5 posters?
you think too much of yourself to suggest i just tag along after you. i know of other sites you post on and i have never 'followed' you on any of them, have i?
if you disappeared from this site i wouldn't care less. i respond to you ONLY because you say so many stupid things in addition to the lies you spew. and now you want to play innocent? seriously?

if you want this to become civil again i am perfectly willing. but not with your prelude of "it's all your fault not mine" bullshit.

Get a room, homos.