• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Barkley's Opinions on TNT

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because his opinions are different doesn't mean they're wrong. Frankly I don't give a shit about how he feels about the Pacers.

He had said for years before LeBron had left for Miami that the Cavs had played "too slow". In the last year though, Tyronn Lue had turned Barkley's opinion into reality. He emphasized pace and it brought the city of Cleveland its first title in 52 years. This year, the Cavs are among the league leaders in pace of play and in my opinion should be favored to repeat as champions.

Love or hate the guy, Chuck offers some valuable insight from time to time and is more intelligent than most give him credit for. Not just an entertainer.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because his opinions are different doesn't mean they're wrong. Frankly I don't give a shit about how he feels about the Pacers.

He had said for years before LeBron had left for Miami that the Cavs had played "too slow". In the last year though, Tyronn Lue had turned Barkley's opinion into reality. He emphasized pace and it brought the city of Cleveland its first title in 52 years. This year, the Cavs are among the league leaders in pace of play and in my opinion should be favored to repeat as champions.

Love or hate the guy, Chuck offers some valuable insight from time to time and is more intelligent than most give him credit for. Not just an entertainer.

His basketball opinions are just that, his opinions. In no way does to claim he knows the answers. He almost always prefaces what he says by "in my opinion".

However his opinion is generally flawed when it comes to discussing basketball. His way of viewing the game is antiquated and outdated. He holds a large bias towards teams with big men. He props up players value because he values a player who plays balanced basketball over say a dominant offensive player with decent defense.

Kenny and Shaq, who come from different backgrounds as players, often disagree with him on most everything. Kenny has probably the most awareness of the shift in NBA play towards guards and the 3 point shot. Shaq has old school roots in wanting big men to be dominant and having bigs control the game. But when both don't agree with your takes on a consistent basis, you're probably not right.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley plays up the buffoon act because it sells.

I don't think anyone thinks he lacks basic intelligence.

But, lots and lots of dumb shit comes out of his mouth.

Yeah, he got the Cavs thing right.. But, even a broke clock is right two times a day.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A huge advantage the Warriors have had hte last few years is continuity. continuity in their system. continuity in their players. continuity in their coaching staff and front office. they decided to blow that up to a certain extent- at least their roster- and partly their system- in order to bring in Durant.

The Cavs had absolutely zero continuity in year 1 of LeBron returning- a roster full of new players- a coach in way over his head, and a system that did not use its personnel efficiently AT ALL.

Now- the Cavs have a coach that runs a system that takes advantage of the teams talents, the core of the team has played together for almost 2 years now (LeBron, KI, Love, Tristan, JR, Shump, JR)- they have the right coach in place and the right system. Even Love and Kyrie are playing much improved defense. Everyone is on the same page and will sacrifice stats for the team....

Cavs are in a really good place right now- and the Warriors still have a ways to go to get back to the continuity that made them so tough to beat.

and. the Cavs have the King. and the Warriors dont- that of course helps as well.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does any one care what those guys think? They are opinions and nothing more.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley plays up the buffoon act because it sells.

I don't think anyone thinks he lacks basic intelligence.

But, lots and lots of dumb shit comes out of his mouth.

Yeah, he got the Cavs thing right.. But, even a broke clock is right two times a day.

If it pops in his head it comes out of his mouth. That's why he seems smart sometimes and stupid sometimes.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it pops in his head it comes out of his mouth. That's why he seems smart sometimes and stupid sometimes.

I don't think it's necessarily, smart or stupid, but he's consistent with his view points. They never waver. He can be both right and wrong with his view-point, depending from game to game.

For example, say we're watching a Warriors-Clippers game. He could say the following:

"Clippers can beat the Warriors down low and if they do that, they can beat the Warriors because they're just jumpshooters".

Depending on the outcome, that statement can either be smart or stupid. If the Warriors win, he'll say, the Clippers didn't execute but not give the Warriors any credit for the win, making the statement stupid. If the Clippers win, he'll say that the Warriors can't matchup with the Clippers, validating his stance making it smart.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's necessarily, smart or stupid, but he's consistent with his view points. They never waver. He can be both right and wrong with his view-point, depending from game to game.

For example, say we're watching a Warriors-Clippers game. He could say the following:

"Clippers can beat the Warriors down low and if they do that, they can beat the Warriors because they're just jumpshooters".

Depending on the outcome, that statement can either be smart or stupid. If the Warriors win, he'll say, the Clippers didn't execute but not give the Warriors any credit for the win, making the statement stupid. If the Clippers win, he'll say that the Warriors can't matchup with the Clippers, validating his stance making it smart.

I'm not saying he's right or wrong. I'm saying he gives zero thought to what comes out of his mouth. It pops in his head and comes directly out of his mouth. He's the Homer Simpson of analyst.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even care any more about that - I think of him as a professional entertainer and he is not under contract to like my Lakers or my favorite player or whatever, so there is no need to get butt hurt because oh boo hoo and wahhhh, he doesn't like My Whiteside or George Hill. If you don't like Barkely then turn the tv to another channel or get the NBA league pass so you have alternatives and get over it already.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley is not an analyst. He is there purely for entertainment purposes. Sushi's right. Barkley simply tailors his comments to the result. If the Warriors win, it's because the other team was injured or didn't execute. If the Warriors lose, it's because he was right, and he'll ignore the Warriors' injuries and execution failures. He also ignores that the Warriors are more than a jump shooting team. IIRC, the Warriors actually led the league in points in the paint and in defensive rating in the 2014-2015 season, when Barkley started ranting about them being a jump shooting team.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even care any more about that - I think of him as a professional entertainer and he is not under contract to like my Lakers or my favorite player or whatever, so there is no need to get butt hurt because oh boo hoo and wahhhh, he doesn't like My Whiteside or George Hill. If you don't like Barkely then turn the tv to another channel or get the NBA league pass so you have alternatives and get over it already.

Are you talking specifically to me or in general? Who said I didn't like him? I like Homer Simpson. He's funny.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley is not an analyst. He is there purely for entertainment purposes. Sushi's right. Barkley simply tailors his comments to the result. If the Warriors win, it's because the other team was injured or didn't execute. If the Warriors lose, it's because he was right, and he'll ignore the Warriors' injuries and execution failures. He also ignores that the Warriors are more than a jump shooting team. IIRC, the Warriors actually led the league in points in the paint and in defensive rating in the 2014-2015 season, when Barkley started ranting about them being a jump shooting team.

I just used the term analyst by mistake. I should have used the term entertainer.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking specifically to me or in general? Who said I didn't like him? I like Homer Simpson. He's funny.
Actually i was thinking about the op that started the thread. He is the only one that is crying. you and the rest of us already know Barkley for the entertainment part.NO disrespect to you was intended

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just used the term analyst by mistake. I should have used the term entertainer.
He's right some of the time though, if you want to be realistic. No one gets it right all of the time and their job is to talk a lot, so yes they clown around plenty and they try to take opposing views for entertainment. You just can't take it personal. He doesn't owe one team anything. I haven't seen anything special about the Pacers this year and in fact they are shitty. The Lakers in three short years are playing like a playoff team that has been rebuilt and the Pacers have been rebuilding for at least a decade, so they are not going to get any love and they don't deserve any either.