• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ballard feels like a Patriot

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with injuries to the top two TE,s Ballard is getting pleanty of work. PFT reports that Ballard took last year to get to know the playbook. Now that he can practice, he loves being in New England.. which is good news since we will probably see him play this year.. probably quiet a bit..

Preacher.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see him on the field with both gronkowski and Hernandez some as well. Especially if Blount shows some of what he did a couple years ago, the ability to pound the ball and still have legitimate pass catching options out of it should create some solid mismatches.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the options are endless if all are healthy.. Gronk Hbomb Ballard Amendola or speed wr to stretch with blount to pound the ball. or go hurry up and try and cover all three mobile te with a passing game..

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all are healthy, Ballard isn't that important to this team. He'll have an opportunity to make the squad, and opportunities to perform in games, but they're not much different with him vs without him.

If all aren't healthy, Ballard's performance becomes critical. If he can pull his weight, they might not miss much of a beat with Gronk gone.

That's a big deal, not so much because of what he brings if everyone's healthy but because of the insurance he brings if not everyone is healthy.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets just put all the TE out on the field at the same time .. while we are playing the jets.. we could watch rex have a stroke on the sideline trying to figure out what BB is thinking..

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets just put all the TE out on the field at the same time .. while we are playing the jets.. we could watch rex have a stroke on the sideline trying to figure out what BB is thinking..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fun stuff- about Rex but what our team is does not depend on what a coach of a last place team thinks. What we really need is to think about play against top echelon teams, since that is who the Patriots are and who we need to beat.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fun stuff- about Rex but what our team is does not depend on what a coach of a last place team thinks. What we really need is to think about play against top echelon teams, since that is who the Patriots are and who we need to beat.

come on like BB doesnt like to stick it to the Jets any chance he gets.. it wont ever happen but its fun to think about...

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ballard can be a solid starter, but seems like Patriots fans are acting like he is going to be a Pro Bowler. Without Hernandez its nice to have someone to be able to step in but this guy is nothing like Hernanez. More like a poor mans Gronk

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ballard can be a solid starter, but seems like Patriots fans are acting like he is going to be a Pro Bowler. Without Hernandez its nice to have someone to be able to step in but this guy is nothing like Hernanez. More like a poor mans Gronk

He is more like a poor man's Gronk and I am unaware of anyone suggesting he would be more then that. None the less is a very capable Tight End and there are some talented TEs on the roster at this time. I think with Brady at the helm we will be okay.

PatsFaninNC

Rhode Island Native
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All he has to be is solid. I think he's going to fill in just fine. Doesn't need to be a Pro Bowler.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone implied our second tight end needed to be a pro bowler. I do think he's better than a lot of teams have as a second option.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk and Ballard wont be Gronk and Hernandez, but it's not way off. Hernandez just gave you more flexibility. Ballard could be a star in this system. Until Gronk is healthy we have Fells, who's not horrible if we need him for a month. I think our offense is still going to be great.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk and Ballard wont be Gronk and Hernandez, but it's not way off. Hernandez just gave you more flexibility. Ballard could be a star in this system. Until Gronk is healthy we have Fells, who's not horrible if we need him for a month. I think our offense is still going to be great.

I made a comment the other day that the TEs on this team don't worry me as much as the all new receivers do.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a comment the other day that the TEs on this team don't worry me as much as the all new receivers do.

Yeah I'm a little worried if Danny can stay healthy and who's going to play outside the numbers. I mean we still have Gronk at TE, best TE in the league and Ballard isn't a bum.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobson will start outside day one. Another big guy would be great, but Dobson is closer to a true outside receiver than we've had since randy moss.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobson will start outside day one. Another big guy would be great, but Dobson is closer to a true outside receiver than we've had since randy moss.

I'd agree with you, but you never really know how good the kid will be until we see him play.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's absolutely unproven. Even considering that I'd rather have him on the outside than anyone on our roster last year.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed I can't imagine him getting beat out but, he is still a rookie in a very complex offense with a very demanding QB that really isn't as patient as we might think. Now maybe Aaron comes in and figures it all out then it's all good. But for now Blue Oyster Cult just came on my MP3 so I gotta stop posting.