• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Back on top...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that the ESPN power rankings mean a whole lot, but the Hawks are back to the #1 spot. NFL Power Rankings Week 3 - National Football League - ESPN

More important is being on top of the NFC West and undefeated (even if it is only two games).

Yes I love the fact that the 49ers are going to have to catch up to us this year for the division. Yeah it's early and anything can happen, still it puts a smile on my face.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I love the fact that the 49ers are going to have to catch up to us this year for the division. Yeah it's early and anything can happen, still it puts a smile on my face.

Although we as fans are focused on this season one week at a time, there's nothing wrong with looking in the rear view mirror and giving the Niner fans a polite wave once in a while. :suds:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am shocked they didnt put Denver above us. Maybe the fact that they have played a bunch of trash teams is keeping us on top.

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am shocked they didnt put Denver above us. Maybe the fact that they have played a bunch of trash teams is keeping us on top.
We haven't really played anyone very good either. Carolina 1-2, SF 1-2, Jacksonville 0-3

I think what is keeping us on top is the fact we have only given up 27 points in 3 games. Sure Denver has a pretty hot offense but our defense is built to DISMANTLE an offense like Denver.
When we face a good running team like Houston I think we might have some issues. Next week will be a good test of how good our team REALLY is.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't really played anyone very good either. Carolina 1-2, SF 1-2, Jacksonville 0-3

I think what is keeping us on top is the fact we have only given up 27 points in 3 games. Sure Denver has a pretty hot offense but our defense is built to DISMANTLE an offense like Denver.
When we face a good running team like Houston I think we might have some issues. Next week will be a good test of how good our team REALLY is.

As much as I dislike everything 49er, I really don't think you can say they are not very good and Carolina was less than 10 seconds away from being 2-1. This early in the season, records do not really show how good or bad a team is. Don't forget the Cardinals were 4-0 and ended up 5-11 last year.

I do agree that it is our defense that keeps the Hawks on top, Denver is scoring lots of points, but they have also given up more than 20 in each game.

Houston will be a good game to show if the Hawks really deserve the top spot or not.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The niners were considered a top 3 team at the time, and most media people picked them to beat us. I think the panthers are close to being a playoff team with their front 7 on D, if they can get Newton to play better.

For denver, the baltimore win was impressive but the giants and raiders are bottom 5 teams this year. Im looking forward to their first game against KC.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't we 4-4 to start the season last year? I would love to think we have it in the bag this year but its still just so early. All I care about is keeping our perfect record right now. I see no reason why this team isn't capable of going 16-0. Plus I want to see our defense put up all-time great stats. I really think we have a special unit that, when everything is said and done, might be one of, if not, THE best.