• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baby Millen got one right.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions CB Darius Slay has been named NFC Defensive Player of the Week for Week 5.

Slay may have single-handedly won the Lions the game against the Eagles. With under three minutes left in the fourth quarter, and the Eagles holding a lead trying to kill clock, Slay forced a fumble on Ryan Mathews that Detroit recovered to set up the game-winning field goal. On the Eagles' final play, Slay picked off Carson Wentz. Slay is currently PFF's No. 1 corner.

The Lions currently have a decent little core...
  • Darius Slay- 25
  • Ziggy- 27
  • Devin Taylor (?)- 26
  • Quin (Getting up there)- 30
  • Lawson (looked good at times)- 25

The rest of the guys I consider replaceable (Levy, Van Noy, Whitehead, Walker, Ngata and whoever plays the other safety position).

If Quinn can focus on defense the next draft, we could boast a formidable defense and possibly be contenders.

I think the Lions will be picking in that 10-15 range and won't have a shot at Peppers or Myles Garrett.

CBS has ....
  • Malik McDowell- DT Michigan State
  • Jamal Adams- SS LSU
  • Rueben Foster- ILB Alabama
  • Tim Williams- OLB Alabama
  • Raekwon McMillian- ILB Ohio State
I like the write up CBS did on Raekwon McMillian...

IN OUR VIEW: As a glass-eating, run-stuffing middle linebacker, McMillan is perfectly suited to traditional Big Ten football and may post the gaudy numbers this fall to actually win the Butkus Award as the nation's top linebacker (like he did in high school). If he is to continue Ohio State's legacy of first-round defenders, however, McMillan must convince scouts that he possesses the speed and playmaking ability to remain on the field on all three downs.

Which position do you guys view as in most dire need to upgrade now that we are almost a 1/3 of the way through the season and sitting at 2-3?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linebacker for sure, it has 1 player(Whitehead) that could start on a few teams, but every other LB on the Lions is a backup on every team in the NFL. Williams, I think, still has some long term potential. I would love to get Rueben Foster to start fixing the giant weakness.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBs. We need a whole set of them. We will need another DT as well, but I am saving that spot for Suh's return the year after next when Ngata leaves. Although Walker may not stay either so there may be 2 spots. It should be safe to drop Wallace Gilberry when Ziggy gets back. Our younger DEs are outplaying him.

I am OK with the Wilson at safety, but not thrilled. We have some younger guys that could turn out well too. Same with Lawson at CB. We defintely should get 1 more CB. Lawson is great in coverage but has horrible ball skills. I see 1 more WR make a catch against Lawson's ear hole I am going to scream. Dude is in the WRs shirt and still allows him to make the catch. Turn the fuck around and bat the ball away.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with Lawson at CB. We defintely should get 1 more CB. Lawson is great in coverage but has horrible ball skills. I see 1 more WR make a catch against Lawson's ear hole I am going to scream. Dude is in the WRs shirt and still allows him to make the catch. Turn the fuck around and bat the ball away.

Slay was doing that a lot his first year as well. He would be in the defenders hip pocket but never turned his head around. That is something Lawson should pick up with more experience. It's looks like he has enough talent to cover which is more important.

LBs. We need a whole set of them.

It would be nice if the Lions could find that star MLB somehow this next draft. It could really lift us to another level. Tulloch wasn't Patrick Willis or anything but he was VERY good on the Lions. Really missing him now.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to get Rueben Foster to start fixing the giant weakness.

Yeah, CBS has him rated as a mid first rounder as well.
I do get fearful of Bama players not quite living up to the hype but they do always recruit the top high school talent every year.

Dude has to be better than Van Noy at the least.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kid from State is losing draft points with each snap.

I would be happy with an offensive tackle or a defensive lineman. You will always reach the point where you can't pay everyone at those positions, so you have to keep them stockpiled. Find everything else from round 2 on.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guards too. Laken and Big Lar seem to not be getting much better. Although for some reason Laken was better at RG against A Donald then he was at LG against nobodies.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guards too. Laken and Big Lar seem to not be getting much better. Although for some reason Laken was better at RG against A Donald then he was at LG against nobodies.

I'm waiting to hold off on Guards till the middle rounds. Wouldn't mind seeing how Glasgow does. Didn't get any penalties at least today and Swanson had a couple nice blocks on the second level.

I'm ready for all defense this draft or Leonard Fournette and then all defense.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big hits aside, he has good tackling technique and vision. We passed on Ragland last year, but this kid looks better IMO. Definitely looks better in coverage. Not much in that video of him doing that but I have seen some bama games. He is very athletic and seems to be a complete player.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big hits aside, he has good tackling technique and vision. We passed on Ragland last year, but this kid looks better IMO. Definitely looks better in coverage. Not much in that video of him doing that but I have seen some bama games. He is very athletic and seems to be a complete player.

That or we can holdout hope of Levy returning lol

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both would be nice. Could move Whitehead to the outside too with Levy on the other and the rookie in the middle

We haven't had a great MLB since Speilman.