• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B12 Round Ball

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the West Virginia @ Iowa State game tonight. Had a little bit of Hilton Magic in the 2nd half to rally from a 13 point halftime deficit to a 4 point lead, but the Magic went back up in the rafters of Hilton and West Virginia pulled out a hard fought 6 point victory. Tough, physical, entertaining game. WVU will be a tough out in the NCAA Tournament.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needed that momentum win. Time to get smacked by Baylor Saturday.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked at the standings. Only Kansas and Baylor look tourney worthy...and Baylor farted a big blank in Cowtown recently.

Texas and Texas Tech are tied for 3rd at 9-8. WVU and OU are at 8-9 and TCU is 7-9. Five teams are wadded in there together. Finishing games...Texas host OSU, Texas Tech host Kansas, WVU hosts Baylor, OU is at TCU, TCU is at Kansas and hosts OU. So, more than likely, Texas finishes 10-8, Tech 9-9, WVU 8-10, and I have no idea on the OU-TCU game. OU would be 9-9 at best and TCU would be 8-10 at best. Now that I've said that, watch some crazy shit happen Saturday.

Anyhoo, do any of those five belong in the tourney? TCU looks the worst but I really don't see a lot of separation in the whole damn litter.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked at the standings. Only Kansas and Baylor look tourney worthy...and Baylor farted a big blank in Cowtown recently.

Texas and Texas Tech are tied for 3rd at 9-8. WVU and OU are at 8-9 and TCU is 7-9. Five teams are wadded in there together. Finishing games...Texas host OSU, Texas Tech host Kansas, WVU hosts Baylor, OU is at TCU, TCU is at Kansas and hosts OU. So, more than likely, Texas finishes 10-8, Tech 9-9, WVU 8-10, and I have no idea on the OU-TCU game. OU would be 9-9 at best and TCU would be 8-10 at best. Now that I've said that, watch some crazy shit happen Saturday.

Anyhoo, do any of those five belong in the tourney? TCU looks the worst but I really don't see a lot of separation in the whole damn litter.

Dammit if Texas makes it they won't be able to go for back-to-back NIT championships. :gaah:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s 27-7 Junior under 10 minutes in the first. WTF is Texas doing?

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s 27-7 Junior under 10 minutes in the first. WTF is Texas doing?
Losing. Bigly.

OU TT in the first round of the tourney.

OU has no business in the 64, and will get spanked in the NIT if they make it there.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing. Bigly.

OU TT in the first round of the tourney.

OU has no business in the 64, and will get spanked in the NIT if they make it there.

No we play you an you’ll spank us, a THIRD TIME.

An it’s WVU that has no business in the NCAA Tourney.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks that Ice got mono. We looked good early and look good now. Middle part of the season not so much. If Ice is healthy it's 21-10 instead of 17-14 and we're an opening round win from being off the bubble.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we play you an you’ll spank us, a THIRD TIME.

An it’s WVU that has no business in the NCAA Tourney.
From the looks of things lately, only Kansas belongs. Even they had a hard time with the Raiders Saturday.

Big 12 is about like the rest of the country this year. I have a feeling several "middling" teams are going to hit stride and end up going pretty far. There are so damn many of that type, some of 'em are bound to.

And having such a late run by teams like that is why the purist don't want to expand the CFP.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the looks of things lately, only Kansas belongs. Even they had a hard time with the Raiders Saturday.

Big 12 is about like the rest of the country this year. I have a feeling several "middling" teams are going to hit stride and end up going pretty far. There are so damn many of that type, some of 'em are bound to.

And having such a late run by teams like that is why the purist don't want to expand the CFP.

Agree on all points except one. I think Baylor belongs too. They are damn good, especially when they are hitting some shots.

I agree some teams in the middle will make a run to the elite 8 or something almost like that. (Sweet 16) Too manyyy middling teams for that not to happen.

Your last paragraph was stated perfectly by what Fred Hoiberg said after Nebraska lost buy 32 (giving up 107 points) to Minnesota today, the said something like “the season starts now, what happened before doesn’t matter. Just have to get hot and make a run.” He was right as are you.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on all points except one. I think Baylor belongs too. They are damn good, especially when they are hitting some shots.

I agree some teams in the middle will make a run to the elite 8 or something almost like that. (Sweet 16) Too manyyy middling teams for that not to happen.

Your last paragraph was stated perfectly by what Fred Hoiberg said after Nebraska lost buy 32 (giving up 107 points) to Minnesota today, the said something like “the season starts now, what happened before doesn’t matter. Just have to get hot and make a run.” He was right as are you.
No doubt Baylor has earned a spot over the course of the season. They've just picked a sorry time to hit their "funk" for lack of a better term. All teams go through them at some point IMO.

But, Baylor is good enough that they could also get out of the funk with a win or two.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Baylor has earned a spot over the course of the season. They've just picked a sorry time to hit their "funk" for lack of a better term. All teams go through them at some point IMO.

But, Baylor is good enough that they could also get out of the funk with a win or two.

Any thoughts on my boys? I have us losing to Oklahoma and then losing as an 8 seed to whichever 9 seed we play.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts on my boys? I have us losing to Oklahoma and then losing as an 8 seed to whichever 9 seed we play.
I not so sure about that. Sometimes your offense is on the struggle bus but damn you guys play hard. Same as Tech.

If I were coaching, I would absolutely hate to have to play against your guys or Tech. Those two teams will play hard all the time no matter what. And because they do, they are just a good offensive stretch from pulling out games.

Some of the other teams just seem to go through the motions if things are not going well for them. Those two, not at all.

Or at least that is the way it looks to me.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I not so sure about that. Sometimes your offense is on the struggle bus but damn you guys play hard. Same as Tech.

If I were coaching, I would absolutely hate to have to play against your guys or Tech. Those two teams will play hard all the time no matter what. And because they do, they are just a good offensive stretch from pulling out games.

Some of the other teams just seem to go through the motions if things are not going well for them. Those two, not at all.

Or at least that is the way it looks to me.

Love the optimism but our offense is awful. We try too many 3’s when we should be pounding it into Oscar and culver. An it’s not a bob huggins team if there isn’t a second half 5+ minute stretch scoring drought.