• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B10 predictions

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I dont know if Iowa needs to be consistently good on D to finish in the top 4. There arent very many temas in the B10 that are going to outscore Iowa if they play well on offense. Iowa needs to improve the D to win the B10. To finish top 4 I just really dont think they need too because they are so talented on the other end.

Agreed. Not sure if they'll pull it off, but I think they're the favorites for the 4 spot. You never know though, it always seems like there are 1 or 2 B1G teams that tear it up noncon (usually Minn and Illinois) then disappoint when conference play comes around.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Marble graduates. Does he? Please?

LOL, he does. Shit we scored 90+ yesterday and I think he had 5 points??? This team is a LOT more than Dev but the great thing about him is when he NEEDS to score 13 straight points to stem the tide he is more than capable of doing just that ( Xavier and ND this year already ) We dont even have Oglesby back yet ( although after last years performance that may be OK...)

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONLY problem I have with the Hawks this year is Frans incesant need to keep starting Woodbury. Its abundantly clear to everyone that Olaseni is a MUCH better player right now. More athletic, faster, better touch, better defender, better rebounder, Not sure why Fran keeps sticking with Adam other than just to keep his confidence up. On a sidenote Im pleased with the conference schedule this year. We get Wisky 2x, MSU 2x, OSU 2x, Michigan 2x, Minnesota 2x... All those teams are inside the top 40 in RPI right now so even if Iowa goes 11-7ish in the B10 our RPI ( 20 right now ) should stay in the 20's which should guarantee a NCAA bid. Part of the problem last year was we only played MSU 1x, Michigan 1x, OSU 1x so it was tough to boost our SOS while playing the Purdue/Penn St/Nebraskas of the world.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you want to survive the season with a few senses intact

you need to have an irreducible core of optimism...
surrounded by a thick, impenetrable shell of pessimism.

I'm steering the pessimist course for Izzo's squadron right now.
~ too many health issues - specifically: Harris' ankle and Paynes' foot...
~ too many head issues - specifically: Dawson's mood swings and Appling's recklessness...
I think Sparty struggles all season due to the temporary-or-permanent absence of any or all of those guys. I sure as shit hope I'm wrong.

1. Wisconsin
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan (- pessimism alert - ONLY if McGoofy stays healthy...we're talking 'back problems' here)
4. Iowa
5. Indiana
6. Michigan State
7. Minnesota
7. Penn State
7. Illinois
10. Purdue
10. Nebraska
10. Northwestern

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm skeptical. We needed someone who can own the paint, but we do not have it. It's nice having an athlete like Dekker. He reminds me Gordon Hayward. But what happens when we find a team that can run faster and do it for 4 quarters, and we can't slow the pace because they're killing us underneath and on the boards?

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What ForkEm means is "How bad do we lose when we play Iowa?"

:evil:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go ahead and throw my homer prediction in. I predict that Nebraska will pull off a couple surprising upsets at home this year. We've got a really young team, and they will have some rough games (like Creighton this week, for example) but they are way more talented and athletic than past Nebraska teams. On top of that, with our new team and arena, there's a buzz around the program like never before. We actually have a home court advantage in Lincoln for once, and teams will have a much tougher time coming in there. It for sure won't be an easy win all the time like it has been.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
51e7da54706d5.preview-620.jpg

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. Michigan- I dont like putting UM here at all as they have been a HUGE disappointment but they have talent. If they can figure out the PG position they should be OK but thats a big IF.
6. Minnesota- I like this team. They have some solid returning pieces and the they seem to be getting better unlike some of the other teams in the league.
7. Indiana- Again the Hoosiers have been wholly unimpressive and at times downright bad but the talent is there. Unlike UM the Hoosiers have a PG but they need to figure out how to make a shot further than 6 feet from the basket.
8. Nebraska- BIGGEST jumper in my ranking from my initial thoughts. This team is actually pretty damn alright. Could see them making a tourney run if things fall right and UM and IU cant get their shit together
9. PSU- The next 3 teams are all pretty much a tossup IMO. Nothing special about any of them so Ill go with the best player off of any of those teams, Tim Frazier, and take PSU.
10. Illinois- Read above and substitute Rayvonte Ricce for why Illini are ahead of Purdue.
11. Purdue- Eh, not much to say. They arent bad just not good.

OP was right on the money with the exception of highly underrating Illini who could end up in the top 5 for the Big 10 this year.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. Michigan- I dont like putting UM here at all as they have been a HUGE disappointment but they have talent. If they can figure out the PG position they should be OK but thats a big IF.
6. Minnesota- I like this team. They have some solid returning pieces and the they seem to be getting better unlike some of the other teams in the league.
7. Indiana- Again the Hoosiers have been wholly unimpressive and at times downright bad but the talent is there. Unlike UM the Hoosiers have a PG but they need to figure out how to make a shot further than 6 feet from the basket.
8. Nebraska- BIGGEST jumper in my ranking from my initial thoughts. This team is actually pretty damn alright. Could see them making a tourney run if things fall right and UM and IU cant get their shit together
9. PSU- The next 3 teams are all pretty much a tossup IMO. Nothing special about any of them so Ill go with the best player off of any of those teams, Tim Frazier, and take PSU.
10. Illinois- Read above and substitute Rayvonte Ricce for why Illini are ahead of Purdue.
11. Purdue- Eh, not much to say. They arent bad just not good.

OP was right on the money with the exception of highly underrating Illini who could end up in the top 5 for the Big 10 this year.

Im still not 100% sold on the Illini. AOT home win vs a very average Indiana a win over NW really dont tell me anything. Ill reserve judgement until they play a few upper echelon B10 teams BUT they do look better than I thought as of now.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gophers are tough if the Hollins are consistent.

Problem is they rain against shit teams and are off when needed.

Cuse and forsure Michigan are wins if those two had their heads on straight.

Gophers got a solid shot to finish 6th though.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin up 50 to 25 over Illinois so far in the first half. However they tend to fall asleep in the second half when they build big leads. The difference right now is Illinois is a two man show while 5 players for the Badgers are making major contributions.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is starting to put things together.. They could be ranked if they win their next two.. Especially the second game.. The problem is health at this time..

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still not 100% sold on the Illini. AOT home win vs a very average Indiana a win over NW really dont tell me anything. Ill reserve judgement until they play a few upper echelon B10 teams BUT they do look better than I thought as of now.

Yeah.... Illinois sucks, just like I thought :)

Midwest2k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think here's how we see it finish -

1a & 1b - Wisconsin and Ohio State: Both are really good teams. I'm disappointed we don't get them at home and only travel to Madison this season, where I think we'll lose. Both teams are very good defensively, especially at the PG position, and both could definitely make a run to the FF. Jackson needs to be a more consistent shooter at Wisconsin, and LQ Ross needs to build on the momentum from the last game and get his season started. I think these are the two teams we'll see in the B1G Tourney finale.

3. Michigan State - still a really good team. UNC is talented so an upset wasn't surprising, and this may be just what Sparty needed to get out of their fog. In the end, they are gonna only lose maybe 2-3 conference games IMO.

4. Iowa - Love this team. So much experience and a solid coach. They are doing it all on the offensive side, ranking in the top 7 nationally (!!!!) in points, rebounds and assists, which is unreal. This is going to be a very difficult team for anyone to beat, and I don't just mean in the B1G.

5. Minnesota - the Arkansas loss was surprising, but I think they'll bounce back. They have something good going up there right now.

6. Indiana - Talented but really missing Oladipo. They can rebound with the best of them, but clearly showed the disparity of experience in games vs. UConn (really should've won this one) and Syracuse.

7. Michigan - The wheels are officially coming off in AA. This team clearly isn't the same without Burke. Glen Rice is not the leader they envisioned, and McGary simply isn't getting it done at the offensive end, which may cost him dearly in the draft. Stauskas has looked great...until Duke. WTF was that?? Belein needs to rein in this mess before it is too far gone.

8-12 - Line them up however you want, I don't think any of them are going to the big dance.

Stick to your day job...and dont go near Vegas.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction

1. Michigan

999. Everyone else..

Yup...