• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Avi Lee and the playoffs

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d nominate Lee’s 40 minutes Saturday as one of his all-time empty stat lines. He flirted with a triple double, but all I can remember from his second half play are Sixers blowing by him for easy points in the lane. His banged-up shoulder may have impacted his offensive play, but there’s no excuse for the defense. Grabbing 16 rebounds is far less meaningful when Thaddeus Young gets the same number against you. I worry what a decently coached team will be able to do against David Lee over the course of a playoff series. There’s no way to know, since Lee’s never been there yet, but his errors on defense are so predictable that a Popovich or Karl should be able to draw him into them at will. He loses guys on the weak side cheating for rebounding position. He’s slow to rotate into the lane against penetration, if he rotates at all. Against a spread four, he rarely challenges shots. At his best, Lee does a ton of important things for this team. I just worry that the incompleteness in his game will only become a bigger issue as the quality of opponent and intensity of competition improves.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a paper at the Sloan Conference at MIT about interior defensive analytics. To save you from boredom and numbers, one of the takeaways is David Lee is dreadful, one of the worst in the league. So be proud that you figured out what the eggheads at MIT spent months analyzing.

BTW, its a good paper if you're into advanced metrics.

http://www.sloansportsconference.co...of Interior Defense Analytics for the NBA.pdf

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d nominate Lee’s 40 minutes Saturday as one of his all-time empty stat lines. He flirted with a triple double, but all I can remember from his second half play are Sixers blowing by him for easy points in the lane. His banged-up shoulder may have impacted his offensive play, but there’s no excuse for the defense. Grabbing 16 rebounds is far less meaningful when Thaddeus Young gets the same number against you. I worry what a decently coached team will be able to do against David Lee over the course of a playoff series. There’s no way to know, since Lee’s never been there yet, but his errors on defense are so predictable that a Popovich or Karl should be able to draw him into them at will. He loses guys on the weak side cheating for rebounding position. He’s slow to rotate into the lane against penetration, if he rotates at all. Against a spread four, he rarely challenges shots. At his best, Lee does a ton of important things for this team. I just worry that the incompleteness in his game will only become a bigger issue as the quality of opponent and intensity of competition improves.

You needn't worry; the Warriors will not make the playoffs.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You needn't worry; the Warriors will not make the playoffs.

Warriors fans can relax, Nolan throwing in the towel guarantees them a playoff spot.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors fans can relax, Nolan throwing in the towel guarantees them a playoff spot.

Indeed. What a sack of douche. Same as he ever was...at least he's banned from the G's board.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump. What an asshat.

Bwah ha! tweezil, your desperation is hilarious. Pissin on a quote that is over two months old. After all this time your cluelessness and whiny desperation still crack me up. Don't forget to wipe your labia and replace your tampon when you are finished