• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron (2015)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a different Quick Silver in the movies.

And how annoying is that... how can 2 movie franchises use the exact same comic book character and have them be SO DIFFERENT... and the movies have been relatively close to eachother in time... And the shame is that it was unnecessary to make the 2 portrayals so different...

Quicksilver and the scarlet witch are twins, but they were separated at some point during their childhood... it was just unnecessary and VERY annoying... Especially when he was one of EVERYONES favorite character in the X-Men movie...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again, IF avengers and X-Men can legally be intertwined(different movie franchises) using the twins is a perfect way... Although it is too bad they were not X-Men villains first...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly disappointed in how underwhelming Avengers: Age of Ultron was. There was a lot to like, but it fell well short of the greatness it could have (should have) been. Felt like a visual spectacle using the same recycled formula with relentless action sequences without any real build up or suspense. Also thought Ultron was nowhere near as menacing as the trailers indicated. Marvel continues to entertain with the best of en, but they lack a truly great villain in any of their films.

7.5/10 possibly a 8/10 gotta see it again to make that assessment

Personally I liked it, but it just felt like wow we waited 3 years for this?
Four thumbs up.... :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, I think they took notes from the criticism they received from people regarding the cookie cutter, personalityless bad guys and caved as a result. If there was ever to be a bad guy with no personality and whose sole purpose was destruction of humanity it was Ultron. By making him witty and smug they took away the terror factor as far as I'm concerned.

The fight scene at the end pretty much mirrored the NY fight scene, the Hawkeye family scenes was the studio catering to an upset Jeremy Renner and the Hulk/Black Widow love story seems meh.

I loved that they got pretty much everyone involved (why no Falcon for the final battle?). Tons of hinting at things only Marvel nerds would know, I like that they're setting up for the next phase and beyond. The Hulk/Hulkbuster fight scene was fantastic. There was plenty of humor, I liked that it wasn't set in LA or NYC. It was middle of the pack as far as the MCU goes.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly disappointed in how underwhelming Avengers: Age of Ultron was. There was a lot to like, but it fell well short of the greatness it could have (should have) been. Felt like a visual spectacle using the same recycled formula with relentless action sequences without any real build up or suspense. Also thought Ultron was nowhere near as menacing as the trailers indicated. Marvel continues to entertain with the best of en, but they lack a truly great villain in any of their films.

7.5/10 possibly a 8/10 gotta see it again to make that assessment

Personally I liked it, but it just felt like wow we waited 3 years for this?

So far Loki has been the only really good villain in terms of having a personality and being about more than just total annihilation.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched this in 3D IMAX a few days ago.

I really enjoyed the movie. I liked this movie better than previous Avengers movie. This was probably the second best film in this universe so far, behind only Winter Soldier.

The movie did a good job of setting up the next Captain American movie & furthering along the Thanos story line. The movie had just the right amount of humor.

9/10

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it. Highly entertaining. I did notice it not matching up with the X-Men franchise as I had just watched Days of Future Past a few days prior. It will also be interesting to see how the new Fantastic Four fits in...or doesn't.
*Also, we saw it in 3D and seeing the Star Wars trailer in 3D was fucking awesome!

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it. Highly entertaining. I did notice it not matching up with the X-Men franchise as I had just watched Days of Future Past a few days prior. It will also be interesting to see how the new Fantastic Four fits in...or doesn't.
*Also, we saw it in 3D and seeing the Star Wars trailer in 3D was fucking awesome!

That abortion called Fantastic Four, looked terrible. What they did with Thing, how they made the character look, is indefensible to me.

I don't know which will be worse, Ant Man or Fantastic Four. But I will at least give Ant Man a chance by going to see it.

For everyone asking, X-men & Avengers, right now, are two different universes.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That abortion called Fantastic Four, looked terrible. What they did with Thing, how they made the character look, is indefensible to me.

I don't know which will be worse, Ant Man or Fantastic Four. But I will at least give Ant Man a chance by going to see it.

FF looked bad but Ant Man looks promising. I may be clouded by the Rudd factor though. That guy is hilarious and Ant Man is supposed to be kind of sarcastic en sech.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FF looked bad but Ant Man looks promising. I may be clouded by the Rudd factor though. That guy is hilarious and Ant Man is supposed to be kind of sarcastic en sech.

I am not a Rudd fan, so that is likely clouding my initial judgement on Ant-Man. I also don't like that Hank Pym is not Ant-Man. I am a fan of the original story line for Ant-Man, not the re-imagined 1979 version.

But I am more than willing to give it a chance, I can't say the same for FF.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a Rudd fan, so that is likely clouding my initial judgement on Ant-Man. I also don't like that Hank Pym is not Ant-Man. I am a fan of the original story line for Ant-Man, not the re-imagined 1979 version.

But I am more than willing to give it a chance, I can't say the same for FF.
I agree on the Pym issue. I was not happy to hear that one. I think it's a mistake on the part of Marvel Films, of which they have made few up to this point.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know nothing about the Non Hank Pym Ant man... might be a good thing when watching the movie, since I am not familiar with the stories...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an FYI, X-Men, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man are all a completely different studio and therefore universe from the Avengers and the related characters. They have nothing to do with one another as Disney (who makes Avengers, Guardians, etc.) does not have the rights to X-Men, FF and Spidey.

Although, luckily I believe Sony and Disney have a deal in place so that Spider-Man will likely appear in the Civil War story arc and then hopefully Disney can buy it outright to do the character some justice.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an FYI, X-Men, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man are all a completely different studio and therefore universe from the Avengers and the related characters. They have nothing to do with one another as Disney (who makes Avengers, Guardians, etc.) does not have the rights to X-Men, FF and Spidey.

Although, luckily I believe Sony and Disney have a deal in place so that Spider-Man will likely appear in the Civil War story arc and then hopefully Disney can buy it outright to do the character some justice.

That's fine, but these movie franchises should realize that portraying the same character in totally different ways is just going to confuse and anger people... it is very easy to avoid this...

Here is my question though... IF they can not connect the X-Men movie universe with the Disney marvel universe, what is the point of BRINGING in characters that they intend to make more movies with if they can not explore their backrounds??? And then what is the point if they HAVE TO CHANGE it...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this a few days ago. I'd probably only put it behind Avengers 1 and Winter Solider as far as Marvel films go. Solid all the way through, just a bit anticlimactic how Ultron was defeated. I've heard the original cut was 3.5 hours long so I'll have to check out the bluray to see all that. Definitely felt like this movie could have been longer which is the opposite of how I usually feel about these sorts of films.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The guy they got to play the Thing makes about as much sense as when they got Eric Foreman to play Eddie Brock. Plus, you're right. The CGI Thing looks like something that came out of Bob Saget's asshole.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it tonight.

1) I was not expecting the Quicksilver thing. I assume they will "fix" it, though. Maybe Tahiti is the answer. They will be doing an InHuman movie, so maybe that will be the tie-in.

2) I got a kick out of the Hawkeye family story. I saw the movie with my nephew, and when his wife came out, I said "I had no idea she was in this." My nephew said "What?" And I told him that I graduated high school with the wife. He looked at me with his jaw on the floor. I said "Seriously." It is fun that little things like that can still impress my nephew.

3) They did not have to make a big deal about it, but having a quick T'Challa cameo would have been nice. They were in his kingdom, after all.

4) I am still not a fan of making Ultron a Stark creation. They are trying erase Pym from the entire universe, it seams.

5) While I enjoyed the humor at the time, it was too infantile to hold for the long run. "Good chat." "No it wasn't". Funny, but it just feast out of place. However, I REALLY liked the banter between Thor, Stark and Rogers. It really had a feeling of 3 good friends just giving each other constant shit.

6) It looks like they are setting up a Hulk World movie, but I do not see one on the schedule for Phase 3. Will they just shelve the character for a few years at this point?

7) Thanos will be the big baddie for Phase 3 and he will likely be the bridge that brings the Guardians to the Avengers. However, will we see Kang? I am thinking he will be the baddie in Avengers 4? Captain Marvel will be the movie between A3 and A4, so it would make sense for Thanos in A3 and Kang in A4.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it tonight.

1) I was not expecting the Quicksilver thing. I assume they will "fix" it, though. Maybe Tahiti is the answer. They will be doing an InHuman movie, so maybe that will be the tie-in.

I hope not, and I don't think they will. Marvel needs someone to die permanently to give the audience some sort of tension. If you just keep bringing characters back after you pull the bait and switch on the audience (Nick Fury, Agent Coulson, etc) we learn not to believe you and the weight of the death is lost.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just realized that Quicksilver was played by Kickass... you know, from Kickass.

5a4f828be77bb92da104426a9fd29d248f46dfc7.jpeg

TheRedPlectrum

and you are?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it tonight.

I don't think they will. There is already a different Quicksilver in the X-Men universe. The twins are the children of Magneto, but Marvel/Disney isn't allowed to say that, or even say the word mutant (seriously). They were only allowed to use them in the movie because they were members of the Avengers in the comics. They probably don't want two separate Quicksilvers existing and confusing the fans, so they let X-Men have him, and will continue with the Scarlet Witch going forward.