• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Austin Davis experiment should be over now

RamsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Davis is just not a NFL caliber QB, we should go to Shaun Hill.

In consecutive series this is what he did that cost the Rams this game against the Cardinals :

Had a wide open Steadman Bailey and couldn't deliver the pass to him and then the Cardinals go down the field and score the go ahead TD.

Next drive, throws an INT right to Patrick Peterson then the Rams hold the Cardinals and force them to punt.

After punt, he throws high to Kenny Britt on what should have been a pass on the numbers and Britt tips it and Peterson makes a good INT and returns it for TD.

Then on next drive, he holds the ball too long and then the ball is knocked out of his hand and returned for TD.

We have to face the facts, there was a reason that he was an undrafted QB and he is just not an NFL QB. It is time to go to Shaun Hill and see if we can win some games at the end of the year.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is pick 6 central....every game there is some type of int that is ran back for a TD. Yes the experiment is over as teams have tape on him but adjustments haven't been made. The oline is shit yes but there are too many times where he is holding on to the ball too long, often staring down WR's which leads to INT's. It's one thing to make a couple of mistakes early on but the same mistakes are being made every game. EVERY GAME without being corrected! The season is over anyway so it doesn't matter who starts now i guess. I'm just hoping that the entire FO gets the boot at the end of the season.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh Shaun hill want great how about the othe dude...then again that line was shitty again tonight

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, definitely convinced now that we're drafting a QB in the first. I still hope he does well but he has regressed.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh Shaun hill want great how about the othe dude...then again that line was shitty again tonight

Case Keenum? Didn't we get rid of him about a week or two ago?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has also played 4 of the better defenses in the league his past 5 games. It's not like he's playing against powder puffs out there.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sense going to Hill

He's no better anyways. Better off keeping Davis in and riding out the rest of the season. Maybe he figures a thing or two out and improves.

He has faced some very tough defenses these past 4 weeks. And Schotty's offense doesn't help either. It's way too predictable.

Why in the world they aren't running 10-15 screen plays with Tavon every week is just baffling. He is being completely under-utilized in Schotty's offense.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha, was thinking he had signed onto another teams practice squad for some reason.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... Benching Davis won't solve any problems. Starting Hill won't make us any better and Davis is better than Hill.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Davis is just not a NFL caliber QB, we should go to Shaun Hill.

In consecutive series this is what he did that cost the Rams this game against the Cardinals :

Had a wide open Steadman Bailey and couldn't deliver the pass to him and then the Cardinals go down the field and score the go ahead TD.

Next drive, throws an INT right to Patrick Peterson then the Rams hold the Cardinals and force them to punt.

After punt, he throws high to Kenny Britt on what should have been a pass on the numbers and Britt tips it and Peterson makes a good INT and returns it for TD.

Then on next drive, he holds the ball too long and then the ball is knocked out of his hand and returned for TD.

We have to face the facts, there was a reason that he was an undrafted QB and he is just not an NFL QB. It is time to go to Shaun Hill and see if we can win some games at the end of the year.

absolutely not!

Shaun"over the" Hill sucks, if he would have been in any of these games he would already be hurt and out for the year? If you remember he got hurt on his last pass of the first half against Minnesota, which was an interception in Ram territory that gave Minnesota a 13-0 lead instead of only being down 6-0 at halftime.

I guess maybe the Saints should bench Brees since he threw 2 interceptions and had a fumble in OT that directly lead to a loss. I'm not saying Davis is anywhere near a Drew Brees, but shit happens. If you look at every game every weekend you would see these games happen fairly often.

Davis has had some bad games and made some poor decisions, but as with Bradford, his coaches suck, his oline sucks, and his WR aren't consistently getting open. Now I never liked Bradford, but at least Davis shows emotion and takes chances, maybe some of those chances are ill advised, but without taking chances this team is incapable of doing anything.

One interception was totally his fault, the other one that was topped was a bad throw, but a pretty dam good pick by Peterson. And as others have said, Davis has been going up against some pretty dam good defenses. Arizona is good, but I think we can beat them at home, Davis will have some more bad games, but I'm positive he would have more good games than Shaun Hill.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all in with Davis to close out the season.

If you didn't think all along that this was going to be part of the equation well I don't know what to tell you.

Davis has been inclined to turn the ball over since he took over the starting QB spot and we actually over came it a few times.

That said, we just faced, I believe, the best team in the league on the positive side of +/- turnovers. They actually give up a lot of yards through the air but they pick the ball off like nobody's business and also force fumbles.

Unfortunately, in this one, we got to see the young Davis do both, giving up the Pick 6 and the Scoop 6.

RamsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After such a good defensive effort and last week as well, it just seems like a waste to have Davis there missing wide open receivers, over throwing short passes and holding the ball too long.

He just doesn't play like a starting NFL QB and he had a few good games earlier this year but now defensive coordinators have enough tape on him that they know what to do to confuse him.

If the Rams want to win a few more games this year then make the switch to Hill but if they just want to pack it in for the rest of the season then just keep playing Davis and watch the losses pile up.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season was a wash since the Minnesota game. The team is constantly ill prepared and under performs on offense. It's pretty much a lock that the lambs will not score any more points beyond half time. Seems pretty easy if I'm a HC, sit back relax and watch the rams fuck up like they always do. Yep its easy playing the door mat of the nfl.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermaine, I believe it was the highly touted 49ers offense playing at home, in our game prior to this, that didn't score in the 2nd half and not our Rams! So there's that!

Hey, we all knew this 8 game stretch would be tough and so far we are 2-2 beating the Champs and 49ers. Honestly, considering everything, I think we are ahead of the curve.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just sayin... :whistle:

*Originally posted back on Sept. 18th...*
I'm not trying to convince anyone that Austin Davis is "garbage". I just think he's exactly what his roster standing says he is. A 3rd string QB. I honestly liked what I saw out of him. But, I wasn't blown away. It's nice to know he can play like that in a pinch. But, I don't think he's the guy for full time duty. Of course, that's just my opinion. Had he thrown for 300+ and a couple TDs, even in a loss, I might be as enamored as everybody else seems to be. Simply managing to "not lose"... not so much. Granted, If he were the only option, I'd feel somewhat comfortable about him taking the reins after his performance last weekend.

We'll see how he does against Dallas. Far as I know, he's going to get the starting nod and I'm cool with that. I hope I'm dead wrong and he shines (like, REALLY shines. Not just get by). I'll even clean a great big platter for a heaping helping of the best tasting crow I've ever tasted.

People are talking like the mere thought of starting Hill again is absurd. I think some fans are so desperate for a win that they're losing sight of the big picture. That's when you start to see comments blindly comparing Davis' performance to that of a Pro Bowler. To me, desperately clinging to a 3rd string QB this early on is akin to throwing in the towel on the season. It's basically saying "Well... we're done. May as well develop some talent and evaluate for 2015.". Maybe if it were later in the season, I'd be be more okay with that. But, growing pains are for practice. We don't really want a guy out there learning on the job, when we've got someone with a boatload of NFL experience on hand. With this offense, we want the guy who's gonna make the fewest mistakes. No?

All I'm saying is this... be careful about hitching your wagon full of the hopes and dreams of a franchise QB and the future of the team to this guy. It could save you a lot of heartache down the road.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermaine, I believe it was the highly touted 49ers offense playing at home, in our game prior to this, that didn't score in the 2nd half and not our Rams! So there's that!

Hey, we all knew this 8 game stretch would be tough and so far we are 2-2 beating the Champs and 49ers. Honestly, considering everything, I think we are ahead of the curve.

That's the view from 100 ft, but the close-up for Rams fans is that they're losing winable games, regardless of the opponent. To lead the Cardinals through 3 quarters and knock out the starting QB, only to allow the back up to throw a TD bomb and give up 2 defensive TDs isn't ahead of the curve by any stretch. QB play has to improve, especially by limiting the killer turnovers.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just sayin... :whistle:

*Originally posted back on Sept. 18th...*

I know what you are trying to say, but I don't think our record would be any different with Hill in there, in fact it might be worse. Plus the fact, I don't think Hill would still be standing after being hit as much as Davis has, I really don't think Hill would have made it this far in the season without already going down with an injury, he is not mobile, and after that Minnesota game, I don't see where his so called decision making is any better than Davis!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the view from 100 ft, but the close-up for Rams fans is that they're losing winable games, regardless of the opponent. To lead the Cardinals through 3 quarters and knock out the starting QB, only to allow the back up to throw a TD bomb and give up 2 defensive TDs isn't ahead of the curve by any stretch. QB play has to improve, especially by limiting the killer turnovers.

I agree with you Shop, but at the same time if Shotty would quit going away from what has been working when they do have the lead, maybe we would have bigger leads, so that when the defense does give up a big play we would still be ahead and not "have" to force things late, especially with a young QB.