• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Audio released from Bo's Lincoln North team meeting

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
World Herald got a quote from TO saying that he wasn't forced out. I doubt anyone believed that anyways, but he was quick to stamp on that idea.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
World Herald got a quote from TO saying that he wasn't forced out. I doubt anyone believed that anyways, but he was quick to stamp on that idea.

TO is too professional to admit it even if he was forced out.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't believe it for a second when Bo tried to push that poison on his (ex) team.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Osborne came back in 2007, it was said that this is temporary and he wouldn't be the AD long. I was actually surprised he stayed as long as he did. Why would anyone even remotely believe he was forced out? Just stupid!!

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, um, Bo Pelini is not a smart man. Also, you know, um, immature and unprofessional.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo operates on the theory of Divide and Conquer.

It has moments of success, but eventually collapses.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And YOU get a whale trophy.. and YOU get a whale trophy.. and you over there, YOU get a whale trophy

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that gets me is that you know that's the way Bo talked to the players for the past 7 years.

Not that I think swearing is bad or anything, but the way Bo talks around the guys who should look up to him is really weird and sickening. Calling the AD a ****.......comon'....that's weird.

I could sense some weird shit was going on when a former player told me that Bo not only allowed but encouraged the kids to chew tobacco during practice.

You can't get all the guys in that locker room on board with that kind of culture. That's why one of his own kids recorded him.......because they don't trust him.

Some of the kids will love it, and some won't. Too much division. Too much uncertainty. This is why we always looked to be not on the same page.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about teaching core values and implying morals and all that.......and then you build that kind of culture. Like some "we're all a bunch of tough bull-riding cowboys and we'll beat your ass if you look at us the wrong way" kind of culture.

I'd bet at least half the kids were not on board with that. That's why we couldn't win the big games.

Imagine playing a team like Ohio State and you're looking at their well-oiled machine of a product out there on the field and then you're thinking to yourself......"we chew tobacco in practice." The smart kids would just simply have to be unsure.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How awkward is it for Kaz walking around the offices today? That dude can go pound sand with Bo in Youngstown as well.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also like to just say this.....

I think we can go ahead and stop calling this the most intelligent fanbase in America. I've heard some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard in my life these past 15 hours or so.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we can go ahead and stop calling this the most intelligent fanbase in America. I've heard some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard in my life these past 15 hours or so.

I had already stopped saying that many many years ago!!!!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing there is a little bit of one sided bias there. Sour grapes of you will. Not all of it, but a lot of it.
Did the AD have locker room conversations secretly recorded? If he did then that man seems very insecure about his job.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. He records all the high schools just in case someone says something about him.

Go away troll.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong no response is a stronger message then making any type of statement and I'm not as old as you think. Pelini is gone and no longer part of Nebraska football program so his statement needs no response. That statement just helps stir the pot and gives the media and that scum bag who recorded it more juice. It also tells me a little bit more about the type of People Ecihorst and Perlman are
-------
I'd agree except we are talking about college football and in particular how the "former" coached slammed just about everyone but his wife. Someone (or someones) released the tape and it's my hope it's some of the current players who realized that "Little Bo Poop" was doing everything till his bitter end to try and defend himself.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of players decided to record it.

Why? Probably the same reason the players were stealing bikes and pawning them for cash last offseason. They had a guy who they didn't trust as their leader, and because of that they too became shady characters.

Only a shady ass dude would go in there and record that knowing what would come from it. Only a shady ass dude would steal other students bikes on campus, sell them, and then go sit with them in class the next day.

Those kids were led down that path by their leader......a shady ass dude.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of players decided to record it.

Why? Probably the same reason the players were stealing bikes and pawning them for cash last offseason. They had a guy who they didn't trust as their leader, and because of that they too became shady characters.

Only a shady ass dude would go in there and record that knowing what would come from it. Only a shady ass dude would steal other students bikes on campus, sell them, and then go sit with them in class the next day.

Those kids were led down that path by their leader......a shady ass dude.
-------
I'm by no means an advocate of taping meetings...but there might be much more of a positive outcome from the "tape" than is obvious. If it was some players and they are back here next year, then maybe Riley won't have as difficult of a problem getting kids to by into his program. Simply because some (how many?) of the current players were already tired of Bo's bullshit.

GBR