• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At the Welcome Back Packer Luncheon today McCarthy talked about the defense

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each year the Green Bay Chamber of Commerce holds the annual Welcome Back Packer Luncheon in the atrium of the stadium. There are roughly 110 tables set up with space for 9 fans per table and one Packer player or coach. This allows fans each year to get to eat lunch with the Packers or coaches and talk and ask questions.

I had at my table Micha Hyde the rookie and he seems like a real down to earth guy. His home town is near Cleveland and was golfing with friends when he was called by Green Bay telling him he was drafted. He was with a group of friends and he said they freaked out and started throwing golf balls in the water hole next to fairway they were on and tossed a few clubs and just drove off during the middle of the round to go celebrate. He said he never had a favorite Pro team growing up because his choices were Cincy and Cleveland. He would have loved to go to the Ohio State but they didn't want him but Iowa did.

McCarthy got up and spoke to the crowd and especially talked about the defense and said they look good and is very happy with the changes and improvements that have made. I look forward to seeing just how improved they are.

Hyde at lunch

Matthews at the table next to me

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed this link on the Packer home page with some neat pictures done by the Packer photographer at the Welcome Back Packer Luncheon. Click the link for some interesting views

2013 Welcome Back Packers Luncheon

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed in the slide show that half the players are dressed nicely - coat and tie - and the other half were wearing those gay headbands and whatnot. What's the story behind the America-themed outfits for only half the players?

Looked like a really cool event though - I'm jealous!

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed in the slide show that half the players are dressed nicely - coat and tie - and the other half were wearing those gay headbands and whatnot. What's the story behind the America-themed outfits for only half the players?

"Themed outfits" appear to be some of the OL, Rodgers and Kuhn.

Rodgers and Kuhn are known to pull pranks on one another, did not surprise me that both are dressed the same. Would be curious to know if Bakhtiari, Newhouse and Barclay and other OL had same outfit... (EDS, Sitton and Lang I beleive did have the outfits).

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looked like a really cool event though - I'm jealous!

Not exactly sure on why Rodgers and a few others were dressed like that. Some thoughts were the Harley 110th party started in Milwaukee yesterday and maybe it was related to that but there were only 4 or 5 dressed like that. Pretty much those you saw in the slide show the rest were dressed up

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each year the Green Bay Chamber of Commerce holds the annual Welcome Back Packer Luncheon in the atrium of the stadium. There are roughly 110 tables set up with space for 9 fans per table and one Packer player or coach. This allows fans each year to get to eat lunch with the Packers or coaches and talk and ask questions.

I had at my table Micha Hyde the rookie and he seems like a real down to earth guy. His home town is near Cleveland and was golfing with friends when he was called by Green Bay telling him he was drafted. He was with a group of friends and he said they freaked out and started throwing golf balls in the water hole next to fairway they were on and tossed a few clubs and just drove off during the middle of the round to go celebrate. He said he never had a favorite Pro team growing up because his choices were Cincy and Cleveland. He would have loved to go to the Ohio State but they didn't want him but Iowa did.

McCarthy got up and spoke to the crowd and especially talked about the defense and said they look good and is very happy with the changes and improvements that have made. I look forward to seeing just how improved they are.

Hyde at lunch

Matthews at the table next to me

Thats awesome man. Good story to tell in the bar sometime as Hyde is getting a pick 6:suds:

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats awesome man. Good story to tell in the bar sometime as Hyde is getting a pick 6:suds:

I was out tonight at dinner in a place that had the game on tv and hyde made a few plays and said hey I had lunch with that guy yesterday but had to get my phone out to show it lol

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great thread! So did the players all seem to be having a good time with it?