• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Astros humiliate Pettite & Yankees...Sox lead grows to 3

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word

people cant do things without alterior motives though

maybe he was thinking that even if he could scrape by for one more year, he could deal with all the bullshit for the other players who want to come out.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the one really making a big deal about it though. Him or the idiots (like the red sox and espn) for "celebrating" it and making such a spectacle of it.

Again, I dont doubt that he is not looking to profit from this. But it does take some courage, maybe not on a public level but in his personal life. And I am in no way one to glorify him for it.

Just saying, your vindicating him for the actions of the moronic media

EVERY fucking media outlet in the country is tripping over themselves to glorify this guys "courage"...

and I disagree...it takes courage, real courage, for a 16 year old HS Junior to come out...it takes real courage for someone of faith to espouse their beliefs in the face of publicly acceptable religious bigotry and mocking...

It doesn't take courage to do something that you KNOW there will be no negative repercussions from your decision...he only benefits from this "courageous" act...

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe he was thinking that even if he could scrape by for one more year, he could deal with all the bullshit for the other players who want to come out.

Could be 100% correct

I think everyone is just jumping to conclusions because thats the way of the world now. Nobody can do anything that is not self serving.

Im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until otherwise ... because truly I dont care lol, the guy is gay, there are tons of gays in the world. Not sure why people expect there to be a difference when it comes to athletes (just like some of them are alcoholics, criminals, ...)

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do u understand that he can't both be a navy seal AND a mercenary?

perhaps the term "mercenary" i used

his sole job was to pick off targets in covert and sensitive high level ops

our govt doesnt tend to celebrate that, no matter whos at the helm

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERY fucking media outlet in the country is tripping over themselves to glorify this guys "courage"...

and I disagree...it takes courage, real courage, for a 16 year old HS Junior to come out...it takes real courage for someone of faith to espouse their beliefs in the face of publicly acceptable religious bigotry and mocking...

It doesn't take courage to do something that you KNOW there will be no negative repercussions from your decision...he only benefits from this "courageous" act...

But there are negative repercussions in the form of bigotry and mocking.

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You should just end at you "disagree" ... because everything else you're adding to your post is just assumptions and hyperbole.

You're just as bad as the media over-glorifying it, but overly-objecting to them on it. Like with most subjects

As I said, to some he may very well be a hero. To some he's a disgarce. To some (like me) its a total non-story.

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That doesnt affect Down and he wont be able to see that Cowboy, so its not an issue and therefore doesnt apply

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a joke, Dirt.... To cheer you up...

Two guys walk into a bar....

And watch Andy Pettitte get lit up by the Astros!

:laugh3:

Last edited by a moderator:

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be 100% correct

I think everyone is just jumping to conclusions because thats the way of the world now. Nobody can do anything that is not self serving.

Im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until otherwise ... because truly I dont care lol, the guy is gay, there are tons of gays in the world. Not sure why people expect there to be a difference when it comes to athletes (just like some of them are alcoholics, criminals, ...)

I agree, and based on percentages, there is probably somebody in this group who is gay.

NOT IT!!!

gener8tr

Viva El Gordo!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do most people really care one way of the other any longer about this sort of thing?

If the media wasn't making such a big deal about it (because that's what the media does), this would be a non-story.

It's not as though the dude discovered the cure for cancer, or on the other side of the spectrum, detinated two bombs in Boston.

WAY too much being made about this, both pro and con.

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and based on percentages, there is probably somebody in this group who is gay.

NOT IT!!!

LMAO ... though often the victim of Blades jokes. Im not a gay either

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL...in this day an age? It's a hate crime...

"oh no!!! an anonymous twitter handle called me a fag...OH NOOOO!!!!"

As much as Obama and the dems want to paint it as such? This isn't the 1950's anymore...in this day an age? This guy will be deified...he'll benefit FAR more than he'll be troubled by it...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Close...but it was at the end of the game that there were only 2 guys at stans last night...

"Should we close now"

~ Dirt around 9pm last night

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

10000 fucking percent

The books, the interviews, the money, is what it's all about

He comes out 10 years ago, when he is truly risking something? Different story

Comes out at the end of his playing days to assure he becomes a historical figure?

Fuck him and the cock he rode in on

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As much as Obama and the dems want to paint it as such? This isn't the 1950's anymore...in this day an age? This guy will be deified...he'll benefit FAR more than he'll be troubled by it...

Spend a lot of time walking in the shoes of a gay man, have ya?

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It seems that the people bashing him are more emotional than those praising him. You guys seem extremely passionate for what you consider a non-issue,

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10000 fucking percent

The books, the interviews, the money, is what it's all about

He comes out 10 years ago, when he is truly risking something? Different story

Comes out at the end of his playing days to assure he becomes a historical figure?

Fuck him and the cock he rode in on

its a good point

i mean, you picturing a dude riding cock is good enough

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should just end at you "disagree" ... because everything else you're adding to your post is just assumptions and hyperbole.

You're just as bad as the media over-glorifying it, but overly-objecting to them on it. Like with most subjects

As I said, to some he may very well be a hero. To some he's a disgarce. To some (like me) its a total non-story.

I wouldn't call him a disgrace...not by any stretch...but a hero?

Laughable...Again, he benefits FAR more than not from this....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

another NY team is about to end the season of another Boston team