• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Armond Armstead drawing interest from NFL teams

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Chappell:

GM Ryan Grigson said team is pursuing 6-5, 300-pound Armon Armstead. Former-USC standout was CFL all-star with Toronto Argonauts.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Reiss:

Patriots sign DL Armond Armstead, formerly of USC & CFL, per sources. Adam Schefter previously noted he's equivalent of solid draft pick.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Armstead have to go through the draft first and was undrafted? I assume everyone who wants to play professionally tries to get in the NFL, but what if someone went directly from college to the CFL without going through the draft. Would they then have to register for the NFL draft if they wanted to go to the NFL? I would assume so, because a year or two in the CFL might be worth going to the team of your choice afterwards, but with injuries and the money it probably isn't worth it. Or if a college football player went to the MLB first, he'd have to go through the NFL draft before getting into the NFL, right? Though he could wait out a year in which he thinks his team won't pick him. It's too convoluted with too many factors needing to go right, I was just wondering. Sounds like me, right?