• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona's Corbin to the DL....

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't like seeing injuries...but this will leave a mark if he has Tommy John as first reported...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we've been saying this all offseason. For any team in the NL West looking to compete with the Dodgers, the room for error is very slim. This is not a good start for the D-Backs.

We'll probably be seeing Archie Bradley sooner than we anticipated, or they may look outside at a pitcher.

On a side note, this is the second big pitcher to go down to TJ so far. It seems like this is a more common occurrence over recent years, but I actually wonder if people are just recommending it more now that it's a perfected operation.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we've been saying this all offseason. For any team in the NL West looking to compete with the Dodgers, the room for error is very slim. This is not a good start for the D-Backs.

We'll probably be seeing Archie Bradley sooner than we anticipated, or they may look outside at a pitcher.

On a side note, this is the second big pitcher to go down to TJ so far. It seems like this is a more common occurrence over recent years, but I actually wonder if people are just recommending it more now that it's a perfected operation.

That is a GREAT point. However, how quick is an org likely to go that route with the 12+ month recovery time needed? They were talking about this during the radio broadcast today, and Kruk said he thinks it comes from pitchers having multiple FBs in their repertoire as well as kids throwing breaking pitches too early.

I tend to think it is the year-round conditioning that forces pitchers to constantly push their arms to the limit and beyond without any down time. But I hardly played and am just about as opposite a doctor as possible, so my $0.02 isn't worth the paper it is written on.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge loss for AZ. However I still think we can compete for second. I do think LA is the favorite (obviously) but 2-5 is probably up for grabs. (I'm leaning towards SF and AZ battling for second, and SD/CO finishing 4 and 5.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge loss for AZ. However I still think we can compete for second. I do think LA is the favorite (obviously) but 2-5 is probably up for grabs. (I'm leaning towards SF and AZ battling for second, and SD/CO finishing 4 and 5.

Don't fall asleep on SD. I do not think they will win the division, but they might have 83-85 wins in them...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a GREAT point. However, how quick is an org likely to go that route with the 12+ month recovery time needed? They were talking about this during the radio broadcast today, and Kruk said he thinks it comes from pitchers having multiple FBs in their repertoire as well as kids throwing breaking pitches too early.

I tend to think it is the year-round conditioning that forces pitchers to constantly push their arms to the limit and beyond without any down time. But I hardly played and am just about as opposite a doctor as possible, so my $0.02 isn't worth the paper it is written on.

Well, guys are also coming back stronger than ever post-surgery. Despite the 12-ish month recovery, I think teams are willing to sacrifice the year of being without a guy, where they can prepare for it a but more, rather than an injury-riddled campaign and a risk of permanent damage. Maybe.