• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona Fall League

TKellion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Belt: .392/.449/.658 --- OPS: 1.108, 79 ABs, 8 2Bs, 5 3Bs, 1 HR, 9/21 BB/K, 1/3 SBs
Gillaspie: .314/.359/.614 --- OPS: .973, 70 ABs, 6 2Bs, 0 3Bs, 5 HRs, 4/5 BB/K, 1/1 SB
Culberson: .378/.411/.611 --- OPS: 1.022, 90 ABs, 11 2Bs, 2 3Bs, 2 HRs, 5/21 BB/K, 1/3 SBs

Also of note Ryan Verdugo, Giants 23 year old RP prospect, leads the league in Ks, what's interesting is that he's been starting in the AFL

Ryan Verdugo: 6/6 G/GS, 19 IP, 5 ERs (2.37 ERA), 17 Hits/15 BBs (1.68 WHIP), 25 Ks

Also also Dan Runzler has joined the league and tossed 3 scoreless/hitless innings while striking out 3 and walking one
__________________The future looks bright with Belt,Culberson and Gillaspie.With a future infield of C Posey 1B Belt 2B Culberson 3B Gillaspie SS Brandon Crawford(hoping he can maintain consistency at the plate).We need some OFers for the future.Neal,Kieschnick,Ford,Peguero and Perez are uninspiring and Rafael Rodriguez is still years away.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get more and more excited about Belt each time we talk about him. I can't wait to see what he can do in the San Fran lineup.

Gillaspie had a GREAT AFL, but it is a SSS league, so how much can you really take from it?

Culberson, I think, has by-passed Noonan on the prospect list with his play this season and his AFL play. Apparently the scouts like what they see from this kid as well. I could see him forcing Franchez to play for his favorite team next year (the Doggies).

We have Parker, Brown and Jones all added to the OF ranks in this past years draft, so that REALLY adds some quality depth to the position. I am also not ready to give up on Neal or Peguero yet. Kieschnick has fallen a bit, and I think Ford is Donnell Nixon without the bat. Perez has a bat, but I am not sure he will progress enough to even get a cup of coffee. RafRod is still way too raw to even comment on.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get more and more excited about Belt each time we talk about him. I can't wait to see what he can do in the San Fran lineup.

Gillaspie had a GREAT AFL, but it is a SSS league, so how much can you really take from it?

Culberson, I think, has by-passed Noonan on the prospect list with his play this season and his AFL play. Apparently the scouts like what they see from this kid as well. I could see him forcing Franchez to play for his favorite team next year (the Doggies).

We have Parker, Brown and Jones all added to the OF ranks in this past years draft, so that REALLY adds some quality depth to the position. I am also not ready to give up on Neal or Peguero yet. Kieschnick has fallen a bit, and I think Ford is Donnell Nixon without the bat. Perez has a bat, but I am not sure he will progress enough to even get a cup of coffee. RafRod is still way too raw to even comment on.

I don't think Neal will ever turn into a superstar, but I could see him as a .280/.340/.500 20HR OF. And Brown should move along quickly based on his defense and speed alone.

Also, I don't see how you could give up on Peguero already? He is coming off a career year and is only 22. He is 'toolsy', but he really needs to improve his patience at the plate and base running, but he certainly has the talent to succede.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Neal will ever turn into a superstar, but I could see him as a .280/.340/.500 20HR OF. And Brown should move along quickly based on his defense and speed alone.

Also, I don't see how you could give up on Peguero already? He is coming off a career year and is only 22. He is 'toolsy', but he really needs to improve his patience at the plate and base running, but he certainly has the talent to succede.

I said I am NOT ready to give up on Neal or Peguero...

However, I am not as high on Peguero as I was before this years draft. For the team to pick CFs in the first 2 rounds, both at the same age as Peguero, tells me they are not completely sold on the kid. Round-about logic, I know, but those are the kind of moves you need to keep an eye on when you can't see the kids play with your own two...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said I am NOT ready to give up on Neal or Peguero...

However, I am not as high on Peguero as I was before this years draft. For the team to pick CFs in the first 2 rounds, both at the same age as Peguero, tells me they are not completely sold on the kid. Round-about logic, I know, but those are the kind of moves you need to keep an eye on when you can't see the kids play with your own two...

I guess I wasn't very clear. When you said you weren't ready to giveup on them, I was more of trying to pose that question to the OP.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I like Culberson too, but there is no way in hell he's going to be big league ready next year. The test for him is AA, which seems to be a roadblock for all of our hitting prospects, except Belt. If he can hit reasonably well in AA next year I'll start getting my hopes up.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Culberson too, but there is no way in hell he's going to be big league ready next year. The test for him is AA, which seems to be a roadblock for all of our hitting prospects, except Belt. If he can hit reasonably well in AA next year I'll start getting my hopes up.

When I said "next year", I meant '12, not '11.

You may be right, though, he is probably closer to 1.5 yrs away than 1 yr away...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this means very little, but how about that SLG% from Gillaspie lol.

After his very pedestrian 09', he put himselft back on the map with a pretty decent year. In no way he'll hit for power, I'd say Franchez power at best, but he could turn into a nice piece on team where he's not leaned on to create runs. I've heard Billy Mueller being brought up a lot in terms of comparisons.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After his very pedestrian 09', he put himselft back on the map with a pretty decent year. In no way he'll hit for power, I'd say Franchez power at best, but he could turn into a nice piece on team where he's not leaned on to create runs. I've heard Billy Mueller being brought up a lot in terms of comparisons.

I will take a consistent starter, occasional all-star and one-time batting champ any day of the week...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take a consistent starter, occasional all-star and one-time batting champ any day of the week...

Fortunately, we have one of those guys starting at 2b....but we could always use another!

TKellion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
AFL Champ game 1130am pst Sat 20 MLB network.1 more chance to see Brandon,Charlie and Connor live.Dont miss it.

TKellion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If he can hit 280 or higher close to 20HRs or more and drive in 80 plus then that would be an improvement over what we had over the last decade except for 2009.