• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you really what your record says?

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have enjoyed this first month of the new season, and I'm happy that the Cowboys are better than expected. With that said, are we as good as our record says we are. I know Parcells said you are what your record says you are, but I'm not completely sold. The 49ers are the only team we have lost to, and they have been below expectations this season IMO, we came back on the Rams, who aren't exactly contenders, blew out the Titans who flat out suck. We beat a Saints team who have an even worse defense than we do. So are we really this good or have we benefited from an easy schedule? I guess the defense still has me wondering, who are these guys? They have given up a lot of yards, but are top 10 in points allowed, can they continue this type of play? Just want to see what my fellow Cowboy fans think about this team, are we a playoff caliber team? Are just another 8 and 8? Your thoughts........

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny as I was thinking about the same thing today. If we are an 8-8 team but beat a team we shouldn't have (at least that is was the thought before the game) then are we a 9-7 team and just get into the playoffs this year?

I know that our D is not steller by any stretch of the imagination but damn when our O is clicking they are so hard to stop. We could end up with a 2,000 yard runner and a 4,000 yard passer. If that happens then no way do we stay out of the playoffs unless our D completly falls apart. I don't see all that happeneing but the possibility is there.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny as I was thinking about the same thing today. If we are an 8-8 team but beat a team we shouldn't have (at least that is was the thought before the game) then are we a 9-7 team and just get into the playoffs this year?

I know that our D is not steller by any stretch of the imagination but damn when our O is clicking they are so hard to stop. We could end up with a 2,000 yard runner and a 4,000 yard passer. If that happens then no way do we stay out of the playoffs unless our D completly falls apart. I don't see all that happeneing but the possibility is there.

Yeah I agree about our O, its been great so far, but we will not be playing the Rams and Saints all year. We have only played against one good defense and they didn't have it together yet. I hope we can continue to play this way, but that defense still scared the bejesus out of me. I was so surprised they held Drew Brees down, hope it continues.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been here before. It's been a while, but still hard to think of us being able to ride this wave all season. Someone almost always gets hurt and then we tank a few games. As it stands right now, we still haven't faced our division rivals yet. We can't rely on last year's results to paint this year's picture. But I will say that both the Skids and Iggles both seem worse this year than last, while Bigblue looks better. I can imagine a 4-2 record against them, a loss to Seattle next week and two losses from these four: Texans/Colts/Bears/Zona. So I think we may be sitting at 10-6 if none of the wheels fall off. If Romo, Dez or Murray get hurt, we're back to 8-8 or worse.

I actually believe that losing Claiborne may in fact improve our defense (would not feel that way w/o Scandrick). Moore is a better player and deserves to be on the field.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are at the end of the season, not at the quarterpole. At 3-1, we'd have to end up 12-4 to maintain a winning percentage of 75%. Maybe we will, though I'd be ecstatic with 10-6. Big game for the Boys this week. 4-1 heading into Seattle sure sounds better than 3-2.....

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, we are

signed,

Oakland raiders

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, we are

signed,

Oakland raiders

Man, their Owner needs to hire a football guy to run the organization, get the Hell out of his way, and let him do his job..... Wait, what am I saying:L

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're forgetting that week to week, most here and elsewhere have not been very confident - and a lot still are not going into this one and beyond. They've earned those wins and are a 3-1 team and if we can avoid more, serious injuries then I'd have to say this team is better than .500 - so yes they are as good as their record imo.

Playoffs? Long ways away - and with a 10-6 team not getting in last season it's really hard for me to say. I'm just going week to week, not looking ahead for a second. They're exceeding my expectations so I guess I'm just enjoying the ride.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're forgetting that week to week, most here and elsewhere have not been very confident - and a lot still are not going into this one and beyond.

I agree. It's been a long time since this much negativity and skepticism has run rampant through Cowboys nation. Now if they win the next 2, a small wave of fans would likely come back and talk shit, as if they never left. That's when it would be time to tap the brakes.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we are, but still not one of the top teams in the NFC.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
4-1 is 4-1 in the NFL but the teams that we have played are just averaging 2 wins on the year but look we have two big road wins and a winning record at home (which has also been like road games against Houston and San Francisco and the Saints). Like that we will be catching Seattle on a short week after they have to travel back from the East Coast. Who knows what happens..

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we can take the 4-1 record. If cowboys want to get to 5-1 they need to continue feeding murray and stop turning the ball over