• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you ready for the Fall Out?

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite Fastball Song, but also sums up what this offseason is shaping up to be.

I look forward to the Expansion draft, the entry draft and Free agency. I love the draft and free agency when the team has had a good year....so....bonus.

I do have one really gnawing thought....why are the Flyers so stationary? Too often they are making passes to people who are standing still. There is no motion.
Did AV always use this kind of a system. I can see how it can allow you to slow the game down and control zone time and puck pressure, but if you are leaving such huge gaps between forwards and defense, you are inviting turnovers. And once a player takes the pass, they are stationary, so again...no movement. That has been sticking out to me the last few games. Just strange.

Oh well, I don't know if Comcast will eat the cost of Fletcher and AV, or just AV and the two blind mice....but I hope so.

But I also hoped to be 6'2 and that didn't happen so.....I guess we will see.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, after some not so sober reflection, I was wondering....who is on your shopping list to make this a better team? And what is being moved to get them? It is too easy to say that they need to get player x and sign player y .... when you have to move players and assets to get player x and have the cap space to get player y.

I really want to see a BIG turnover in the coaching staff if not Front office as well. There could be moves that can be made to really improve the blue line. Who is expendable to do that? TK? Do you dangle Farabee? (no) Do you offer a sweetener to the Kraken to take a roster player you know you can't trade? Who is goalie B to replace Elliot?

Yeah....there is going to be a lot of Fallout this off season. OR....Fletcher will sit on his hands and sign another weaker one way defenseman.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here we are again. Another season of early potential promise and eventual futility.

The only bright sides I am seeing are the play of Farabee and Atkinson, the return of Kevin Hayes (who seemed at least a half step faster than he was earlier in the season) and the knowledge that Keith Yandle is only signed for this season.

Looking at the Chicago game as a starting point, the Flyers will potentially be saying goodbye to a number of players by the deadline on the 21st. Giroux, Braun, Jones, Risto, Laughton (?), TK. I am not saying that I want to see them go, I am saying that those are players that other teams will be looking to get. This team could look very different very quickly.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here we are again. Another season of early potential promise and eventual futility.

The only bright sides I am seeing are the play of Farabee and Atkinson, the return of Kevin Hayes (who seemed at least a half step faster than he was earlier in the season) and the knowledge that Keith Yandle is only signed for this season.

Looking at the Chicago game as a starting point, the Flyers will potentially be saying goodbye to a number of players by the deadline on the 21st. Giroux, Braun, Jones, Risto, Laughton (?), TK. I am not saying that I want to see them go, I am saying that those are players that other teams will be looking to get. This team could look very different very quickly.
Please god let this happen. We should've done this three years ago but being in the middle of the pack somehow fascinates posters on this board.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Risto is resigned.
I can't say I am overjoyed, or overly upset. The 5 years is not too horrible. The 5.1 AAV is a pay cut.
He and Sanheim have worked well as a pair. Actually making them the most consistent, reliable pairing in their own zone. This now allows for greater stability while York is worked in and potentially Ellis is moved off the top pairing at 5 on 5.

I think Ellis is still potentially a capable PP player, but at 5 on 5 he is just too prone to breaking down. Anything to reduce his load will only help.
I do think that Braun is now officially gone, sad to say. I think we will have to live with Yandle for the rest of the season.

And now we wait to see what shoe drops next.