• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aquaman 2: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (2023)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m fine with them trying to fix aquaman

Mamoa did a good job trying to do that

I think the dceu just lost too much steam for this to matter as much as it should’ve

The first one did fine iirc and movies in general have been down for the most part

Dceu was just a mess despite some really good casting (cavil and mamoa in particular)

i agree that the first was good... but my point is really that after justice league-which did not do well... they should have expanded the universe more...

doubling up on Aquaman seems weird to me when others havent even gotten a first movie...

but its because of Mamoa... you cant get a popular actor and just not use him... i get that.... but if you did more to the universe and expand the Justice league you could have had Mamoa in more movies organically... A lot like early on Marvel...

But the difference between the avengers and the justice league is that DC revolves around the justice league... Marvel does not need avengers... which makes my complaint about marvel in other threads more annoying to me...

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree that the first was good... but my point is really that after justice league-which did not do well... they should have expanded the universe more...

doubling up on Aquaman seems weird to me when others havent even gotten a first movie...

but its because of Mamoa... you cant get a popular actor and just not use him... i get that.... but if you did more to the universe and expand the Justice league you could have had Mamoa in more movies organically... A lot like early on Marvel...

But the difference between the avengers and the justice league is that DC revolves around the justice league... Marvel does not need avengers... which makes my complaint about marvel in other threads more annoying to me...

I'm just annoyed because JL and Avengers 1 are just so similar.

Both are just solid B movies

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just annoyed because JL and Avengers 1 are just so similar.

Both are just solid B movies

except one happened over a decade ago and first...

problem with JL is that the Snyder cut was better than the original... and we had to wait for that one too long after the original, after the original was seen to be the REAL MOVIE....

But the snyder cut was MUCH Better than the original Avengers as well..

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

problem with JL is that the Snyder cut was better than the original... and we had to wait for that one too long after the original, after the original was seen to be the REAL MOVIE....

Sorry, there is no inflation here lol

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s like how Star Wars is a western but in space

It’s not dinged for that lol

I’m not following. Maybe we are saying different things.

You were saying how JL and avengers were so similar and both b movies.

I agreed but said that that there is a big difference. Now I did not make it clear that I was talking about movie success.

Avengers was much more successful because it was early on in the superhero craze.

And JL was less successful because the original was not very good and was outshined by the Snyder cut. Which is seen as a different movie. Which just confuses people. And the Snyder cut was not supposed to be the official movie for the universe. Which made it even more confusing that the better movie. Was not the official movie.

But in pure quality of movies I would say Snyder cut was better than the first avengers movie. By a big margin too.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not following. Maybe we are saying different things.

You were saying how JL and avengers were so similar and both b movies.

I agreed but said that that there is a big difference. Now I did not make it clear that I was talking about movie success.

Avengers was much more successful because it was early on in the superhero craze.

And JL was less successful because the original was not very good and was outshined by the Snyder cut. Which is seen as a different movie. Which just confuses people. And the Snyder cut was not supposed to be the official movie for the universe. Which made it even more confusing that the better movie. Was not the official movie.

But in pure quality of movies I would say Snyder cut was better than the first avengers movie. By a big margin too.

ah yes, we are.

got it, makes sense.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMG_2601.png

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Snyder cut was better to whom though? A small group of online fans? If the Snyder cut was better than the Avengers the Snyderverse would’ve kept going from a company losing money and Cyborg would’ve had a movie rushed into production.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Snyder cut was better to whom though? A small group of online fans? If the Snyder cut was better than the Avengers the Snyderverse would’ve kept going from a company losing money and Cyborg would’ve had a movie rushed into production.

my comment that the snyder cut was better than the avengers is my opinion... But i think many would agree... although it is also not very fair since the snyder cut was a decade after the original avengers...

the snyder cut being better than the original Justice league, is a very common critique... held by most...

I think you need to read one of my posts after that to actually see what my argument was....