• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

April 18th: Who you got?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthysse is one of my favorite fighters. And Ruslan is going to stand in front of him and punch. Before Danny Garcia cost me a fortune I didn't think anybody would survive trying to brawl with him. I still don't think Provodnikov can win, though it should be fun to watch.

For that under card I have only seen Crawford fight Gamboa, and I don't really remember it. I think he was getting out boxed by a speedier guy, but his power showed through. And then he went up in weight. So who knows. Boxing writers named him up and coming g fighter of the year or something? I know a whole lot less about his opponent. Probably some protected can that they have brought along just for a fight like this.

More important than that under card, I think Julio Caesar Chavez Jr. is also fighting that night against Fonfara. I have exactly zero confidence in JCC at this weight were anyone should have a punchers chance. No doubt he has the talent though, and he should win. Mostly I see JCC as an uncashed lottery ticket these days. He has the following and prestige of a top tier fighter. Without the threat of fighting a top tier guy. Golovkin, Ward, maybe even Canelo I don't know who it will be, but somebody is going to cash I. That lottery ticket for a huge payday. I don't think Fonfara is the one though.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Undercard) T. Crawford vs T. Dulorme

(Main Event) L. Matthysse vs R. Provodnikov
Crawford wins no doubt in my mind.
The main event will be interesting. I think the russian rocky can break down whoevers body if they let him (stand there & just fight) If matthysse fights smart I think he wins, but either can make it a short night of the other. This will be a nice fight to watch.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford has all the talent in the world. Damn he looked good when he bothered trying. But the dude needs to get his ass kicked here pretty soon or his career could be in jeopardy. When they're still hand picking opponents for you to build a resume and look legit, you have to actually put some effort into it. Ol dude reminds me of all those college football and basketball players that have always gotten by on pure talent without ever trying. When they get to the pros, more often than not their career is over almost as soon as it starts.

When he finally fights a real challenger he's gonna get embarrassed.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Provodnikov has a damn cement block for a head. Dude can take a punch.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't be the only one hearing the Rocky theme song in my head during round 11 & 12 of Mattyse Provodnikov fight can I?

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he finally fights a real challenger he's gonna get embarrassed.

Watched my first boxing match in a long time tonight because that kid is from Nebraska. Saw he had a belt but I guess that doesn't mean too much? I really have no clue. You have a link to the contenders or a short list? Would appreciate and will watch for it when he gets a real fight.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford was at 140 pounds, right? There is such a long list of contenders at that weight it's not worth naming because I'm sure I'll leave several out. Start with the 2 guys in the main event, both are at 140. Amir Khan is I think still at 140, Danny Garcia straight up destroyed Mattyse not long ago. Maidana is I think at 147, but can come down I bet. Broner I think went back down to 140. I think there are at least 2 or 3 other young guys on the way up that are around 140. Honestly both Mayweather and most likely Pacquiao could make 140. There's a bunch of good fights to make.

And I'm not saying all of those guys would definitely beat him. Maybe not any of them, he's got the pure talent to hang with any of those guys. I just think he was coasting hard tonight, and I hate it when the guys who have a true chance to be great waste it like that by not trying hard.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthysse is one of my favorite fighters. And Ruslan is going to stand in front of him and punch. Before Danny Garcia cost me a fortune I didn't think anybody would survive trying to brawl with him. I still don't think Provodnikov can win, though it should be fun to watch.

For that under card I have only seen Crawford fight Gamboa, and I don't really remember it. I think he was getting out boxed by a speedier guy, but his power showed through. And then he went up in weight. So who knows. Boxing writers named him up and coming g fighter of the year or something? I know a whole lot less about his opponent. Probably some protected can that they have brought along just for a fight like this.

More important than that under card, I think Julio Caesar Chavez Jr. is also fighting that night against Fonfara. I have exactly zero confidence in JCC at this weight were anyone should have a punchers chance. No doubt he has the talent though, and he should win. Mostly I see JCC as an uncashed lottery ticket these days. He has the following and prestige of a top tier fighter. Without the threat of fighting a top tier guy. Golovkin, Ward, maybe even Canelo I don't know who it will be, but somebody is going to cash I. That lottery ticket for a huge payday. I don't think Fonfara is the one though.

Fonfara just crumpled up that lottery ticket and threw it in the trash. As of this moment and forever more JCC Jr is no longer a PPV draw or a big name to make a big fight. And Fonfara didn't even really make any money off it. He was already probably next for either Kovalev or Stevenson (unless they fight each other)

He was mostly a big draw because Mexicans and Mexican-Americans care more about boxing than most other Americans, and the name meant something to them. But Jr quit on his stool. No Mas. Gave up like a sissy. Which is so against the "machismo" culture they have that I doubt any of them care about him now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got home late so watching the fight now.

2 rounds in and blood all over lol

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it 115-113 for Matthysse

Rd 1 - 10-9, Matthysse
Rd 2 - 10-9, Matthysse
Rd 3 - 10-9, Matthysse
Rd 4 - 10-9, Provodnikov
Rd 5 - 10-9, Provodnikov
Rd 6 - 10-9, Matthysse
Rd 7 - 10-9, Matthysse
Rd 8 - 10-9, Provodnikov
Rd 9 - 10-9, Matthysse
Rd 10 - 10-9, Matthysse
Rd 11 - 10-9, Provodnikov
Rd 12 - 10-9, Provodnikov

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres how I saw the JCC-Fonfara fight

Rd 1 - 10-9, Fonfara
Rd 2 - 10-9, Fonfara
Rd 3 - 10-9, Fonfara
Rd 4 - 10-9, Fonfara
Rd 5 - 10-9, Fonfara
Rd 6 - 10-9, Fonfara
Rd 7 - 9-9
Rd 8 - 10-9, Fonfara
Rd 9 - 10-8, Fonfara

That point deduction was :bullshit:btw

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it 115-113 for Matthysse

Rd 1 - 10-9, Matthysse
Rd 2 - 10-9, Matthysse
Rd 3 - 10-9, Matthysse
Rd 4 - 10-9, Provodnikov
Rd 5 - 10-9, Provodnikov
Rd 6 - 10-9, Matthysse
Rd 7 - 10-9, Matthysse
Rd 8 - 10-9, Provodnikov
Rd 9 - 10-9, Matthysse
Rd 10 - 10-9, Matthysse
Rd 11 - 10-9, Provodnikov
Rd 12 - 10-9, Provodnikov

I didn't score it strictly, but I didn't see it all that close. I almost called round 1 a 10-8 round. Mattyse lander like 6 power shots to every 1 thrown from Rocky. Round 6 was close too, so I gave him the 10-8 in that round. The early rounds that Provodnikov won were closely contested rounds that most people just gave to him because he was dominated so bad in the rounds he lost. I think I would have had it 116-111 but maybe 115-112.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres how I saw the JCC-Fonfara fight

Rd 1 - 10-9, Fonfara
Rd 2 - 10-9, Fonfara
Rd 3 - 10-9, Fonfara
Rd 4 - 10-9, Fonfara
Rd 5 - 10-9, Fonfara
Rd 6 - 10-9, Fonfara
Rd 7 - 9-9
Rd 8 - 10-9, Fonfara
Rd 9 - 10-8, Fonfara

That point deduction was :bullshit:btw

I missed the first 4 rounds. Wasn't willing to flip during a fight of the year caliber fight. What I did see wasn't competitive. The point penalty was warranted IMO. That was a clear and fragrant foul. Although I do think it was the refs fault for letting Chavez get away with so much. It's always the second guy that gets caught but sometimes as a fighter if the ref is letting the other guy get away with low blows and leading with his forehead and everything, you just have to take the penalty to let him know you're not gonna just take that shit.

Would have been a shitty situation if that point had actually affected the fight though.