• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Apathy

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's mostly blaming the sleeved shirts, not the mask. His other games with the sleeved shirts are also not as good as normal.

Also, maybe the mask has worn down? It could be like shoes, where it starts to feel uncomfortable the more hours it is worn.

But yes, you are right, it's the physical adjustment he doesn't like.

What is he doing in the mask to wear it out? French kissing it all day? Using it in combo with his forehead as a human sledgehammer?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is he doing in the mask to wear it out? French kissing it all day? Using it in combo with his forehead as a human sledgehammer?

Maybe sweating in it deteriorates it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe swelling deteriorates the sleeves. Wait, no, he wants them to be deteriorated. I don't think I've ever said deteriorate (or a form thereof) three times in a paragraph. Better make it four: deteriorates. So, now, I've never said it just three times in a paragraph. Just to be safe: deteriorating.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the Jazz are horrible. I can't find a compelling character to root for no matter how hard I try. Favors and Hayward are boring as hell.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apathy? Meh, who cares...

Sympathy and empathy do... Wait, no they don't. Sympathy is to feel the same as the other and in this case it would be apathy. Empathy on the other hand simply wants to understand apathy's feeling and since empathy is by definition when you haven't experienced it, they can't feel the same, so they must care?

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sympathy and empathy do... Wait, no they don't. Sympathy is to feel the same as the other and in this case it would be apathy. Empathy on the other hand simply wants to understand apathy's feeling and since empathy is by definition when you haven't experienced it, they can't feel the same, so they must care?

Well played.

:suds:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great post.