• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP Top 25 Week 7

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 3rd down call in OT was Franklin-esque

A&M got a touchdown, so had the FG been good it wouldn't have mattered anyways, but seeing a kicker come short on a 43 yard FG really makes me appreciate having an accurate kicker with a big leg.

But yeah, they optioned out of giving Snell the ballon third down. Impossible to say what would have happened, but hard to imagine it would have been worse that what did.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M got a touchdown, so had the FG been good it wouldn't have mattered anyways, but seeing a kicker come short on a 43 yard FG really makes me appreciate having an accurate kicker with a big leg.

But yeah, they optioned out of giving Snell the ballon third down. Impossible to say what would have happened, but hard to imagine it would have been worse that what did.

Just terrible. I believe it was 3rd and 2 and you do the one thing you suck at, pass the ball. Just a classic example of out smarting yourself. The officiating magic was the missed block in the back that gave A&M that big punt return. Not to mention a really bad roughing the QB penalty that led to a TD

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro...aTm a solid football team. They out over 500 yds on Clemson and really outplayed them and got robbed by the officials and did better than anyone against Bama. They arent top 15 but definitely top 25

By your logic PSU isnt that good because it took them OT to beat App.State
1. They should've beaten Clemson. Clemson really isn't an elite team at all this season. In fact, A&M gave Kelly Bryant his best game by far this season, and Clemson has played dogshit.
2. Doing the best against Bama isn't saying much right now, given who all they've played.
3. Appy State is lightyears better than Arkansas, bad comparison.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The standard SEC talking point cracks me up

During the Miss State/Auburn game they were saying that Mississippi state was ranked a few weeks ago. So they should be tough competition. Lol. Using a teams previous ranking as a show of their strength. ‘We thought they were good a week ago’.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. They should've beaten Clemson. Clemson really isn't an elite team at all this season. In fact, A&M gave Kelly Bryant his best game by far this season, and Clemson has played dogshit.
2. Doing the best against Bama isn't saying much right now, given who all they've played.
3. Appy State is lightyears better than Arkansas, bad comparison.

I want to say #3 is ridiculous, but the funny thing is I think App State handles Arkansas pretty easily.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

During the Miss State/Auburn game they were saying that Mississippi state was ranked a few weeks ago. So they should be tough competition. Lol. Using a teams previous ranking as a show of their strength. ‘We thought they were good a week ago’.

Yep, love the ole 'then ranked" term when trying to justify some teams schedule.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, love the ole 'then ranked" term when trying to justify some teams schedule.

Alabama could beat a team that was ranked in the top 10 in the preseason in week 1.....that team could finish 6-6.....SEC media nut draggers would still chalk it up as a "top 10 win" for Bama even though said hypothetical team proved to be crap.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Texas move up more spots than Florida? Gators beat a higher ranking team and were already ranked lower. Makes no sense. LOL at these moronic polls.

Glad it doesn't matter for Florida this season.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Texas move up more spots than Florida? Gators beat a higher ranking team and were already ranked lower. Makes no sense. LOL at these moronic polls.

Glad it doesn't matter for Florida this season.

Florida wins out, they're in the playoffs. I wouldn't worry about rankings right now.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins and losses change in value over the course of a season . 3 weeks ago avwin over Florida was blah. Right now that win looks pretty fucking impressive , Friday a win over Miss St was whatever. By Sunday it was much better . Kentucky list but their resume looks way better today than it did last week .

This happens in every league . Wisconsin is seen as having no great wins. If Iowa ends up 10-2 that will change , PSU looked "bad" week one for needing OT vs App St. If App ends up 11-1 that ends up being a quality win. VT leaped in the polls after beating a ranked FSU... How's that look now?

It's not just about what we thought of a team at the time of the game . That's not how it works

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m surprised he didn’t get the ball more. He would go up the gut on first down and get 6-7 yards regardless of the two DL that hit him at the LOS. then he would sit on bench for the rest of the series.

We kept feeding the RB the ball regardless of his 0-2 yard gains. Eventually their defense started to wear down a little...bit not much. Kentucky has a really good D

UK has excellent linebackers. AM has a good front seven. I was
surprised that they didn't use Snell more. Stoops might have
out-coached himself going away from his bread and butter.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida wins out, they're in the playoffs. I wouldn't worry about rankings right now.

I think they are starting to click with Mullins. I thought they would make some noise this year and I gave up on them early, but seems like things maybe turning. Funny how teams loaded with teenagers can improve over a season

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it with people who constantly say “elite” being raging dumbasses?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are starting to click with Mullins. I thought they would make some noise this year and I gave up on them early, but seems like things maybe turning. Funny how teams loaded with teenagers can improve over a season

The offense still needs some work, especially at QB. If they had a legit QB, they'd be really dangerous, but that defense is legit. They had the talent on defense last season, but they were severely undercoached and after a few weeks, didn't have any real motivation.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky did themselves no favors with their gameplan and playcalling either.

Benny Snell is their best offensive weapon, and you only give him 13 carries. He averaged nearly 5 yards a pop too, not like he was getting stuffed. In a game that went to OT, taking the ball out of your best playmaker's hands is a big factor in the loss IMO.
that's for sure. They really blew a shot at a last second field goal before OT with shitty play calling...
Then in OT, their only offensive threat didn't even touch the ball. Worst play calling I've seen in ages (and believe me, I've seen a bunch here in Austin)

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Texas, that win was just another step. I wish they were still in the lower teens, ranking-wise.

Last thing they need is to start thinking they've "arrived"

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is a top 10 teams just because of a win against OU? Come on now.

Glad to see Cincy and USF ranked, finally. Don't think Auburn should be that low, but they did lose to an unranked, at the time, Miss St.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how teams loaded with teenagers can improve over a season
Yes it is. They can also turn to shit for a game or the rest of a season.

They are 18-22 years old after all. Unless it is BYU, then they are 18-28.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I said it doesn't matter. Just looking at the numbers though. The movement makes no sense.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you really such a dumbass that you still haven't figured out that the announcers pump up whatever teams they are calling the game for? It's literally their job to find good and positive things to say about teams.

And the fact that you think it's somehow a SEC only thing just makes it even worse, as it must mean you actually agree with all the stupid shit they say when it's about teams in other conferences.

I mean hell, when ESPN made it where that one guy who said something about slightly negative about Washington will never be allowed to call Washington games again, it should have been a clue or something.