• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP poll week 3

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy ND is in top 10 but they are gonna have to earn it. That was a very unimpressive win. We only benefitted from teams in front of us faltering. But there are a few teams in the top 10 who haven't played anybody yet. They'll have to earn it too. Freaking preseason polls.
:agree: ... Obvious Michigan hangover (as I suspected) and Purdue came to play last nite, but still very lackluster offensive performance against a team that was playing their 'Bowl Game' in Indy last nite. I was at the game and left with a half-empty feeling after that win, but was glad to see UGA and USC get beat ... definitely helped our cause! :suds:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why fans expect teams to play their A game every game......it doesn't work that way

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up adjustments: BYU and Clemson

Down adjustments: USC and tOSU

All in all, seems about right at the moment.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why fans expect teams to play their A game every game......it doesn't work that way

It's not so much that they didn't play their "A" game. The mental errors, which were non-existent in the first two weeks, skyrocketed and factored into it being closer than it needed to be. Lining up offsides on offense? Too many men in backfield? The unsportsmanlike penalty after the turnover put us on the goal line? Nothing you can do about the injuries, and missed blocks and tackles may be a byproduct of not having an A game, but they started out looking invincible and then one stalled series later, it seemed like the wheels fell off for the rest of the half until Golson led them to that score before halftime. There were too many mental mistakes to attribute to just being off. And unless they can establish some consistency in the running game, Stanford and FSU will run us out the building before the end of the first quarter.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to see ND crack Top 10. I honestly do not understand what these sports writers consider when ranking as a couple of posters have already pointed out ... Stanford over USC? ... Georgia ahead of SCar.

How in the hell can you do that? Did they not even see the game last nite ... UGA vs SCar??? Not even 24 hours old!!! JFC. :L

I think it's because they're too LAZY to start from a clean slate each week. Doing the proper diligence would take too much time.

There's no way someone can properly evaluate all of Saturdays games (some of which ended after midnight ET) in just a couple of hours if you assume they wrote an article and got some sleep in the process.

That's why the CFB Play-off Committee can be more accurate as they will not release their opinions until Tuesday.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty absurd that anyone is ranking ohio state and leaving both virginia tech and east carolina off their ballots.

and why is michigan state ranked ahead of georgia and south carolina? all 3 have been beaten by good teams. the only difference is georgia and south carolina both have a good win while michigan state has yet to beat an FBS team.

big 10 poll bias.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty absurd that anyone is ranking ohio state and leaving both virginia tech and east carolina off their ballots.

and why is michigan state ranked ahead of georgia and south carolina? all 3 have been beaten by good teams. the only difference is georgia and south carolina both have a good win while michigan state has yet to beat an FBS team.

big 10 poll bias.

Thanks for your input Sakau.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

big 10 poll bias.
Care to explain how Clemson is a good win? Who did they beat that makes beating them so good? Oh I see. It was South Carolina State. Never mind.

dennis580

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Great to see ND crack Top 10. I honestly do not understand what these sports writers consider when ranking as a couple of posters have already pointed out ... Stanford over USC? ... Georgia ahead of SCar.

How in the hell can you do that? Did they not even see the game last nite ... UGA vs SCar??? Not even 24 hours old!!! JFC. :L

Then let me explain it to you so you can understand.

S. Carolina was blown out at home by A&M. Georgia BARELY lost to S. Carolina at the home. Georgia also blew out Clemson. Based on all those facts Georgia deserves to be ranked ahead of S. Carolina

Stanford totally controled the game against Stanford. In fact on all 9 of there possessions they got inside the USC 35. They were clearly the superior team. USC then goes to B. College who had just lost to Pitt, and not only loses, but gives up 452 yards rushing to B. College. 452 yards rushing. Based on all those facts Stanford deserves to be ranked ahead of USC.

I hope you understand now that your ranking is based on the whole season not just one game

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Care to explain how Clemson is a good win? Who did they beat that makes beating them so good? Oh I see. It was South Carolina State. Never mind.

You can certainly argue that Clemson is not yet a good win since we haven't seen much of them, but I'll take a win over Clemson by 24 points compared to a win over FCS Jacksonville State.

And I'd be willing to bet by season's end, Clemson is one of the 3 best teams in the ACC.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then let me explain it to you so you can understand.

S. Carolina was blown out at home by A&M. Georgia BARELY lost to S. Carolina at the home. Georgia also blew out Clemson. Based on all those facts Georgia deserves to be ranked ahead of S. Carolina

Stanford totally controled the game against Stanford. In fact on all 9 of there possessions they got inside the USC 35. They were clearly the superior team. USC then goes to B. College who had just lost to Pitt, and not only loses, but gives up 452 yards rushing to B. College. 452 yards rushing. Based on all those facts Stanford deserves to be ranked ahead of USC.

I hope you understand now that your ranking is based on the whole season not just one game

Can you justify Ohio State being ranked ahead of East Carolina or Virginia Tech?

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can certainly argue that Clemson is not yet a good win since we haven't seen much of them, but I'll take a win over Clemson by 24 points compared to a win over FCS Jacksonville State.

And I'd be willing to bet by season's end, Clemson is one of the 3 best teams in the ACC.
Oh but Michigan State sucks because they lost to Oregon who may be the best team in the PAC and Wisconsin sucks because they may have lost to one of the best teams in the SEC, right? Yeah, hypocrite.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh but Michigan State sucks because they lost to Oregon who may be the best team in the PAC and Wisconsin sucks because they may have lost to one of the best teams in the SEC, right? Yeah, hypocrite.

I didn't say Michigan State or Wisconsin suck. But since you bring it up, LSU is currently the 4th highest ranked team in the SEC West.

If Wisconsin reaches the playoff by going 11-1 and LSU misses it at 9-3... or even better yet, a team that beats LSU misses it at 9-3 or 10-2 while LSU finishes 8-4 or 7-5... then that will be a huge injustice.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say Michigan State or Wisconsin suck. But since you bring it up, LSU is currently the 4th highest ranked team in the SEC West.

If Wisconsin reaches the playoff by going 11-1 and LSU misses it at 9-3... or even better yet, a team that beats LSU misses it at 9-3 or 10-2 while LSU finishes 8-4 or 7-5... then that will be a huge injustice.
And IF my aunt had balls she'd... wait.. if she had balls you'd swing from them.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I at least understand the Stanford over USC. They lost a close game to them that they statistically dominated. But USC is getting punished for getting it's doors blown off by an unranked BC team. Stanford bounced back and pitched a shutout blowout of Army. Georgia ahead of SC on the other hand is BS.
USCe v. UGa is the exact same thing. We lost a close one away to SoCarolina. We beat Clemson soundly. USCe got destroyed by TAMU. Same thing, except TAMU is actually good, while BC sucks.

That said, I don't care. Not sure we deserve our ranking until we play some D.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, just when I think UGA will get their stuff together for a season, they disappoint me again.

dennis580

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Can you justify Ohio State being ranked ahead of East Carolina or Virginia Tech?

No I can't. I actually would East Carolina ranked the highest of those 3.

Last edited by a moderator: