• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone noticing Nik Batum?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy is having a career year with the change of scenery. He can impact the game in so many ways and has been key to the Hornets' fast start along with Kemba Walker. Always looked at Batum as an underachiever in large part because he takes too many threes. While I'd still like to see him cut down those a bit, he should be given serious All-Star consideration. And with the way he's playing, Charlotte is going to really regret extending MKG...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy is having a career year with the change of scenery. He can impact the game in so many ways and has been key to the Hornets' fast start along with Kemba Walker. Always looked at Batum as an underachiever in large part because he takes too many threes. While I'd still like to see him cut down those a bit, he should be given serious All-Star consideration. And with the way he's playing, Charlotte is going to really regret extending MKG...
No, he is on the hornets, no one notices.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he is on the hornets, no one notices.

I think he is good enough for all of us to learn his name ... nic/nocolas.

It only took me a week into the season until I learned to spell Porzingas. If he wins ROY -- I'll learn his first name.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is good enough for all of us to learn his name ... nic/nocolas.

It only took me a week into the season until I learned to spell Porzingas. If he wins ROY -- I'll learn his first name.

Just kidding ... I meant Porzingis.

What is up with Karl-Anthony having a hyphenated first name and Russell having an apostrophe?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MKG- I think is a top 5 defensive player in the league when healthy- and hes DEFINITELY fast enough to play defense against shooting guards and tough enough to play against small ball power forwards....he just cant shoot a damn....Batum is def the better offensive player...id PROBABLY rather have MKG but its close...MKG signed a very reasonable contract- im sure batum is gonna get paid a ton with the cap rising...itll be interesting to see if charlotte wants to retain him- obviously they thought both batum and mkg could play together at some point before mkgs injury.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna be a free agent after this season I believe, not too surprised he is playing well. It also helps that he doesn't have 2 definite "go to" guys in front of him like he did with the Blazers. It sucks MKG got hurt, but assuming Batum doesn't stay around past this season I don't think they'll be regretting that extension considering he's one of the better wing defenders in the NBA.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also helps that he doesn't have 2 definite "go to" guys in front of him like he did with the Blazers.
I think this is definitely the case. His shooting % are not career highs, and about the same as his career averages. I think he is just getting more opportunity due to the talent around him. I would be surprised if he makes the all-star team with the way it is divided as guards and front court; there are just too many names that are better known than his.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's playing great this year, and he's still only turning 27. That's why I suggested for the Sixers as a potential spot for him throwing big dollars, but it would have to come with them putting together a more competitive roster.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is definitely the case. His shooting % are not career highs, and about the same as his career averages. I think he is just getting more opportunity due to the talent around him. I would be surprised if he makes the all-star team with the way it is divided as guards and front court; there are just too many names that are better known than his.
He's taking 3 shots more a game including 1 3ptFG more a game than what he's done over his career, it'd be a problem if his scoring wasn't up. If they choose a player from the Hornets for the ASG because they continue playing well it might be Kemba, who's the leading scorer on the team. I still like him as a player because he plays good defense, can shoot the 3, and can handle the ball/set up his teammates. Would LOVE to see him sign with the Kings in the offseason, he's the 3 and D type of guy they need in the worst way.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's always been a solid player, let's see if he can keep it up.