• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone like this mock?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears 2020 mock draft

I definitely do not like using the first of our two second round picks on a CB, being we've just loaded up on the secondary in the FA class. I like the other one, Jonah Jackson for the interior OL. I'm still open to a TE, Edge, another OL, or even a QB at #43 or #50, especially if a projected first rounder at any of these spots fell to us.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears 2020 mock draft

I definitely do not like using the first of our two second round picks on a CB, being we've just loaded up on the secondary in the FA class. I like the other one, Jonah Jackson for the interior OL. I'm still open to a TE, Edge, another OL, or even a QB at #43 or #50, especially if a projected first rounder at any of these spots fell to us.
Might want to re look at this as the Bears signed an ok starter from Seattle today.
Germain Ifedi, who was a swing tackle and started I believe all 16 games last year for the Seahawks. He should at the very least, give solid camp competition to Massie and Leno.

I could also see the Bears grabbing a Safety if a decent one drops in the second, but honestly, I think TE and Wr at this point. Wr class is way to deep and most draft "experts" do not believe a TE will go in the first round leaving a few decent choices, like perhaps the kid from Notra Dame, available in the second.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might want to re look at this as the Bears signed an ok starter from Seattle today.
Germain Ifedi, who was a swing tackle and started I believe all 16 games last year for the Seahawks. He should at the very least, give solid camp competition to Massie and Leno.

I could also see the Bears grabbing a Safety if a decent one drops in the second, but honestly, I think TE and Wr at this point. Wr class is way to deep and most draft "experts" do not believe a TE will go in the first round leaving a few decent choices, like perhaps the kid from Notra Dame, available in the second.
It's an ok signing, but it's only for a year, and I see him more as a swingman/first man in when they rest one of the starters. I definitely don't see this as preventing us from using at least one of our picks, preferably #43 or #50, in taking someone from the OL.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an ok signing, but it's only for a year, and I see him more as a swingman/first man in when they rest one of the starters. I definitely don't see this as preventing us from using at least one of our picks, preferably #43 or #50, in taking someone from the OL.
It would not surprise me. I think the X factor is Bars. NE tried to swipe him off the practice squad last season, which is why he was brought up. I wonder if the Bears already have him penciled in at RG. The Bears could also go Center and move Whitehair back to Guard. I liked the pick up today. Better than I thought Pace could find. His penalty rate is worse than Leno's which isn't great, but perhaps Bears O line coach can fix that. Edit: Last season both had the same amount of penalties. Now in fairness, Wilson bails out of the pocket a lot.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this might be the first draft where Pace almost has to go for need. We addressed QB, TE and Edge in free agency. RB, WR, DL and LB aren't really need positions (starters at least). We've signed some depth in the defensive backfield but no real starters outside of Roberson and possibly promoting Bush to the starting lineup at safety. We haven't addressed OL at all, losing Lucas. We're also short on depth at LB.

We almost have to go OL with one of the 2nd rounders, if not both. OL and CB makes sense, maybe safety instead if they really like Tre Roberson over Deon Bush as a starter. I don't see how you justify spending one of those 2nd rounders on any other position since we have the starters everywhere else secured. The handful of late round picks then just become fliers on any position really.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this might be the first draft where Pace almost has to go for need. We addressed QB, TE and Edge in free agency. RB, WR, DL and LB aren't really need positions (starters at least). We've signed some depth in the defensive backfield but no real starters outside of Roberson and possibly promoting Bush to the starting lineup at safety. We haven't addressed OL at all, losing Lucas. We're also short on depth at LB.

We almost have to go OL with one of the 2nd rounders, if not both. OL and CB makes sense, maybe safety instead if they really like Tre Roberson over Deon Bush as a starter. I don't see how you justify spending one of those 2nd rounders on any other position since we have the starters everywhere else secured. The handful of late round picks then just become fliers on any position really.
I'm in agreement with the idea of Pace going with need as opposed to the usual BPA, regardless of position. I'm not on board tho with using either of our two 2nds on a DB, if for no other reason than there are often hidden gems in these positions, especially safety, that always seem to be available in the later rounds. I'm still circling around an OL for the first of those two picks, then the best Edge/TE/other OL with the second. And of course again, if a 1st rd quality QB slips down, I'd be fine with that as well.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in agreement with the idea of Pace going with need as opposed to the usual BPA, regardless of position. I'm not on board tho with using either of our two 2nds on a DB, if for no other reason than there are often hidden gems in these positions, especially safety, that always seem to be available in the later rounds. I'm still circling around an OL for the first of those two picks, then the best Edge/TE/other OL with the second. And of course again, if a 1st rd quality QB slips down, I'd be fine with that as well.
We had two starters leave the defensive backfield, so it's not like secondary isn't a need. If we only lost one then ok, but two might be too much to just ignore. With OL, we not only have Coward who's a backup type guy right now (unless he comes back this season having improved a lot) but we have both Leno and Massie underwhelm. I wouldn't mind having another body that might be able to step in there.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE? How many tight ends are we intending to have?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE? How many tight ends are we intending to have?
If we kept everyone from last year and of course adding in Graham, then yes, we'd be filled up. But I'm not counting on everyone returning, starting with but not necessarily ending with 2nd round bust Shaheen. And while I'm guessing we're probably gonna stick with the ever dainty Burton at least another year, I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. Let's face it, our current group is at best sub average, and I think that's being kind. Hey, if there's still a baller TE there with great hands at #50, I'd have zero problems taking him. Zero.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im interested in:

Ol-Ol-DB or Ol-DB-Ol

with our first 3 picks........I believe Ol is our biggest need right now, even with the addition of Ifedi.....

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we kept everyone from last year and of course adding in Graham, then yes, we'd be filled up. But I'm not counting on everyone returning, starting with but not necessarily ending with 2nd round bust Shaheen. And while I'm guessing we're probably gonna stick with the ever dainty Burton at least another year, I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. Let's face it, our current group is at best sub average, and I think that's being kind. Hey, if there's still a baller TE there with great hands at #50, I'd have zero problems taking him. Zero.
I think this year more than any, we need to draft for need. I didn't realize we signed Ifedi. Rotoworld thinks he'll shift to RG to take over for Coward. Nice to see a little depth there, but at minimum, Massie's job should be up for grabs, along with RG and possibly LT if Leno looks like shit again. I'm hoping it was a blocking scheme issue (to an extent) as they fired Hiestand. The run-game blocking scheme was awful.

At tight end we have Burton-Graham-Harris. If everyone is healthy there then we don't need another guy there, not to mention we're already spending quite a bit between just Burton and Graham.

I think if there's a dark-horse position to be addressed with a second, it's WR. This class is stacked and Pace would probably love to add another weapon to the cache for Foles. I like our WR room right now but it's devoid of straight blazing speed that we have Gabriel for, and Foles throws a great deep ball.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we draft a safety to compete with Bush with one of our 2nd round picks and an interior lineman to compete with Ifedi with the other.

I think corner is the position we wait on for a developmental piece. Between Roberson, Shelley, Tolliver, etc. We already have a decent looking camp competition there for the CB2 opposite Fuller. I think we signed Roberson in hopes that he would be an impact player for us too. A lot of hype and interest around/in him.

Obviously, it depends on who is available. Maybe a really good corner drops and we can't stand to lay off.

Massie's job should be up for grabs, along with RG and possibly LT if Leno looks like shit again. I'm hoping it was a blocking scheme issue (to an extent) as they fired Hiestand. The run-game blocking scheme was awful.

Leno and Massie are very safe, it appears. Their contracts are a sizeable commitment. That's why we fired Hiestand as opposed to simply cutting them. We HAVE to hope it was a scheme/coaching issue since getting rid of them isn't a realistic option. Personally, I think Leno is a nice bounce back candidate. Guy got paid and relaxed mentally, IMO. He was dependable for a good while. He's earned another crack at it. Also, the guy has literally missed ONE SNAP in his entire career *knock on wood*. That matters, a lot.