• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone else feel somewhat sorry for Boston College??

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had ta googlie it...

Miami and Virginia Tech were the first two schools to bolt for the ACC, but Boston College had been one of the first three schools sought by the ACC (along w/ Miami and Syracuse) starting in 2003. VPI somehow got substituted for BC along the way and 'Cuse was dropped. The Hokies and Hurricanes joined the ACC in 2004, BC the following year.

So technically, BC might have started the ball rolling in flirting w/ the ACC along w/Miami, but they were not the first school to switch in that massive re-alignment.

IIRC Virginia politicians and/or govt got involved and Va Tech HAD to be involved.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC Virginia politicians and/or govt got involved and Va Tech HAD to be involved.

Yeah, the whole thing was bizarre...VPI was initially involved in the suit to keep Miami and BC from leaving, then when THEY get the invite, it was like, "see ya, beches!"

The ACC eventually got everybody that they wanted. Just took them a little longer to get Syracuse, and then they ended up w/ Pitt, Louisville, and ND to boot.

The only prize they missed out on was Connecticut, but i'm not sure they ever really wanted them.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the whole thing was bizarre...VPI was initially involved in the suit to keep Miami and BC from leaving, then when THEY get the invite, it was like, "see ya, beches!"

The ACC eventually got everybody that they wanted. Just took them a little longer to get Syracuse, and then they ended up w/ Pitt, Louisville, and ND to boot.

The only prize they missed out on was Connecticut, but i'm not sure they ever really wanted them.

BC and Miami are still holding grudges.

Just not sure Va Tech added anything to the conference. They already have the Virignia market with UVA, and Va Tech isn't really good at many sports. They had a solid run with Vick, Beamer got them to a bowl game...but....they weren't exactly Miami football.

It's a shame UConn football is in such shambles. I think this new AD is positioning to get them into the B12 though.

winningTorch

ray=out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel sorry for the kids for sure, not really for the athletics program.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the ACC truly wanted UConn they'd have them now.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about a memory of leaving college with a $240,000 education with no debt to you or your parents. Oh, and the part about going out for meals. Just think, he got all that and in return he and his teammates delivered zero conference wins. If you think this was sad for him, imagine how sad it is for the students who paid their tuition, and also paid for tickets to watch this team lose every conference game they played.